Wickerbottom Refresh Beta Open!

3 minutes ago, Ohan said:

I love how reading the light shaft books in the caves creates an earth quake, really awesome attention to detail. 

As one of only like 5 (if even that) wicker mains on the forums lol im really happy with this refresh, all things considered. 

Best refresh menu animation ever. My queen…So cool. 

looking forward to her refresh skinset. It better include a skin for her book cabinet! 

Wicker is S tier because she can bypass the magic tier 1 station and craft Wormwood a bat bat (also, night armor and darksword).

Alone I still think she's a bit meh, but in a group she is so awesome.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

if you base in the oasis you wont suffer from moonstorms and the utility of that book shines in early to have access to more glommers, farm were pigs on demand, have light for boss fights, make woodie transformation last longer, etc

after CC you rather activate the storm so you forget about the book or have enough star callers, krampus sacks, etc  so you dont need full moons outside of niche things or being lazy to care about having light sources

I mean, the book is two papyrus and two moon rocks, that's kinda cheap. Also I guess in that case the oasis is the only base option now?

Also "access to more glommers" just sounds like encouraged glommer abuse...
Excuse me while I go be depressed now... I was literally only replying to someone's concern for Woodie...

4 minutes ago, Faintly Macabre said:

Strongly feel that Maxwell should be barred from using some or all of these new books.

Yeah i was thinking this too tbh lol. With the book cabinet slowly refreshing the books too u wont even need to portal swap to craft new ones as max once u make a bunch.  

i wont lose too much sleep over it though *shrug*. 

Edited by Ohan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Terra B Welch said:

I mean, the book is two papyrus and two moon rocks, that's kinda cheap. Also I guess in that case the oasis is the only base option now?

it is if you plan to have moonstorms 24/7

1 minute ago, Terra B Welch said:

Also "access to more glommers" just sounds like encouraged glommer abuse...
Excuse me while I go be depressed now... I was literally only replying to someone's concern for Woodie...

catcoons, pigs and glommer are 0s and 1s...

5 minutes ago, skile said:

it does that? 

amazing. 

Yep. It restore's the book's durability over time. The only reason I specified 2-3 books is because I don't know the exact rate, but regardless, Wickerbottom can just make night completely irrelevant with little investment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ohan said:

Yeah i was thinking this too tbh lol. With the book cabinet slowly refreshing the books too u wont even need to portal swap to craft new ones as max once u make a bunch.  

This is not a good idea. Maxwell is not very strong as it stands, so we may as well let Maxwell ride on Wickerbottom's coattails right now.

When his rework hits, maybe we can rethink his ability being able to read Wicker's books.

• Like 7

From testing walter, woby can take one source of damage that is <40 (not including 40, so a bunnyman attack will cause woby to buck) once every 4 seconds without bucking walter. Good for resisting a jumping warrior spider, spitter spider or a shadow spelumonkey attack.

Woby WON'T resist a shot from a bishop tho, so still got to watch out in ruins for the 360 no-scoping bishops sadly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Theukon-dos said:

Yep. It restore's the book's durability over time. The only reason I specified 2-3 books is because I don't know the exact rate, but regardless, Wickerbottom can just make night completely irrelevant with little investment.

this seems pretty good. 

although now i feel like the cost of some books is a bit cheap. 

Just now, ssbb said:

This is not a good idea. Maxwell is not very strong as it stands, so we may as well let Maxwell ride on Wickerbottom's coattails right now.

When his rework hits, maybe we can rethink his ability being able to read Wicker's books.

On the contrary: it's exactly because Maxwell needs reworking that this should be done. If you let him use all these books for a while and then take it away from him, that will just make everybody even more angry, and if you don't, it will either heavily impact the rest of his rework or just completely invalidate Wicker. Wicker's rework should not be Maxwell's rework. 

• Like 2
  • Big Ups 2

2 hours ago, zobm said:

nah, he is one of the strongest support characters

and he will be even stronger now

Oh yeah, much op, I can't wait to continue to only play Wolfgang, Wanda, and WX.

Edited by cybers2001
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sanity 1

5 minutes ago, cybers2001 said:

Oh yeah, much OP, I can't wait to continue to only play Wolfgang, Wanda, and WX.

Wolfgang ain't so tough, is he? Not very cool since he needs to lift weights to stay normal. Wes is TOTALLY a more powerful character, both reworks considered.

Edited by h2mk

12 minutes ago, Ohan said:

Yeah i was thinking this too tbh lol. With the book cabinet slowly refreshing the books too u wont even need to portal swap to craft new ones as max. 

