We're Live!

What about multiplayer? Do you plan to add it?

I can't believe you asked that question... At least read 1 or 2 other "multiplayer" threads! Devs said trillions of times that they ARE NOT going to add multiplayer! They've added multiplayer to Minecraft - see what you get? A game full of 9 yrs old kids! The main thing about Don't Starve is that You are ALONE! GOD DANGIT!oh. And welcome to the forums.

I can't believe you asked that question... At least read 1 or 2 other "multiplayer" threads! Devs said trillions of times that they ARE NOT going to add multiplayer! They've added multiplayer to Minecraft - see what you get? A game full of 9 yrs old kids! The main thing about Don't Starve is that You are ALONE! GOD DANGIT!oh. And welcome to the forums.

well, the devs aren't going to add it...but we've been chatting on the possibilities of adding a mod.we'd only have to rewrite a good fourth of the codealong with setting up client-server interactions..and then tweaking AIand then managing extra quotesand combatand craftingand UI's.so it might take a while....:(

well, the devs aren't going to add it...but we've been chatting on the possibilities of adding a mod.we'd only have to rewrite a good fourth of the codealong with setting up client-server interactions..and then tweaking AIand then managing extra quotesand combatand craftingand UI's.so it might take a while....:(

He was asking devs about adding multiplayer to the game. Not about the mods :p

He was asking devs about adding multiplayer to the game. Not about the mods :p

(don't mean to start an argument, just making sure I win it b4 it's started.)but you stated it like multiplayer was never going to happen and multiplayer would ruin don't starve...Which makes it sound like you're against multiplayer, not just devs adding it...

Wow! Congrats! I love the updates, although I now have to kill a poor beefalo to make my favorite hat ;) Too many awesome new things in the last few updates to possibly post them all. You guys rule! Enjoy your well-earned vacation!

Killing the beefalo for a REASON makes me sad....I wish we weren't so reliant on the beefalo...

Not really. You could survive just fine without beefalo fur/horn. You're just gonna have to punish yourself a lil bit for it though. I should know, I've been there.

yeah, so have I, trust me, killing 4 tallbirds a day to stay alive isn't fun... and during winter... (shivers at the thought)

Congratulations, Klei. Don't Starve, mark my words, WILL rank up there in the survival games. I'm talking popularity somewhere between Minecraft and Terraria. You deserve the fame. This is definitely one of the most fun, entertaining, and worthwhile games I have ever played. I love sinking my chops more and more into the story of Maxwell and the game every time a new update comes out. Good job with the limbo there, by the way, not too little and not too much info there. Certainly has drawn more interest out of me than if the story was just revealed abruptly.I... I have no recommendations. This game is already too good. Watching the trailer of how the time has flown almost pulled a tear out of me. Yep I was just about to cry and then "sniff... this is so touchi--- GAH MAXWELL!!!"I am glad to have been on the scene when Don't Starve was in beta. I've been here since Long Live the Queen.Thank you Klei for making such a wonderful game. It will take off. It'll FLY off the shelves even more so than it already has been.Dry