Meet Winona!

Just now, Zeklo said:

From the email:

"Armed with her indomitable spirit and trusty mending tape, Winona seems to have been plucked straight off the factory line and dropped into the world of Don’t Starve for something's unfathomable amusement."

It doesn't state Charlie. It states, "something's unfathomable amusement." Likely "Them", if we wanna stick to what we know.

Ah, so you're in cahoots with Klei then, eh?

SICK 'EM!! IT'S TIME FOR AN INTERROGATION!! 

1 minute ago, Zeklo said:

From the email:

"Armed with her indomitable spirit and trusty mending tape, Winona seems to have been plucked straight off the factory line and dropped into the world of Don’t Starve for something's unfathomable amusement."

It doesn't state Charlie. It states, "something's unfathomable amusement." Likely "Them", if we wanna stick to what we know.

"They" likely want to see how Charlie will react to having to hurt Winona. In the voice lines, we see that Winona can dodge Charlie because she "Knows all her moves" But if it changed, it could also be because Charlie doesn't want to hurt Winona. Also, isn't it weird that Winona knows that the night monster is Charlie? How did she find out?

1 minute ago, Tylordian said:

"They" likely want to see how Charlie will react to having to hurt Winona. In the voice lines, we see that Winona can dodge Charlie because she "Knows all her moves" But if it changed, it could also be because Charlie doesn't want to hurt Winona. Also, isn't it weird that Winona knows that the night monster is Charlie? How did she find out?

Maybe a certain Waxwellian character can't keep his yap shut. :3

7 hours ago, Silvercide said:

Im pretty sure a lot of players will try Winona once for half an hour then go back to their mains and never touch her again.

Yes, but it's ok, as long as everyone have fun. For some people changing main is hard. Changing habit is hard. I will probably keep playing Wicker, but as long as Winona is fun for some players and create no frustration for others, it's ok if most people keep playing their favorite character.

34 minutes ago, Lumina said:

Yes, but it's ok, as long as everyone have fun. For some people changing main is hard. Changing habit is hard. I will probably keep playing Wicker, but as long as Winona is fun for some players and create no frustration for others, it's ok if most people keep playing their favorite character.

You seem to be mistaking the word habit for crutch.

That's the main reason why players wouldn't use Winona is if her gimmick isn't as overpowered as the ones 70% of the other characters have. There's not much difference to the playstyles of each character, the main intricacy is what specific field they make the game trivial in. Maxwell negates sanity and resource gathering, Wolfgang and Wigfrid negate combat, Wendy negates mob combat, so on.

Wilson, WIllow, Woodie and Wes huddling around a tiny campfire in the dark because they got kicked out of Wolfgang's L33T Fl33t TM.

2 minutes ago, The Curator said:

You seem to be mistaking the word habit for crutch.

At least i'm not mistaking your post with something interesting.

The fact that some character are overpowered in their field isn't preventing people to like different fields. I don't like fighting, character overpowered in fighting aren't the most attractive to me, for example. As long as Winona could have her own field and this field is interesting for enough people, she will be fun to play.

Willow, Woodie and Wilson lack a proper field, i think. I'm not saying that Willow/Woodie have no perk, but they lack a little something that make it a whole, something more consistent. Wilson is lacking something because the "no downside nearly no perk" was fine in solo DS, but isn't working greatly in DST.

Wes could stay as a limited character on purpose, it's not something unusual (and at least it's not as awful as "The Lost" character in Binding Of Isaac). One character that increase the challenge when playing is ok.

I'm not saying that there shouldn't be a balance. That all character are fine as they are. I'm mostly playing Wickerbottom but i think she deserve a tuning to make her a little less great.

Anyway, if Winona offers something interesting in a field that isn't already covered by a better character, she could be fun to play, and some people will play her, and enjoy her.

Archived