How to unlock the Tragic Torch skin! (EXPIRED) Cyclum puzzle SOLVED!

3 minutes ago, JimmyJam said:

So i just re watched the video again becasue it so cool! One thing came to mind what if Wilson knows Charlie!!! He seems happy to see her. Like he knows who she is and that she will and can help him!

Actually, I think it is much more plausible that he thought (rightly) that he would be freed. 

4 minutes ago, JimmyJam said:

So i just re watched the video again becasue it so cool! One thing came to mind what if Wilson knows Charlie!!! He seems happy to see her. Like he knows who she is and that she will and can help him!

Also, it seems like Charlie was genuinely trying  to be friendly despite her being a shadow creature before her grue side took over.

Just now, Quoth143 said:

Also, it seems like Charlie was genuinely trying  to be friendly despite her being a shadow creature before her grue side took over.

Yea and her real side teleported him back into the DS world before her dark side could kill him!

1 hour ago, logos2 said:

Hi,folks. I try to solve the puzzle but now the "sumbit" block dissapear,when i try solve it by myself.
It mean that i am loser and don't get a cookie? 

If so , i am very sad. I really want this tourch. :c

Безымянный.png

Click all 12 flowers to solve it first.

5 minutes ago, Quoth143 said:

Very plausible. I mean, what with the emotional struggle between the Grue and Charlie, it's obvious they have very different ideas. 

11 minutes ago, JimmyJam said:

Or just happy there is someone there, but you have a point...

Just now, WildWesternWilson said:

Very plausible. I mean, what with the emotional struggle between the Grue and Charlie, it's obvious they have very different ideas. 

Well yea that's why she was changing the throne room so much.

8 hours ago, ImDaMisterL said:

So Charlie gets to stop the Ragtime when she gets on the throne?

Talk about unfair...

Charlie too OP plz nerf

7 hours ago, shyguy1824 said:

well charlie doesn't really seem that mad at maxwell,it seems.

MY SHIP IS SEAWORTHY AGAIN 

7 hours ago, Bahlsen said:

Phew, that's intense. My biggest wish now would be to free Charlie in-game, and have her as a playable character. But I know that the devs said there won't be an adventure mode...Besides, who would be on the throne ? It would also be asking a lot from the devs, and be another privilege for DST upon DS, but on the other hand, it would probably be one of the best moments in video games ever.

Judging by tonight's video, Charlie as a character could turn flowers into evil flowers and vice versa, transform nightmare creatures into minable statues for rocks and nightmare fuel, make a light source equivalent to a torch but it would drain sanity constantly, and all of these powers would be unstable (like, not always working) and always cost her sanity. Oh Klei, I'm begging you...

Oh I want this now

6 hours ago, Selenne said:

309b405478b7c65b2a6d62f565e5f1fa.png

Maybe i'm just a broken little soul, but she so reminds me of Caroline from Portal ;-; lost who she was, became non-human, got deleted

Charlie's better than Caroline though. She still remembers herself at least.

6 hours ago, MenaAthena said:

Oh my... I just realized...

Every pause in the Grue's attacks it Charlie resisting the monster. She's been aware for each life she's taken, futily fighting against her other half in an attempt to spare the survivors...

;n;

*tries not to cry* *lies down* *cries a lot*

6 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

It makes me wonder what kind of power Charlie had as just the night monster. She freed Wilson by just lightly tapping on the throne.

It seems like she's on a level much higher than Maxwell was.

Maxwell's pretty much just a summoner. Charlie IS a shadow creature by the looks of it(The grue side at least).

5 hours ago, JimmyJam said:

Umm i would say she is looking into the sky. But Maxwell is looking at her!

HEADCANON HYPE

I'm in love with the story of DS. It's so good. Beyond the william carter puzzles, this happens. After Maxwell and Willson's first portal brought Wilson to the island, their second one brought all the rest. Its such a fantastic story(all of the lore, not just this bit ofc)

4 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

I'm in love with the story of DS. It's so good. Beyond the william carter puzzles, this happens. After Maxwell and Willson's first portal brought Wilson to the island, their second one brought all the rest. Its such a fantastic story(all of the lore, not just this bit ofc)

The biggest draw of the story is that we as the community play such an active role in uncovering it. It makes every little detail we manage to uncover matter so much more because it feels like we earned it. It's an ingenious method to get us invested into this world where vocal cords are replaced by musical instruments and where haircuts have a survival instinct of their own.

If klei makes a new story in the (highly suspected) adventure mode of together, I hope the update/dlc also comes to the single player campaign. I have both games, but for the people that only have DS the story will be incomplete if that update/dlc/whatever never reaches the singleplayer. 

