How to unlock the Tragic Torch skin! (EXPIRED) Cyclum puzzle SOLVED!

10 minutes ago, Asparagus said:

(I was going to make a summary thread but...)

Regarding the issue of Maxwell turning Charlie into the Grue... I have to say NO O__O
If you remember the video "The Final Act", you can see that both of them were forced into the book...
He loved Charlie, but only he could resist They're total influence...

Reveal hidden contents

8 - 6 - Trapped.jpg

Now what I believe is, that Charlie, being mortal, had no chance against They're will and so, was corrupted, and became They're puppet... Maxwell did not want the one he loved to become the Night Monster.. but he had no choice... his regret when inspecting the Codex Umbra says it all... now, to the current puzzle...

WWbZIEx.png

Maxwell only had his power because of the throne and the Codex Umbra...
As it stands... or in this case, sits, Charlie, even without the throne...
was able to manipulate shadows and open portals...
she herself was given shadow powers...
even without the throne or the book... she had the power of the NIght Monster...
But the payment was too steep... herself...
her very being...
her personality...
her sanity...

They had now owned her...

Reveal hidden contents

OKJLMQc.gif

But what I loved about the video is...
at the end...
her two conflicting sides...
merged into one... the Grue and Charlie, both conflicted, fighting for the right to dominate... became one...

She now has both aspects of Charlie, the one who had compassion, who loved Maxwell...
And the Night Monster... destined to hunt down the puppets for They're enjoyment... she was theirs now...

Though she is not bound to the Nightmare Throne like the previous puppet master, Maxwell... 
They give her free reign... 
Her powers are not bound to the throne... she was now both the Night Monster and The Puppet Master...

Though still bound to this world...

Her freedom is more than the survivors...

With her now being One... what could be the fates of the survivors?

[end scene] (I kinda have more to say but leaving it open-ended sounded good XD)

Wow mate, that's some pretty deep shnazz you went on there.

I anticipate DST Adventure mode (if it ever becomes true) as the struggle to fight Charlie (The new villain of the DS franchise, perhaps?)-- or maybe, the actually truth of the matter?

1 minute ago, MycoLogical said:

So is New Reigh a DLC/update? Does it come before or after Through the Ages?

New Reign means someone else is ruling and we're going through that time. Just because it has the name "Reign" like "Reign of Giants" doesn't mean its a new dlc xD

@Asparagoose
All those "..." are making this text... Weird, in a weird kind of weird way.

Well, some challenge to complete it with friends to unlock something cool sounds good. Charlie is my favorite character from DS universe, so it would be nice to play as her, even if she'll suck as a character :D But still, I'm not feeling like adding Charlie is a good idea. DST shouldn't have more characters than DS, imo.

DST Adventure Mode with my ultra lags and unskilled friends, hehe...

1 minute ago, Maslak said:

@Asparagoose
All those "..." are making this text... Weird, in a weird kind of weird way.

Well, some challenge to complete it with friends to unlock something cool sounds good. Charlie is my favorite character from DS universe, so it would be nice to play as her, even if she'll suck as a character :D But still, I'm not feeling like adding Charlie is a good idea. DST shouldn't have more characters than DS, imo.

DST Adventure Mode with my ultra lags and unskilled friends, hehe...

read it with pauses... Charlie ordered me to be as dramatic as possible when I tell them of her tales~ O__O

10 hours ago, WildWesternWilson said:

Actually, I think it is much more plausible that he thought (rightly) that he would be freed. 

Yeah, I think that probably that smile was not recognition. That was the smile of someone who's been trapped, and expects to stay trapped and eventually get worn down like Maxwell did, looking unexpected freedom in the face.

1 hour ago, Dhareth said:

thoughts about lore: nor Willson nether Maxwell must be first prisoners of that world. That could be Wilbur nert Wodlegs (in very past, and then they was hibernated for a long)

and Walany and Warlie looks more modern than Wilson and co. (serf board preaty new thing)

Actually, depending on where Walani's from, she could very well have been surfing in the 1920s. It existed in Hawaii since before 1769, when visitors there first brought back word of the tradition to the outside world.

It spread to Australia in 1910 and the east coast of the US in 1912.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_surfing

• Developer
13 minutes ago, thisbird said:

Yeah, I think that probably that smile was not recognition. That was the smile of someone who's been trapped, and expects to stay trapped and eventually get worn down like Maxwell did, looking unexpected freedom in the face.

doctor-evil-quote_5724ebcc6bb343115.jpg

Maybe before Maxwell was freed from his throne, Charlie was just a mindless Shadow Creature because 'they' took her spirit/essence/whatever and turn it into some sort of monster that attack anyone in reach (in darkness). 

