We're Live!

This won't spoil the ending at the least, but heres what's to be expected...

Be prepared to experience the most vague ending possible, playing as Wilson doesn't change anything! Infact, Wilson doesn't even feel like a canon, or a special character. There is no special scene, there is no special "choice". Everything you do in the end is mandatory. The ending was very disappointing for me as a big DS player, but I hope that post content will solve all and explore the ending further...Most vague ending ever, no backstory, you don't learn anything new, and the ending doesn't make you wonder about post content stuff either, it didn't feel worth it to play through all of that just for this small vague ending!If you are playing DS adventure mode just to experience the ending, stop playing, otherwise you will end up like me with this disappointing ending and all this playtime *9-11 hours to get through adventure mode...*Just spare yourself that pain, and look up the ending on youtube!Then hope post content will fix all that and perhaps tie up on the questions you had and still have before and after watching the end.
Thank you, I was afraid of this

Thank you, I was afraid of this

Also, incase your interested, Bigfoot responded to how I felt about the ending earlier..... April 18th when it was still in the "Release Candidate" phase.
The new Maxwell (playable) lines just came in last night, and should shed (a little!) more light about the world. Indeed, it's a fine line between explaining everything and keeping things interesting. I get that it's somewhat vague -- what we've tried to do is express the world through its actions, suggesting what's going on, rather than the explicit words. Sometimes that works, sometimes not! In any case, we will continue to explore the lore post-launch, so I hope to see you there.
Atleast from this you can infer that Klei wasn't rushed, or didn't care about the ending. There still amazing developers, but for some reason perhaps Bigfoot or Kevin thought it was a good idea to keep the ending very VERY vague in hopes that would be acceptable and a good ending. But Maxwell literally says 5-7 lines *very shot, yet amusing lines..* then that's pretty much it "The End!".Hopefully post content will reveal a much better ending explaining Maxwell, how he got there, who he is exactly, and will explain Wilson alot more, because ending or not, you get no new info about Wilson or Maxwell :(There's one GOOD thing about the ending.....ya know...the new playable character...
Maxwell! His lines are great, fit his personality well, has good perks, and you do get to learn small bits of info about him, but it still doesn't compensate for the disappointing ending :(

Personally, I'm hoping the next update is a character one. Whether it gives them backstories, releases a new character or two, alters the unlocking process, or makes the current characters more unique, I just want something done for them. I've got my fingers crossed that all seven of the remaining characters make it in. :D

Posting an opinion later than when I wanted to, but I got zonked into the game hellbent on getting to a certain day of survival, till I hit game over from merms in a swamp, then hound attack sounded right when I died, then they teleported across the map, literally, where I setup a meat effigy and ganked me at my base. I took it as a sign to break for a bit XD-I noticed this update-thing between my break of game play a day ago? Took a break for food, came back to same map noticing new things, the saplings, very cute, duration on basically everything now, was kind of bummed at first till I saw the sewing kit. I laughed and was like "wtf is this didddy" Glad that was implemented and I went on a sewing rampage going "MEND ALL OF THE THINGS! BWAHAHA!" I figured it was time for a new map anyways, my old map didn't have a pig king, and very few beefalo of about 5 till it was taken down to 1 every time hounds came by their slowly regrowing population, course, the map was a bit older so meh, No harm done really since I could get what I needed, perhaps it was a stronger challenge because there were so few >:PI LOVE the official trailer. I really do. Kinda wanted to see some of the bugfixes that were done, but eh, everything seems to be running smoothly for me for the time being, and I'm still happy about finally finding a new solid method of things to do regarding gathering, fighting, all that jazz which works well for me. Seems kinda funny I found something that works well for me when DS went live XDI can proudly say throughout my gameplays, I've not starved once and plan to keep it that way as well as survive longer than before! :yaypigs:

Edited by Lady Tyrantess

Also, incase your interested, Bigfoot responded to how I felt about the ending earlier..... April 18th when it was still in the "Release Candidate" phase.

Atleast from this you can infer that Klei wasn't rushed, or didn't care about the ending. There still amazing developers, but for some reason perhaps Bigfoot or Kevin thought it was a good idea to keep the ending very VERY vague in hopes that would be acceptable and a good ending. But Maxwell literally says 5-7 lines *very shot, yet amusing lines..* then that's pretty much it "The End!".Hopefully post content will reveal a much better ending explaining Maxwell, how he got there, who he is exactly, and will explain Wilson alot more, because ending or not, you get no new info about Wilson or Maxwell :(There's one GOOD thing about the ending.....ya know...the new playable character...
Maxwell! His lines are great, fit his personality well, has good perks, and you do get to learn small bits of info about him, but it still doesn't compensate for the disappointing ending :(
Thanks for that too:)I'm glad that the game isn't done done. If people are thirsty for information then I'm sure they will add more snippets in the later updates

This may not be mentioned but when you plant a new tree; it's still referred to as a pine cone

And sometimes, it bounces when I plant it! Now that doesn't look right.Also, I wasn't sure where else to put this, but I noticed the idle animation that plays while you hold a shovel causes the business end to clip into the player's legs.

may i just say that this has been by far one of the BEST Beta experiences i have ever had! (and i have had a few from WoW, to PS2, to COH, COH2 etc.... ) the open development concept really worked and the devs are a nice bunch of people!

• Developer

Also, examining Vertirano's (warrior pigs) gives the message "It's a...thing"

Well, it IS a thing. :)I'll have to go on a missing description string hunt at some point. There's a surprising amount of text in this game!

Well, it IS a thing. :)I'll have to go on a missing description string hunt at some point. There's a surprising amount of text in this game!

It may be a think Sir Kevin, but Wickerbottom can't appear unintelligent!Now nowNOT EVER!(also the new baby trees need a re-write, they're seen as pinecones)

My point of view about the ending, after finishing it for a second time (trying to keep it ambiguous as I can even with spoiler tags):

I like the loop you created at the end if you get a certain person through adventure mode for a second round. Yeah, I am guessing this ending is really just a beginning. Even though I do what remember what Kevin said awhile back ago that he would like to do a “Sid Meier's Pirates!” ending. Guessing after “Bioshock Infinite” infamous ending you guys decided one ending would be enough for now (universally on all characters it works). I could just imagine how much of a coding nightmare it would have been to do a “Pirates!” ending for everything you did this game. Also it kind of felt tougher for a second play through, but that could just be me.More details on the ending itself:
It was enjoyable and I can understand that there could still be more to learn behind the scenes. I have this weird feeling that Maxwell is not so much a demon now but another person from another time. A reflection of what Wilson is and what he used to be. It was probably Maxwell’s greedy ambition for wealth and power that caused his downfall. I get that from his complete lack of empathy compared to Wilson; who actually has a bit higher standard of ethics (believe it or not). The question is who was there before Maxwell? Plus who is really in control? The ending left me in the same state I was after playing Half Life 2 (or the original, even though the sequel left more to be desired) for the first time.