We're Live!

My point of view about the ending, after finishing it for a second time (trying to keep it ambiguous as I can even with spoiler tags):More details on the ending itself:

It was enjoyable and I can understand that there could still be more to learn behind the scenes. I have this weird feeling that Maxwell is not so much a demon now but another person from another time. A reflection of what Wilson is and what he used to be. It was probably Maxwell’s greedy ambition for wealth and power that caused his downfall. I get that from his complete lack of empathy compared to Wilson; who actually has a bit higher standard of ethics (believe it or not). The question is who was there before Maxwell? Plus who is really in control? The ending left me in the same state I was after playing Half Life 2 (or the original, even though the sequel left more to be desired) for the first time.
................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
I do believe Maxwell was a scientist himself and created this world of his, then failed. He knows his experiment gone wrong but won't clearly admit it and act like he's in control of everything by the very end. Because the truth is so bad he won't even admit to himself. As you said he's much like Wilson, he even says "we are not different, you and I". He is not a demon and don't think he ever was. He had a different life before (examining gold he says "it was once important to me" and a prof of him creating the world (all my puppets, are they still watching?) (tallbird: it was a failed experiment).

Yeah, it does make sense overall to what you are saying. Have no idea why anything JJ Abrams has done before would pop into to my head after reading what you posted. Considering some of his work has completely hit the wall when it comes to closure. Personally Don’t Starve ending is a hundred times better then Lost’s “ending.”

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I do believe Maxwell was a scientist himself and created this world of his, then failed. He knows his experiment gone wrong but won't clearly admit it and act like he's in control of everything by the very end. Because the truth is so bad he won't even admit to himself. As you said he's much like Wilson, he even says "we are not different, you and I". He is not a demon and don't think he ever was. He had a different life before (examining gold he says "it was once important to me" and a prof of him creating the world (all my puppets, are they still watching?) (tallbird: it was a failed experiment).

I've been thinking he was a scientist as well ever since I've read his speech text. For example, when you examine a science machine, he says "I can't believe I forgot how to make these things", and for Shadow Manipulators, he says "This is where I do my own personal research." Maxwell probably knows more about science than Wilson does. He even knew about the forbidden knowledge before Wilson did.

I've been thinking he was a scientist as well ever since I've read his speech text. For example, when you examine a science machine, he says "I can't believe I forgot how to make these things", and for Shadow Manipulators, he says "This is where I do my own personal research." Maxwell probably knows more about science than Wilson does. He even knew about the forbidden knowledge before Wilson did.

No wonder he is.

hi ho :) quick question about the retry buttonearlier in development when you hit retry you started on the same map @ the same spotso you were able to get around quickly when you played the map a few timesnow i started a new map hit retry and dont know i start somewhere elseso the question is ... is this the same map with just another spawn location or do you get a new map every time ?

Edited by meonfire

hi ho :) quick question about the retry buttonearlier in development when you hit retry you started on the same map @ the same spotso you were able to get around quickly when you played the map a few timesnow i started a new map hit retry and dont know i start somewhere elseso the question is ... is this the same map with just another spawn location or do you get a new map every time ?

New map every time.

Thank you Klei for all the hard work you all put into this game and will continue to put into it. For me the game is just amazing and even that word isn't strong enough for me to express how much i love this game.I enjoy it more than i can express. Again Thank You from the bottom of my heart.A FAN FOREVER!