Charlie doesn't seem nice to me. She smiled at the puppet.

All, yes all, characters say worried or sad things like "He's in pain!" or "She's trapped!" when examining the puppet (person on the throne).

Charlie is the only person who is happy at this point of the Adventure. She knew what was going to happen and has happened.

Additionally, the shadows did not force her onto the throne, not even at the end. The last scene wasn't her human form winning over the shadow one, it was a compromise.

The only thing that can be said for sure is that the Adventure, if possible in DST, will be a stiffer climb than the original one.

On 4/21/2016 at 11:00 AM, Luxurious said:

PUZZLE SOLVED!

SOLVING THIS PUZZLE GIVES YOU THE TRAGIC TORCH SKIN IN DON'T STARVE TOGETHER!

Your bloody reward!

tragic.PNG

It's that time again guys... let's get right into it! Found this while watching the trailer on .25 speed: 

puzzle.PNG

It says cyclum, which means cycle from latin to english. Typing that in with dontstarvetogether link gets you here:

http://cyclum.dontstarvetogether.com/

It seems it's another comic that gets updated daily like the one they did with the DST teaser. The comic updates at exactly 4PM PST.

EDIT: The comic got updated! Check out the link above, actually I can just post it here:

EDIT: Another update! Check out the link above or just see here:

EDIT: (PUZZLE STEP) Comic got an update again! This time we had to enter INFIRMUS into the bar bellow to update the comic:

(This part of the puzzle was solved by @Flare2V )

EDIT: (PUZZLE STEP) After typing in Infirmus we had to click on all 12 flowers in the comic, including Maxwell's rose on the final panel. Double click them in case one click isn't working. If it still isn't working try to clear your browser's cache. When done correctly the comic updates:

(This part of the puzzle was solved by @Zillvr )

EDIT: Comic got another update, check it out!

EDIT: (PUZZLE STEP) Double click the smoke in the last panel to update the comic!

EDIT: We got yet another update! This puzzle just won't stop!

EDIT: (PUZZLE STEP) Type in PULVIS ET UMBRA SUMUS to continue the puzzle, really hope this isn't the end!

(This part of the puzzle was solved by @Pontivagus )

EDIT: (PUZZLE STEP) Click on the 2 berry bushes in the third panel, the trap on the second panel, the stick Wilson is holding on the first panel and the crock pot to update the comic:

(This part of the puzzle was solved by @LCOV )

EDIT: Another update! Things are getting REALLY interesting!

EDIT: (PUZZLE STEP) A bunch of roses will appear on the second page now. The second page borders spell out CHARLIE top to bottom. You have to click all the roses on the panels in order of the letters H-E-I-R to complete the puzzle.

(This part of the puzzle was solved by @KedarK3 and @Ajosen )

Page 1:

Reveal hidden contents

cyclum.png

Page 2:

Reveal hidden contents

cyclum2.png

Page 3:

Reveal hidden contents

cyclum3.png

Page 4:

Reveal hidden contents

cyclum!!!.png

That's a wrap guys! Thank you all for contributing and a special thanks to Klei Entertainment for making this genius puzzle! The comic might be over, but the story most certainly isn't!

Until next time...

EDIT: A pretty nice catch by @Quoth143 or itstheblob rather...anyways...this is just more evidence that Charlie might be the one sitting on the throne now.

If you like Cyclum memes head on over to the meme thread, I personally approve of memes being posted here because we have a full day between updates, but folks requested it:

Is this finaly solved now? :3

Damn, so many stuff to read.

6 hours ago, thisbird said:

If you follow her line of sight, she's looking straight at him. Recognition?

line of sight.jpg

Well, she doesn't have pupils, so...

5 hours ago, Gyths said:

Don't wanna be that guy but I took notice:

Wes.PNG

Wes2.PNG

Da best post here!

Can't wait to craft my new Tragic Torch!

19 minutes ago, Maslak said:

Damn, so many stuff to read.

Well, she doesn't have pupils, so...

Da best post here!

Can't wait to craft my new Tragic Torch!

The Tragic Torch is brilliant. In fact, all the item skins are brilliant. 

2 minutes ago, WildWesternWilson said:

The Tragic Torch is brilliant. In fact, all the item skins are brilliant. 

… If only I had more of them.

Survivor Wilson and the Crock Pot shall be mineeeee!

Noticed 2 things :

1. In the original DST comic it was Wilson who tied the birds together, this time it is Maxwell. It proves that tying little critters to build a sciencymagical machine is part of the Magic part.
  2. Next comics will be obviously Wes getting to the throne, kicking Charlie and send everyone back to the real world. GG no re.

Archived