We're Live!

So you're like playing Don't Starve across three monitors?

Does sound like the HUD is based on width rather than height.

Indeed, and it is fantastic on 3 screens. It's actually the only game I've enjoyed on 3 screens, prior to this I've only tried FPS games at that resolution, and it's really not that great.

Kevin has already replied to my post in the bug forum and he has provided a working fix for me!

It's amazing to see how far Don't Starve has came. There are still so many things that Klei should tweak to make better. They should also make modding better and more improved, the same goes for Custom Maps so the player could have more control in-game editing because of how a current custom map will have to be randomly generated and in-game customized using survival techniques or by editing the world files. There should be something like a Creative mode for those who would like to make a Custom Map in the quickest and most efficent way possible. There should also be an alter with how all characters should be locked. They should also change the XP system where maybe one or two charcters could be unlocked this way, but should mainly be used to unlock other features such as modifiers and such. The final two thing that I think that Klei should add that would make me feel like the game would be complete is to have the at least ten characters available (all they need to do is put the charcters in the game in a specific way; for example, Webber should be unlocked by killing your first Spider Queen and Wortox should be unlocked by killing Krampus).

CONGRATULATIONS KLEI!!!it has been and exciting and thrilling experience playing this wonderful piece of art :Dwhen do we get the caves :D!!!!!!!??also congrats to everyone in the forums, mufasa is happy to have such reliable amount of players who like to share their artwork, suggestions, and experiences!!i hope to still be part of this amazing community and until next update HAVE FUN "DIGGING"!!

Its been an amazing experience going through the beta with all the updates and changes keeping the game fresh and exciting. Cant wait to see what the future holds. Congratulations Klei on making a fantastic game

I would like to congratulate everybody at Klei for making one of the most expertly crafted games I've ever had the chance to play. I bought it 2 times for a total of 4 copies for some of my friends, they loved it. And this is only the beginning, thank you everybody at Klei! It was a awesome beta, and I'm looking forward to the awesome release.

I had a great big smile as I watched the video. Thank you so much for such a memorable experience, I can't recall the last time I'd had so much fun. It has been amazing to see this game change and grow and mature and become what it is today. A fantastic job, Klei!:wilsoalmostangelic::wilson_evil::wilson_love:

Well, I was going to post a report for the beta, but I could never find the time for a proper game these past few days. Still thanks to everyone who took the trouble to give feedback, and to the Klei crew of course, for working together in creating a great game. I've only been playing since the Winter update, but I love the game, even if it's rather harsh on me.I used to have trouble running the game in fullscreen (overscan issues) and at full 1080 res without a big FPS drop, with which the "refresh rate" option would not help at all. Everything good now though, set it to 60, and it's all smooth and correctly displayed. I trusted Klei wouldn't leave such basic flaws in there for official release. I'm so glad I was right.So, there, thank you thank you! I wish I'd participated more in the past few weeks but all of you have been doing a great job anyway.Oh, is there by any chance a hotkey for ingame HUD size switching?EDIT: Oh yeah and I'm also curious about those badges you guys mention. Did I miss an opportunity to own a shiny thing by not participating in beta or something?Me likey shiney..

Bug fixes / Tuning

Too many to list! Basically, we’ve fixed all of the bugs that we know of that would have prevented us from shipping. As with every game, there are will always be some bugs that we miss, but there shouldn’t be anything too terrible that prevents players from enjoying themselves. As usual, let us know if you find any!

Really... how can you say that ? You are well aware of problem with Windows XP and it's not fixed.

If you dont want to fix this, why don't you remove Windows XP in the minimal system requirements ?

I know this has been said many, many times beforehand in this thread, but oh well. This game has been absolutely fantastic throughout the time it's been in beta, and it's a saddening, yet amazing thing that it's coming to an end. On the bright side, we still get another 6 months of updates! Looking forward to it, guys.

Guys, I just crashed with an error on something that never happened to me. I was putting a stack of grass tuft into a chest when I crashed with this error :*edit* ha it seems I cannot post it. trying again. Won't work. Okay I'll type it :/WARNING !...on/dont_starve/data/scripts/components/inventory.lua:368:ash in inventory is lacking inventoryitem component LUA ERROR stack traceback:=[C] in function 'assert'C:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/components/inventory.lua(368,1) in function 'GiveActiveItem'C:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/common.lua(78,1) in function "HandleContainerUIClickC:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/containerwidget.lua(121,1) in function "ClickInvSlot'C:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/containerwidget.lua(77,1) in function 'domousedown'C:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widget.lua(195,1) in function 'OnMouseDown'C:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widget.lua(202,1) in function 'OnMouseDown'C:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widget.lua(18,1) in function 'fn'

Edited by Lilandrea

I know this has been said many, many times beforehand in this thread, but oh well. This game has been absolutely fantastic throughout the time it's been in beta, and it's a saddening, yet amazing thing that it's coming to an end. On the bright side, we still get another 6 months of updates! Looking forward to it, guys.

#Welcome to the forums, enjoy the game

totally stupid question :(how do i start adventure mode ? when i start the game i hit new game .. then there are the optionschange char / customize world / start / cancelwhen i hit start the game starts and the savegame says survivalis adventure now the standard mode ? --------------btw i dont like the new " everything in one pot" custom screenits cooler with tabs for world / monsterns / etc

Edited by meonfire