How to unlock the Tragic Torch skin! (EXPIRED) Cyclum puzzle SOLVED!

1 minute ago, Kuirem said:

Noticed 2 things :

1. In the original DST comic it was Wilson who tied the birds together, this time it is Maxwell. It proves that tying little critters to build a sciencymagical machine is part of the Magic part.
  2. Next comics will be obviously Wes getting to the throne, kicking Charlie and send everyone back to the real world. GG no re.

You don't know it was Wilson... You can only see the hands!

1 minute ago, Kuirem said:

Noticed 2 things :

1. In the original DST comic it was Wilson who tied the birds together, this time it is Maxwell. It proves that tying little critters to build a sciencymagical machine is part of the Magic part.
  2. Next comics will be obviously Wes getting to the throne, kicking Charlie and send everyone back to the real world. GG no re.

Wes shall claim the throne after pretending to be weak and idiotic,  asking for where the base is...

And then he shall pledge allegiance to the Order of The Potato Cup.

Just now, JimmyJam said:

You don't know it was Wilson... You can only see the hands!

Damn you are right, everything was planned! Anyway it's still proof that it is the 'magical part' or Wilson would take care of it.:wilson_vforvictory:

As i was right with my theory about Charlie being the next in throne and Wilson getting freed by her.

It shows us in the video that Charlie is trying to fight her shadow self while trying to stay sane, being almost impossible at the end of the video we see both of her sides are settled and she is neutral both evil and good, by her dress we can see she has a bit of a white dress and a bit black, also her hat looks menacing but at the same time beautiful, we will probably have to fight her on the adventure mode which i'm really looking forward to. Also the staircase/chair/flower pot has changed at the end of the video which is another tip of her neutral self.

EDIT: also as we can see her Right hand is the evil side/the cursed one the left one is still pure and innocent.

5 minutes ago, Aquaterion said:

could Charlie be a relative to wilson?

The problem is how much conjecture would be involved in that. 

Sure, you could argue that the reason Maxwell knew who Wilson was because of the fact he was in Charlie's family, and he did smile at seeing Charlie, but at the same time, Wilson lived alone so we can't say for sure. In fact, me and Meingrosster had a fun lil headcanon where Webber was actually Wilson's son, so you could theoretically say anyone was related to him.

Besides, I prefer to think that Wilson just thought Charlie might release him and that's why he was happy to seem them. 

There's a lot of, 'What if?' with DS lore. 

3 hours ago, JimmyJam said:

Yea and her real side teleported him back into the DS world before her dark side could kill him!

I think, she did kill him, it's just that whenever a king/queen gets dethroned, they're transported back to the "main" world and demoted to the mere survivor.

On an unrelated note: does the music in the video remind anyone else of the main theme from "Sleepy Hollow"? Especially during the part, where Charlie frees/kills Wilson.

36 minutes ago, Zhuzha said:

I think, she did kill him, it's just that whenever a king/queen gets dethroned, they're transported back to the "main" world and demoted to the mere survivor.

On an unrelated note: does the music in the video remind anyone else of the main theme from "Sleepy Hollow"? Especially during the part, where Charlie frees/kills Wilson.

I'm still sticking to the teleporting. When Maxwell dead he died and turned into dust he didn't go into a portal. Also i don't think the throne killed Maxwell, I think it slowed aging and when he got off of it time caught up to him. That why he turned into dust... but that's just what i think feel feel to point out a flaw in my theory. :)

Well we know that Wendy, Wolfgang and Wes are officially canon. Interesting that those three have been brought into the world as they are the three with the strongest connection to Maxwell; his niece and two of his former circus co-workers.

Now we need to know what is Max's relation with Willow, WX78, Wickerbottom, Woodie & Webber (and to a lesser extent Walani, Warly, Wilbur & Woodlegs)

Guys, You are awesome! :D

Reaaaaaally, good job, got torch and everything.

And this is the reason, why I think that THIS forum and THOSE developers and THIS community is the best. Devs have fun with us, provide challenges which are VERY rewarding. Big thanks to Devs and You, for another brilliant puzzle experience! :D

...aaand I hope there will be some more puzzles oneday,,, ^-^

Got though all the pages, phew. So many people trying to get the torch now. Anyway, good job everyone. I was sleeping when you found that video. Btw the last panel looks like there will be a one more below it...

1 hour ago, Sugarcombo said:

I'm on the step with the roses when it has to spell out Charlie but I can't solve this part, I click all the roses and nothing happens ;w;

"The second page borders spell out CHARLIE top to bottom. You have to click all the roses on the panels in order of the letters H-E-I-R to complete the puzzle. "

Click only on the roses in the correct panels, to spell out "h E i R".

@Serph, you have to click the flowers. If you did that, maybe the problem solved itself anyways.

4 hours ago, Khaozu said:

If klei makes a new story in the (highly suspected) adventure mode of together, I hope the update/dlc also comes to the single player campaign. I have both games, but for the people that only have DS the story will be incomplete if that update/dlc/whatever never reaches the singleplayer. 

I guess they could still make a group quest for the solo where other characters would be NPC with their own AI with whom you would still cooperate, or something where characters would be separated in different dungeons, forcing the player to master several characters pros and cons. Wouldn't be quite as fun as a true multiplayer adventure mode though.

2 minutes ago, Bahlsen said:

I guess they could still make a group quest for the solo where other characters would be NPC with their own AI with whom you would still cooperate, or something where characters would be separated in different dungeons, forcing the player to master several characters pros and cons. Wouldn't be quite as fun as a true multiplayer adventure mode though.

Well technically DS is in the past, while DST is the present I feel. So it would be normally for DS not to catch up, maybe? Idk I haven't really played DS that much

8 minutes ago, Aquaterion said:

Well technically DS is in the past, while DST is the present I feel. So it would be normally for DS not to catch up, maybe? Idk I haven't really played DS that much

You're right actually, I'm making some mental gymnastics here because I feel that a dst adventure mode would let down the solo players even more, even if porting it to DS wouldn't make sense.

They have to have something in mind, though.

I mean, come on, there's comments in Maxwell's speech files that are almost certainly from Charlie......that can't just be a coincidence.

They're alluding to something like another adventure mode. Come on, guys.

Also, the fact that the last page isn't viewable in full is disconcerting to me. Almost as if there's a bit more in store....

I'm not convinced it's over yet, guys. At the very least, we should get the fullscreen view of the last page....

15 minutes ago, Silentdarkness1 said:

They have to have something in mind, though.

I mean, come on, there's comments in Maxwell's speech files that are almost certainly from Charlie......that can't just be a coincidence.

They're alluding to something like another adventure mode. Come on, guys.

Also, the fact that the last page isn't viewable in full is disconcerting to me. Almost as if there's a bit more in store....

I'm not convinced it's over yet, guys. At the very least, we should get the fullscreen view of the last page....

big image:http://cyclum.dontstarvetogether.com/page5/big/5/final.png

Page 4 is missing, but then again they might have considered the video to be "page 4"

just an FYI, the last page has no click tracking, so no point in trying to click things

The OP on this topic is officially updated with all steps required to complete the puzzle! The images should make things clearer for people! Tell me what you guys think? Should I add something else on there to make things even clearer?

EDIT: I renamed the topic to "How to unlock the Tragic Torch skin!" That should let even more people see it.

Archived