It heals the books?! Wait, that's huge. That changes my perspective on everything lmao.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Faintly Macabre said:

On the contrary: it's exactly because Maxwell needs reworking that this should be done. If you let him use all these books for a while and then take it away from him, that will just make everybody even more angry, and if you don't, it will either heavily impact the rest of his rework or just completely invalidate Wicker. Wicker's rework should not be Maxwell's rework. 

It certainly does not invalidate Wicker. Having 50 more health is enormous, and Maxwell’s gathering ability is not so strong that it incentivizes players to definitely swap as Maxwell right after they make an enormous library.

What will likely happen is Klei will make such an excellent Maxwell rework that, even if they take his ability to read Wicker’s books away, the players will not only tolerate, but also understand that the change needed to happen.

Edited by ssbb
  • Like 1

• Wortox will gain a small amount of sanity for being healed by a soul.

Klei, no, please! Controlling Wortox's sanity is the challenge of playing him, as far as his main downside... Wortox already fills hunger/full life all the time, now it will fulfil sanity too. Imagine if Wigfrid fighting, in addition to raising sanity/health, also raised hunger

Edited by Castiliano
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, HowlVoid said:

Thanks, I didn't know about her nearby bonus. What's the cost of the bookcase? 

unknown.png

Annoying, but pretty cheap overall, given that you only need 1.

Just now, Castiliano said:

Klei, no, please! Controlling Wortox's sanity is the challenge of playing him, as far as his main downside...

He gains 2 sanity per soul lmao. I'm not even sure why they bothered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, HowlVoid said:

Thanks, I didn't know about her nearby bonus. What's the cost of the bookcase? 

4 boards, 6(?) gold, 4 paper and 1 feathered pencil (you're going to make bookcase in any case though, as it also doubles as a crafting station for new books and in general a good storage for books(it also can store paper)) 

• Thanks 1

Just now, HowlVoid said:

It heals the books?! Wait, that's huge. That changes my perspective on everything lmao.

Yes, veryyy slowly though. I was typing up how idk the exact numbers and then lakhnish posted them :lol:

You’ll still need to craft several of the same books if u want to use them in quick succession like with krapus farming etc. Its a really good qol thing for late game though when u have cabinets full of books.

Definitely lessens her hunger for reeds, kind of ironic after the addition of monkey tails lol. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Castiliano said:

Klei, no, please! Controlling Wortox's sanity is the challenge of playing him, as far as his main downside...

and makes no sense to feel guilty by getting souls but also getting sanity when wasting them

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Bookcase - books stored inside have their durability increased by 1% every 30 seconds, 1% more for each wickerbottom present in 3 tiles radius
Horticulture, Expanded - plants limit increased to 15, it also has delayed start, tends and adds a bit of nutrients, -50 sanity for wurt
Silviculture - has bonus effect: can put to sleep treegaurds, has cool new visual effect
The Angler's Survival Guide -  spaws few fish schools in nearby water, +50 sanity for wurt
Pyrokinetics Explained - extinguishes fires in 3 tiles radius, gives fiery pen that acts like fire staff, durabilty depends on amount of fires extinguished, can be increased by extinguisihng more fires with book, -33 sanity for wurt
Overcoming Arachnophobia - spawns a spider web under your feet that slows down enemies for 30 seconds, -33 sanity for wurt
Tempering Temperatures - sets body temperature of players within 4 tiles radius to 35 degrees, dries off players and items in inventory, makes you waterproof until you log out or change shard + 33 sanity for wurt
Lux Aeterna - spawns a beam of light about 3 tile radius that stays there for half a day, causes eartquake if in cave, +33 for wurt
Lux Aeterna Redux - same as above but beam stays for 2 days, +50 for wurt
Practical Rain Rituals - starts rain if its not raining, stops rain if it is raining, if youre standing on farm soil while reading it gets imminently saturated with water, +33 for wurt
Lunar Grimoire - makes full moon to be on the next night, -33 for wurt
Apicultural Notes - summons 3 grumble bees to fight for you until theyre dead, -33 for wurt
The Everything Encyclopedia - players in 4 tiles radius are able to craft items from higher tier science (does not work for things like pseduoscience station or moon altar), +33 for wurt

Edited by Parusoid
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 5
  • Sanity 1
  • Big Ups 1

1 minute ago, Theukon-dos said:

unknown.png

Annoying, but pretty cheap overall, given that you only need 1.

He gains 2 sanity per soul lmao. I'm not even sure why they bothered.

i think it clarifies something lore wise