Wickerbottom Refresh Beta Open!

5 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

Are you saying this is a good and efficient way to use my time to prolong my rains by using telelocator staffs? I'm not speaking of the method, I'm speaking of what could make my time to be spent efficiently and less annoying without burning through resources each time I do such a task so I could do other tasks. 
Your point is that you can just do that but that's a bad point and bad idea cause of all the cons I've just said. It's nonsense and unnecessary.

You made a point that rain summoning items are locked behind character which is false but now you are changing the topic to the cost and efficiency of the items that supposedly does not exist. Pick a struggle :D 

• Like 1
  • Sanity 1

17 minutes ago, Captain_Rage said:

Noo, don't let the player alter the moon cycles merely by crafting and reading a book. That is a big blow on immersion. >_> The moon shouldn't be easily influenced.

Perhaps the grimoire should spawn a couple of greater gestalts that try to attack Wickerbottom for manipulating the moon :lol: i think that would be a neat immersion element actually. 

Wickerbottom has always been the survivor who’s able to manipulate the constant the most so its not exactly a new phenomenon. And who knows, maybe her animated short will justify her new found powers lorewise.

At the same time i obviously wouldnt mind if the grimoire didnt reset the moon cycle and just caused a temporary full moon for that night only. Since i do agree its a lil odd

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2
  • Sanity 2
  • Big Ups 1

WHAT ARE THESE WORTOX CHANGES???

Klei... You unleashed now my true potential... Finally... I can became a god.

Thanks for the beta, I really wish these Wortox changes go foward!

Edited by Chubbylicious
English corrections
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, zobm said:

op != fun to play

My point is I wish Wortox was more useful in solo, as he is a fun character, but even with easy teleports, he still won't replace the big three for me. I don't think all characters need to be meta for solo play, so that's fine, but I don't think he's OP in any sort of game-breaking way.

Edited by cybers2001
  • Like 4

I just tried the new Wortox soul teleport, that is REALLY handy. The soul it uses seems balanced (basically 20 souls for the whole map), and it also works in caves. Thank you Klei

Edited by b l a n k
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Horticulture should trigger wormwood blossom.

If its not too late, i'd love to see more additions like this for the books, would fit since this is a multiplayer game and it would be fun to be able to help other players with some unique book and character interactions.

4 minutes ago, Pedrolar27 said:

Every day it hurts more to be main woodie

the last few updates have hit Woodie hard, and now full moons can be a constant occurrence by like the time you get that book :(

• Sad Dupe 1

6 hours ago, Scrimbles said:

So... wait, all Wicker got was more books?

The problem with Wicker was that she had no interesting mechanics to herself, she had craftable books sure, but they never felt core to her character.

This is like, the exact joke scenario I have been talking about for months.

yeah i was really hoping they added book meter

im happy with the wortox changes as someone who uses a controller a lot this will make the character more fun for me to play the tp across the map  is one im looking forward to as it gives me a chance to not play wanda for a bit and still feel happy knowing if i need to get glommer i can easily do it from a distance ad not haft to go about 20 days wafting for a full moon again the extra hunger was needed to as it felt a bit low the changes to wicker seam fun to and can no wait to see al the farming possibilities i can use her for now 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

After careful consideration of all her new books... I have to agree she still seems kind of bland. Lmao :lol:

Kind of a step backwards from what I saw with the Wx-78 rework.

(No meters please)

I would have liked to see something more akin to Scribblenauts. Where you have one book and writing it makes things happen. So her perks feel less detached from herself. 

I agree, she just feels like a requirement in order to use new spells. I wish the character herself got some gameplay changes too.

• Like 1