Wickerbottom Refresh Beta Open!

• Klaus will now step over the Loot Stash.

OK but like - Wanda *needs* protection from his spells then.  I get its cheese that she can just whip him while he's blocked by his sack, but if he casts *any* spells that is a lot of auto-damage that she can't rightly mitigate.

Edited by Shosuko
  • Hunger 1
  • Big Ups 1

3 hours ago, Shosuko said:

OK but like - Wanda *needs* protection from his spells then.  I get its cheese that she can just whip him while he's blocked by his sack, but if he casts *any* spells that is a lot of auto-damage that she can't rightly mitigate.

just... run? I mean, I'm moderately horrible at kiting and get a whipping from Klaus on any other character, but managed to kill him without knowing what to expect and without using any cheese playing Wanda, not taking even the slightest bit of damage. his elemental attacks are ridiculously easy to dodge.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

if I may have a suggestion: give Wurt a 10%-15% chance to trigger the spell when reading Wickerbottom's books. Maybe the chance to be biased on the sanity effect: books that make her lose sanity to have a lower trigger chance than the ones that increase sanity

this makes sense taking in consider that she actually reads the books

• Like 1

Wait why is everyone reacting to that with laugh emotes? I was being 100% serious- you can see from that image that hugging the Catcoon visibly gives Wickerbottom comfort, (the grumpy old librarian is actually smiling for once!) since Wickerbottom can’t sleep & players can’t restore health/sanity through sleeping: Wickerbottom could instead befriend Catcoons, maybe even get her very own exclusive animation to pick one up for a “cuddle” Which would restore Sanity & maybe Sooth Wickers bitter pains?

(I mean just punching butterflies all day restores HP so a cute Catcoon Cuddle every so often won’t hurt anything..)

I want the character to feel unique beyond just the books she carry’s around.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sanity 1
  • Wavey 1

Such an awesome update! And that is exactly at the time that I whanted to start playing her :D 

Also I noticed that you can't get gifts in the Wickerbottom's cabinet, so I crafted the science machine only to get gifts lol

• Like 1

On 7/21/2022 at 3:50 AM, Mike23Ua said:

Wait why is everyone reacting to that with laugh emotes? I was being 100% serious- you can see from that image that hugging the Catcoon visibly gives Wickerbottom comfort, (the grumpy old librarian is actually smiling for once!) since Wickerbottom can’t sleep & players can’t restore health/sanity through sleeping: Wickerbottom could instead befriend Catcoons

Let her crawl inside Hollow Stumps for massive sanity boost similarly to Webber sleeping in Spider Dens :D

image.thumb.png.5adc3df26dc760f770fcf76232e33fa8.png

• Haha 8

On 7/14/2022 at 11:17 PM, Ohan said:

whatever u do klei do not backtrack on the rain or full moon books please lol.

0 backbone as always 

• Like 3

Except that time they removed Wolfgang's speed boost and tons of people wanted it back, but they did not change their minds, because he doesn't need double damage and a 25% speed boost, But you know, no backbone and all that jazz. 

• Like 1