It's also possible when Maxwell was freed, 'they' need someone else to replace him at the throne. That's why they took Charlie's physical body to sit / be near the throne. She looks innocent, not pissed off and still kindly tried to help Wilson because she didn't remember anything after the show possibly because she was controlled for too long.

To make this theory more valid, maybe 'they' need someone to control the throne so 'they' can absorb the life force of that person for whatever reason (this is why Maxwell's body was deformed) or 'they' wanted to take control of the physical body of that person (maybe Maxwell was 'incompatible' or too weak to contain 'them' - this is proven by the fact that Maxwell's Health Cap is only 75) so they can actually interact with object / people without that person being insane first / in a special circumstances (Maxwell trying to summon them/literally put his arm inside the book, 'Nightmare Phase' inside ruin, etc).

The fact that Charlie tried to resist her 'grue side' support this theory even more. It's obvious that her grue side want to be in charge of her body. Also, once again for whatever reason, her grue side did not kill Wilson. Maybe she planted some dark-evil essence inside Wilson which later makes Wilson become Evil which also explain why all the new Shadow Skins are the twisted-devious looking version of the characters.

By the way i havent slept in 23 hours and i have no idea what i just type, anyone who want to comment on the flaws or ask question - bring it on. I'll answer you guys happily with whatever imagination or strenght i have left :)) 

Peace out.

but like, if you look closely, when she's ""possessed"" black marks on the sides of her face appear, as if the shadow were going to go for the face too but couldn't. she straight up looks like a shadow monster with a human face glued on. maybe the will to rule over the ds world kept her mind sorta intact enough to go on?

In the wikia, there's this phrase that really catched my attention. It is when Maxwell is trapped on the nightmare throne on the Epilogue: Checkmate part. It reads: 

• "I don't know what they want. They... they just watch."
  • "Unless you get too close... Then...

and: 

• "It's best not to fight it."

Maybe, THEY transformed Charlie to give Maxwell a lesson. Lemme explain: after they were both dragged to the DS world, Maxwell tried to fight THEM with his new powers, but he did not succeed, and THEY decided to give him a lesson showing what THEIR powers were capable of.

They transformed Charlie into the Grue, and Maxwell watched EVERYTHING. And that's how he knows the Grue is actually Charlie, and calls her name in the darkness.

It also explains why Charlie doesn't have a personal grudge against Maxwell, and why he's always apologizing to her; because he couldn't save her. 

5 hours ago, Zillvr said:

@Luxurious all good!

Though if you really want to be nitpicky, then there are some empty space lines. Namely the ones right below the spoiler of Step 6 and of Page 4. Then also at the very end after the Maxwell Memes:The Sequel thread mention including the line right after the PROBLEM SOLVED!

Lastly, the space right before " The cyclum page was found in the release trailer video shown here..." probably needs a title to visually separate it from the Steps on How to Obtain the Tragic Torch. Maybe something like "How the puzzle was discovered:" or something along those lines.

Then again, you can keep it as it is. It's all good. These are just some points you may want to look at if you really really REALLY want to be nitpicky about OP.

Otherwise, good job on keeping it updated Lux. Cheers!

All done! Empty spaces removed and "How the puzzle was found!" category added, thanks!

1 hour ago, Atendrish said:

In the wikia, there's this phrase that really catched my attention. It is when Maxwell is trapped on the nightmare throne on the Epilogue: Checkmate part. It reads: 

• "I don't know what they want. They... they just watch."
  • "Unless you get too close... Then...

and: 

• "It's best not to fight it."

Maybe, THEY transformed Charlie to give Maxwell a lesson. Lemme explain: after they were both dragged to the DS world, Maxwell tried to fight THEM with his new powers, but he did not succeed, and THEY decided to give him a lesson showing what THEIR powers were capable of.

They transformed Charlie into the Grue, and Maxwell watched EVERYTHING. And that's how he knows the Grue is actually Charlie, and calls her name in the darkness.

It also explains why Charlie doesn't have a personal grudge against Maxwell, and why he's always apologizing to her; because he couldn't save her. 

I think you might have hit the nail on the head, my friend.

Archived