Maxwell Memes: The Sequel

Please keep it clean and friendly and "on topic". Failure to do so will result in warnings or removal of your ability to post images.

If you don't know what is or is not appropriate, read this. Thanks.

I've had this profile pic for ages, so it's obvious where my sympathies lie, but I do think the crocodogs are a bigger challenge because they can chase you onto land (or water). They become even more difficult than some of the bosses because 1) it's really hard to hear the warning growls sometimes, and this should be fixed and 2) there can be so many of them it's basically impossible to kite them. Meanwhile, hounds teeth are much rarer in SW and it's impossible to build up a good stack for tooth traps by hunting blue or red hounds. You're pretty much stuck using cactus if you want to use a trap, which is a fairly elaborate process and uses a lot of armor.

However, ballphins play a much bigger role, and this is cool because they are adorable AND useful. They can usually pick off several of the crocs and you can build their houses around your base to beef up the protection. Unlike pigs, they are followers that stick close by you and boost your sanity. However they seem to get bugged out easily and somehow end up swimming on the land. Given that SW has always had some kind of barrier between land and sea that most mobs can't cross (or if they cross once, can't cross back) I'm guessing a lot of work went into the crocodogs and I have to admit that they are cool.

Edited by Rellimarual
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, fimmatek said:

Is that true? Is that really true???? It's a really nice idea!

But won't it make the game too easy? In many cases, drowning will be just a minor mistake... making DS much less uncompromising. Though I really like the idea, but maybe with a lower chance (20%, maybe?).

Btw I'm gonna try it now. Can't wait how that looks.

Too easy? M9, have you seen lifejackets? XD

With something like this, it's a good perk for noobs. And veterans have too much pride to rely on puny dolphins when they can just tank anything out with WolfOP. x3

The only people who would exploit it would be me, but I play with cheats so I don't count. :wilson_goodjob:

5 hours ago, Szczuku said:

So are we all just going to ignore the fact that Bottlenose Ballphins now have 80% Chance of saving you from drowning?

4 hours ago, fimmatek said:

Btw I'm gonna try it now. Can't wait how that looks.

I tried it and it really works, I had around 50% chance to survive... but it also could have been my bad luck.

1 hour ago, watermelen671 said:

Too easy? M9, have you seen lifejackets? XD

At first I didn't notice that I need befriended ballphins to save me... I thought they could save me anytime. Which explains why I died all at the first 3 times. (I didn't count them towards the 50% btw). With having to make them followers, it's not that too easy as I first believed, but still can help (especially beginners ;)), and now I do think that 80% seems quite fair.

I don't/didn't want to derail this topic any further, but some pictures I made are almost worthy to be a meme:

Spoiler

Ballphins relax really calmly as they let me drown...

delfin2.jpg.ca5eb13946530ebcfd236955629d42bb.jpg

But if they save me, they come to me and don't speak. But no animation! Klei, please, could we get a being-rescued-by-ballphins animation? (And one for the life jacket too.) Life giving amulet, meat effigy, touchstone... these all have theirs. Please?)

delfin1.jpg.8688527a41b48ab6592a7603fb802fe5.jpg

Edited by fimmatek
  • Like 7

On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 1:51 AM, DatShadowJK said:

Due to the most recent shipwrecked beta update... The saddest thing happened to ourbeloved adorable sea hounds.. They were removed.. Excuse me as I cry my eyeballs off. They were replaced..

Replaced..

By THIS MONSTROSITY

59c20fc2ae493_ScreenShot2017-09-20at4_49_05pm.thumb.png.1b90b6235089b6f27296a6cd86eb6597.png

Why couldn't they at least have them spawn when you chum the water! Who even ever heard of a crocodile smelling blood in the water from miles (Miles "hundred-lives") away!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Xedlord said:

Who even ever heard of a crocodile smelling blood in the water from miles (Miles "hundred-lives") away!!!!!!!!!!!

After playing the Crimson Court DLC for the Darkest Dungeon... maybe this one counts...

Spoiler

300px-Crocodile.png?version=1f56569e5364

Spoiler

The enemy type for it along with all of the other enemies in the DLC are known as "Bloodsuckers" so I think that counts for something, right?

• Like 2

I've wanted to bring this up ever since the Metheus Puzzle came out, but I couldn't think of a clever way to say it.

The puzzle requires you to first obtain the Tragic Torch from the Cyclum Puzzle to light up the room.

I guess that would make you... Pro-Metheus

getitbecauseprometheusgavefiretomankindandinthemetheuspuzzleyouhadtoalsoobtainfiretolightuptheroomwhichmakesyousimilartoprometheusbutalsoitcanmeanprometheusasininfavorofmetheuswhichisthenameofthepuzzle
nice one Klei

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3