[Game Update] - (BETA 190418) Teaser

2 hours ago, NeddoFreddo said:

Wow, I'm surprised that a scarecrow hasn't already been added to Don't Starve. I mean... it's such a Don't Starvey kind of thing. Pumpkin head? Old clothes? Check. Check. Also this one really looks like something that'd come alive on... oh, I don't know... a full moon?

If i remember right they where going to add a scarecrow back when DS was still in beta but it never made it in...

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I'm really looking forward to seeing what the salad furnace is gonna do.

i hope it'll cook stuff in bulk! like u can put a stack of meat in it and after a while they'll all be cooked automatically. instead of having to drag ur meat over to the fire pit 40 times! 

• Like 3

Okay here are my guesses on things:
The scarecrow is needed to protect crops from birds which will now eat them.
The scaled furnace might work similar to the obsidian fire pit to add a more efficient way of illuminating late game bases. Would also be neat if it would remove snow around it because I've always been hoping for a way to keep bases snow free in winter.
The toad-stool has honestly been discussed enough already (hoping for it to be a cave boss).
The mushroom lamp might be crafted with spores or drops from the toad-stool, I'm hoping it might also be a more efficient or longer lasting way of illuminating bases.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Ohan said:

i hope it'll cook stuff in bulk! like u can put a stack of meat in it and after a while they'll all be cooked automatically. instead of having to drag ur meat over to the fire pit 40 times! 

I think it will, because of cost = profit.We can see that it's not a simple furnace made of scales, it also has gems in sockets, may be it will be something that works like dragon Fire packim baggims) cooking stucks of meat with tongues of fire:o

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Michi01 said:

The scaled furnace might work similar to the obsidian fire pit to add a more efficient way of illuminating late game bases. Would also be neat if it would remove snow around it because I've always been hoping for a way to keep bases snow free in winter.

Removing snow would be amazing. But it shouldn't be too large area, 2 meters of snow-free area from firepit would be perfect.

• Like 1

• Developer
2 hours ago, Michi01 said:

No more base-invading glaciers! No more!!

• Like 7

YES! Now we're talking! If the first two updates seemed somewhat small, this one is a punch in the face. Thank you Klei.

14 hours ago, AlternateMew said:

I feel like seeing Toadstool will require making a new world to see.

My guess is that none of added stuff will need a new world, unless the Toad is not respawnable (like the Guardian). In other words, if the toad is a boss that reappears after you've defeated it once (supposing you don't starve die in the meantime), it is probably not a world gen thing, and will probably be implemented on all servers running the beta branch.

Thanks again for the awesome update, klei.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Michi01 said:

The toad-stool has honestly been discussed enough already (hoping for it to be a cave boss).
The mushroom lamp might be crafted with spores or drops from the toad-stool, I'm hoping it might also be a more efficient or longer lasting way of illuminating bases.

Pretty much my predictions exactly.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Michi01 said:

Also since they said they want to add more bird variety, the one on the poster might not be the only one. Maybe they'll add specific birds for all seasons?

• Like 1