We're Live!

I've been looking up on the forums and the community ever since I bought the game, that was a while ago, but made an account like yesterday I think, and I just wanna say, I'm so proud, to participate in this amazing, beautiful game, it was a joy that I won't get for a long time I believe, looking at the (days left before update) and look the trailer and forums for the next update excited like crazy, cuz pretty much every update has never failed to surprise me, I'm looking forward to see more people get into this awesome game and experience the the true meaning of a "survival game".

Thank you Klei, thank you so much.

totally stupid question :(how do i start adventure mode ? when i start the game i hit new game .. then there are the optionschange char / customize world / start / cancelwhen i hit start the game starts and the savegame says survivalis adventure now the standard mode ?

You start in survival mode and have to find the maxwell door to enter adventure mode!

I've been lurking these forums since not too long after release. I've hardly ever posted because it felt like everything I needed to say was already said by other people on here. I just would like to congratulate Klei on this release and say this was the best beta I have ever witnessed.

I got this game trading with a random guy at steam for 3 keys of team fortress 2, since then it is one of my 3 most daily played games, who needs to waste 28 bucks for a game like minecraft where you gotta wait like 3 months for a update when you got Don't starve.

Just a few niggles I have with the game right now:

1) There's no game controls screen currently from what I see. A lot of control related commands aren't obvious (like the lock camera command), and it would be good to have a screen to see and configure the controls.

2) There's currently no method to clear your save/delete all your data in game. Some people like to start fresh every once in a while (as a beta player going into the official release I would like to for example), so having an option to clear your data would be great.

3) Finally...Fire Pit issue!

Currently Fire Pits look like this, with the fire sitting ontop of the stones:

Fire Sits Ontop of Stones!

But I think Fire Pits should look like this:

Fire Sits IN the Stone Pit!

I did that like this:

Fire Pit Diagram Explanation

The fire pit has bothered me foreveeeer, but I didnt want to say much, but hopefully it'll be changed, I think it will look better like this.

Edited by shingouki

Kevin why just why , i saw the ending after 5 hours triyng it serusis why , Its just dont ****ing worth it why in ALL THIS TIME U MADE THIS ADVENTRUE MODE THAT IS LIKE SANDBOX FOR O FUKING END WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPENED JESUS 5 HOURS OF WORKING ON IT JUST TO SE 1 CUTCENE GREAT JUST GREAT WHO ARE THE CAPTORS WHAT HAPENED TO ABIGIL WHY TO THEY HAVE POWERS JUST WHY . but i am ok wift that the only problem i got Instead of doing a adnventure mode that sucks why just made

multiplayers insted !,because the adventure mode there a ending if u could call that a ending thats terrible we got just like sanbox mode that it just harder and worse no ending for each one , just nothing unlock maxell and thats it omg why i should looked in the internet the ending sucks and i beat it legit and i dont think it worted just please give something to the history the ending dont: explain anything about anyone,dont explain why are u there, dont explain why are u there AND WORSE DONT EXPLAIN WHO REALY PUT U IN THERE , AND WORSE CHOICE WHAT CHOICE OR U DIE FROM STARVATION OR U TAKE PITTY THERE IS NO CHOICE AT ALL WHYYYY I JUST WANTED TO LIKE RUN OR FREE MAXELL JUST THAT BUT NO CHOICE DIE WIFT MAXELL OR FREE HIM AND U DONT EVEN GET TO SEE ANYTHING IF U WANNA DIE THERE JUST WHY HUGE DISAPOITWEMENT U SHOULD HAVE DONE MULTIPLAYER INSTEAD(JUST MY OPINION on the multiplayer)

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for the bad english brasilian here

Has a back story of some sort been added into the game for the characters, Wilson at least to explain what's going on?

This won't spoil the ending at the least, but heres what's to be expected...
Be prepared to experience the most vague ending possible, playing as Wilson doesn't change anything! Infact, Wilson doesn't even feel like a canon, or a special character. There is no special scene, there is no special "choice". Everything you do in the end is mandatory. The ending was very disappointing for me as a big DS player, but I hope that post content will solve all and explore the ending further...Most vague ending ever, no backstory, you don't learn anything new, and the ending doesn't make you wonder about post content stuff either, it didn't feel worth it to play through all of that just for this small vague ending!If you are playing DS adventure mode just to experience the ending, stop playing, otherwise you will end up like me with this disappointing ending and all this playtime *9-11 hours to get through adventure mode...*Just spare yourself that pain, and look up the ending on youtube!Then hope post content will fix all that and perhaps tie up on the questions you had and still have before and after watching the end.
Edited by CrazyGamerzPC

• Developer

A boon is a thing that is helpful or beneficial.

Our boons usually take the form of piles of bones. It's... kind of confusing.

- - - Updated - - -

No poster for this patch? :boxing:

There's a poster. It's really really long. We'll post it on monday.

A boon is a thing that is helpful or beneficial.Our boons usually take the form of piles of bones. It's... kind of confusing.

The first time I saw it I was gonna report it as a typo and then I realized what it meant. xD Actually, while we're on that, why are Gobblers listed as Perd in the customization menu?

They were originally called Perds.. for... uh... "pig bird".The mouseover text uses the internal names for stuff. We should translate it into human.

Ah, gotcha. I figured it was using the internal names. It's understandable, but might be a bit confusing for new players.