Who exactly is Wigfrid?

We all know her as the top-tier carnivore that she is, but remember that she's only acting out a role. We don't know if what she's saying is really what she thinks. We don't know if she truly hates vegetables or is extremely dedicated to the role. Hell, we don't even know if Wigfrid's her real name.

I really want to figure out who the character playing out the role of Wigfrid is. It's something that makes the character so interesting and mysterious.

Thoughts?

Spoiler

inb4 john watson says something witty and relatable

Wigfrid is an actress who is most likely going deeply insane BEFORE she reached the Don't Starve world, as she seems to think of the whole thing as a test to her acting. Meaning, she probably was going a little loopy from this  role before Maxwell even went over to her. Which is a shame, because she probably sang really well if it was an opera

Amassed some Wigfrid examination quotes which give more insight into her origins and details about her.

Whirly Fan- "The chilling breeze reminds me öf my frigid höme."

Ice Maker 3000- "Reminds me öf höme."

Ice- "Reminds me öf höme."

Headstone (3)- "Hey, that's my name!"

Beefalo (sleeping)- "Söunds like Aunt Hilda."

Crow (held)- "Tögether again."

11 hours ago, Weirdobob said:

Wigfrid is an actress who is most likely going deeply insane BEFORE she reached the Don't Starve world, as she seems to think of the whole thing as a test to her acting. Meaning, she probably was going a little loopy from this  role before Maxwell even went over to her. Which is a shame, because she probably sang really well if it was an opera

Yeah, opera is the first thing that comes to mind when I think Wigfrid. That and being a method actress(like Robert Downey Jr's character in Tropic Thunder).

6 hours ago, Atkvin said:

Amassed some Wigfrid examination quotes which give more insight into her origins and details about her.

• Whirly Fan- "The chilling breeze reminds me öf my frigid höme."
  • Ice Maker 3000- "Reminds me öf höme."
  • Ice- "Reminds me öf höme."
  • Headstone (3)- "Hey, that's my name!"
  • Beefalo (sleeping)- "Söunds like Aunt Hilda."
  • Crow (held)- "Tögether again."

Either she's lying or Wigfrid is really from Scandinavia...:wilson_shocked:

6 hours ago, Atkvin said:

Whirly Fan- "The chilling breeze reminds me öf my frigid höme."

Ice Maker 3000- "Reminds me öf höme."

Ice- "Reminds me öf höme."

Headstone (3)- "Hey, that's my name!"

Beefalo (sleeping)- "Söunds like Aunt Hilda."

Crow (held)- "Tögether again."

russian confirmed

wigfrid is putin's nephew :D trying to pretend to be german

To me, the whole world of Don't Starve is kind of like a "show". You got a magician, a strong man, a mime, etc. There's stagehands and an observer/director enjoying the whole thing on their throne. I think Wigfrid was tricked like Wilson was by being promised a chance to be in the best play ever. This may be why she only breaks character when she's in darkness and no one can see her. Maybe she thinks she's getting a reward, like a pleated shirt?

13 hours ago, Weirdobob said:

To me Wigfrid started playing this role - or rather - BE a person she plays - because it was the only thing she can do, to survive in this new, harsh world.

I've long held a jokey belief that Wigfrid is actually just some housewife named, I dunno, Sally Johnson or something from Long Island, who just SNAPPED and ran off one day...but that's just me.  (Why Sally Johnson, I have no idea.  It's just the name that popped into my head.)  As for the quotes listed here, however...those are just her staying in-character.  She MIGHT also be from a cold place, but...

Whirly Fan- "The chilling breeze reminds me öf my frigid höme."--I'M A VIKING

Ice Maker 3000- "Reminds me öf höme."--Again, I'M A VIKING

Ice- "Reminds me öf höme."--I'M STILL A VIKING

Headstone (3)- "Hey, that's my name!" (everybody says this one, it dates back to vanilla DS)

Beefalo (sleeping)- "Söunds like Aunt Hilda."--She _could_ have an aunt with a very Nordic-sounding name, I guess.  Maybe she's from Minnesota...

Crow (held)- "Tögether again."--Norse mythology, crows are associated with Odin and all that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really to me the only quotes that are the _real_ person behind Wigfrid are the ones where she admits that this is all a play, ("The curtain falls!" when going too far into darkness, etc.) and even those don't tell you much about her.  They just show that on some level she's still aware that she's an actress--but a really, bloody, DETERMINED one who will quite literally starve herself _to death_ rather than break character...

...Notorious

7 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Whirly Fan- "The chilling breeze reminds me öf my frigid höme."--I'M A VIKING

Ice Maker 3000- "Reminds me öf höme."--Again, I'M A VIKING

Ice- "Reminds me öf höme."--I'M STILL A VIKING

Headstone (3)- "Hey, that's my name!" (everybody says this one, it dates back to vanilla DS)

Crow (held)- "Tögether again."--Norse mythology, crows are associated with Odin and all that.

My thoughts exactly!

7 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Beefalo (sleeping)- "Söunds like Aunt Hilda."--She _could_ have an aunt with a very Nordic-sounding name, I guess.  Maybe she's from Minnesota...

I think this is also her speaking in a character - a Viking aunt.

Exactly.  That's why I said she COULD maybe have an aunt named that, maybe...implying that really I think that's still her staying in character.  She COULD also legit have an aunt named Hilda, but...

Also bear in mind this is the early 1920's, some more old-fashionedy names we don't use as much nowadays could still be around, and/or maybe her parents are only like, first, maybe second-generation imigrants? It's possible.  But would be a huge coincidence if so.  : P

...Notorious

9 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

It's not much as funny as it's just a signature. But I do find you getting bothered by it quite charming.

Well it is annoying I hate the way she types too, gives me a headache but I'm not going that far.

1 hour ago, GiddyGuy said:

It's not much as funny as it's just a signature. But I do find you getting bothered by it quite charming.

I think he just gets bothered by it because it's not even a forum signature, she takes the time to write it with every post.

But I'm gonna be @JoeW and tell you kiddos to get back on topic, por favor.

36 minutes ago, StarmanNess said:

I think he just gets bothered by it because it's not even a forum signature, she takes the time to write it with every post.

I said signature and not forum signature, just wanted to make that clear. :)

Archived