[Game Update] - 214724

5 minutes ago, Spaartan said:

Okay, since all of the updates came from suggestions, here is mine.

For each of the Triumphant, GOH and Survivor skins, there will be a character specific item for it too

GOH Wilson=GOH Beard

Triumphant Wendy=Triumphant Abigail/Flower

Survivor Maxwell=Survivor Codex Umbra and possibly Shadow minions

You should probably get what I mean by now. I hope my prayers will be answered :)

I've been wanting this for a very long time now.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, The Curator said:

Just more cosmetics most of the community won't use.

Sorry, but I'll be using them, and I know some people that will be using them as well.

Plus, you gotta remember that it's the community that sets up the prices for the skins, not Klei. No one is forcing you to buy skins, since they're entirely optional. If you want, you can try your luck on the Trading Forums and trade for the skins you want.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, The Curator said:

More pay-to-have skins instead of actual content.

Could have used those to make a higher tier Miner and Rain hat.

Nope.

Which is ironic, because the straw and rain hat already are almost never used.

So they're making pay-to-have skins almost no body will use, for items already almost never used.

Stellar decision making.

Artists =/= Devs

• Like 17

24 minutes ago, KilliasK said:

This is clearly mobile gaming tier gouging. To think, I actually liked Klei.

Except that, again, it's the community setting the prices, not Klei. You have the exact same chance of getting a Survivor Wes as you do a GoH Wendy. They're the exact same rarity, but their prices are significantly different because of community demand.

1 hour ago, Spaartan said:

Okay, since all of the updates came from suggestions, here is mine.

For each of the Triumphant, GOH and Survivor skins, there will be a character specific item for it too

GOH Wilson=GOH Beard

Triumphant Wendy=Triumphant Abigail/Flower

You should probably get what I mean by now. I hope my prayers will be answered :)

Poor wx :(

Calling it now,

Backpack skins can be applied to Piggyback and Krampus Sack

Klei pls <3

Edit: Well, technically Krampus Sack is non-craftable =( 
But what if we could still apply the skin to the Krampus Sack near a science/magic machine or by other unconventional means? It could play the animation for equipping newly opened skins.

Edited by KoreanWaffles
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Except that, again, it's the community setting the prices, not Klei. You have the exact same chance of getting a Survivor Wes as you do a GoH Wendy. They're the exact same rarity, but their prices are significantly different because of community demand.

You should examine context before you reply. It might do you some good.

While some people are angry or disappointed because of the new skins ,the PS4 community still waits for the full a new reign update. BE HAPPY YOU GET CONTENT SO FAST!!!(I know the drill with the PlayStation update system,please don't try to tell me how that works)

1 hour ago, JJburner said:

Poor wx :(

Not only Wx, but sadly also Wolfgang. Wicker has the books, and maybe a new animation or something etc.

Webber and Wilson only have their beard. (It would be funny though to see allied spiders with skins too :p lots of GOH Spiders just walking around)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, The Curator said:

More pay-to-have skins instead of actual content.

Could have used those to make a higher tier Miner and Rain hat.

Nope.

Which is ironic, because the straw and rain hat already are almost never used.

So they're making pay-to-have skins almost no body will use, for items already almost never used.

Stellar decision making.

You understand, i hope, that creating higher tier miner and rain hat require work for balance and test ? And that isn't the same thing that creating a new skin ?

Also, it's fine if most of the community won't use skin, it's fine if the item is useless, because this way, nearly no one will feel they HAVE to buy the skin, so it's great. Free reward for people already having the skin, and no problem for the others.

Anyway, i like the rain hat, cute :)

Edited by Lumina
  • Like 1

I love these little fixes and flourishes, even if I don't have the floppy hat skin, though now I will probably try to get it, the way the trapper hats made me into a cat cap obsessive. The wit and style of this game, down to all the amazing little details and items that hardly anyone uses that have funny or charming secret uses (like putting the One Man Band in Hutch), are what keep me interested. I love that there always seems to be something I don't know about it, and that something is a clever if not really necessary touch. The fact that the designers would put making a floppy miner's hat on their to-do list pretty much epitomizes what's great about DS.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, KilliasK said:

This is clearly mobile gaming tier gouging. To think, I actually liked Klei.

Excuse me? You can win the skins just by playing every week. Furthermore you ALL are:

1) NOT forced to buy them. Ehy guys, Steam trades, ever heard of that? :)

2) NOT forced to buy them : it's a skin , won't give you any addictional skill

3) NOT forced to spend any money on it: Drop yourself a rare skin which you don't like , sell it for x €/$ and buy the skin you like for y €/$

They literally get NO money out of the skins. Only players do ^_^

8 hours ago, Spaartan said:

You know what'd be cool? Untriumphant Maxwell's Codex is actually a tiny floating tophat, which he pulls shadow puppets out of. It could be called "Umbra Petasum" which means Shadow Hat in Latin, according to Google Translate.

Survivor Woodie could have a rusted Lucy, GoH Lucy could have a little bow or something, Triumphant Lucy could be polished with a darker wood as the handle.

Love the idea :)

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Onetel21 said:

They literally get NO money out of the skins. Only players do ^_^

Actually, they get a small cut of the market transactions. But so what? That's a good thing, because it's an incentive for them to keep making more skins, rather than abandoning DST for the development of new games that they can realize a profit on.

A pro tip for those who object to this sort of thing: When you are a grown-up and mom and dad are no longer paying for everything, you do have to prioritize activities that can earn you an income so that you can pay for your rent/mortgage and groceries. As it is, I don't understand how Klei can go on making so much free content, like the entire ANR update, and still pay the bills. I would happily pay for anything further they add to the DS franchise. I buy the mobile games even though I don't really enjoy playing them, just to support them. If you want nice things, you have to be willing to support the people who make them.

Edited by Rellimarual
  • Like 5