Wickerbottom Refresh Beta Open!

14 minutes ago, splorange said:

1. woodie continues to suffer from constant full moons, he used to only suffer during late game in which moonstorms were active but now they can be early game and unpredictable. woodie really *really* needs a way to reliably deal with full moons with how often they appear compared to the past

What if the Lunar Grimoire required the upgraded celestial orb for her to craft but otherwise kept the same recipe? At least then it would be locked behind CC, which to me would make sense for a book that literally summons full moons on demand.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Terra B Welch said:

What if the Lunar Grimoire required the upgraded celestial orb for her to craft but otherwise kept the same recipe? At least then it would be locked behind CC, which to me would make sense for a book that literally summons full moons on demand.

then would be way less useful. Why would craft it when you can have full moons for free

• Like 2

So far I am in love with this refresh, it's all I've wanted for Wickerbottom.

More interesting books,

Full immunity to sleeping,

And a way to keep her books infinite!

Great job Klei!

Although so far, Mandrakes still make her fall asleep upon cooking/eating.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Terra B Welch said:

from it's examination quote it seems to be related to archives, so maybe lock it behind them?

I looked through the books and their powers. While the new abilities are cool, I found the crafting cost a bit too cheap. Like 2 moon rocks for the full moon book. Isn't that too little? So it feels like I'm not playing an actual character, but rather a walking cheat console. Besides, rain and full moon being so cheap isn't a good idea because griefers may easily abuse them to annoy Woodie and WX. 

Besides, remove autotarget from friendly grumble bees. There is another issue of them becoming aggressive when you log out and come back. 

Edited by maxwell_winters

3 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

then would be way less useful. Why would craft it when you can have full moons for free

I feel the other way around, why have the threat of moonstorms when you can spam wicker's moon book.

Edited by Terra B Welch
  • Thanks 1

I feel the other way around, why have the threat of moonstorms when you can spam wicker's moon book.

Because the book requires one of your 15 inventory slots, requires you to go somewhere every few days to replace it, and requires materials. 

• Like 1

if you base in the oasis you wont suffer from moonstorms and the utility of that book shines in early to have access to more glommers, farm were pigs on demand, have light for boss fights, make woodie transformation last longer, etc

after CC you rather activate the storm so you forget about the book or have enough star callers, krampus sacks, etc  so you dont need full moons outside of niche things or being lazy to care about having light sources

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, splorange said:

2. having the first item that can summon rain be exclusive to wicker kinda sucks, the presence of rain is very important in a lot of situations and having control over it being locked behind wicker feels bad. maybe a new rain flute item? idk

Can't you use the telelocater staff to start rain already? I guess you can't stop the rain but imo stopping the rain isn't nearly as important as starting it - that capability already exists. (on top of trapping an angry mossling and forcing it to lightning). 

1 minute ago, PetulantPansy said:

Can't you use the telelocater staff to start rain already? I guess you can't stop the rain but imo stopping the rain isn't nearly as important as starting it - that capability already exists. (on top of trapping an angry mossling and forcing it to lightning). 

The cost of keeping the rain going with tele sticks is huge. It's incredibly annoying and not really worth the trouble.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, HugoM said:

Walter will no longer be knocked off of Woby if the damage taken is light.

• Too many light hits received in a short period of time will knock Walter off of Woby.

This right here is the stuff of dreams thanks alot!

1 hour ago, HugoM said:

Walter will no longer draw the attention of nearby monsters when attacking with Poop Pellets.

Really love this change as well but could freeze, slowdown, and cursed rounds also get another look?

• Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 1

5 minutes ago, Castiliano said:

Klei, Wortox has a history with the Krampus. Please think of something involving this! Higher evil rate and higher chance of calling Krampus? :wilson_lightbulb:

eating souls spawns krampus lmao

• Wavey 1

23 minutes ago, Dragonboooorn said:

So uh it seems this "rework" has in store only new books...

I guess I'll just craft as much as I need em books and just switch to Maxwell. 

Sorry, but this update does not make me wanna play her unlike WX78 and Wolfgang updates

Each survivor has their own appeal. 

If everything in the beta sticks, wicker will be the only survivor to have the ability to have loyal fighters any time of the day without also suffering the penalties of being a monster. I wouldn't take that lightly as she would now have serious fighting capabilities on top of these other more niche powers.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Really love this change as well but could freeze, slowdown, and cursed rounds also get another look?

Forum users when Walter's slingshot does not oneshot all enemies and he can not propel himself out of it to fast travel. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Scrimbles said:

So... wait, all Wicker got was more books?

The problem with Wicker was that she had no interesting mechanics to herself, she had craftable books sure, but they never felt core to her character.

This is like, the exact joke scenario I have been talking about for months.

If the books are more useful in day to day gameplay I feel like it's the perfect way to expand on her in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Cheggf said:

Forum users when Walter's slingshot does not oneshot all enemies and he can not propel himself out of it to fast travel. 

Let me ask you this why did you assume i wanted a damage increase?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I love how reading the light shaft books in the caves creates an earth quake, really awesome attention to detail. 

As one of only like 5 (if even that) wicker mains on the forums lol im really happy with this refresh, all things considered. 

1 hour ago, HowlVoid said:

dst_menu_wickerbottom.thumb.gif.1b96cf48c0c7cb46e0fa494a102ea817.thumb.gif.e7ba7dc14013520b8c914a19eb4c0011.gif

Best refresh menu animation ever. My queen…So cool. 

looking forward to her refresh skinset. It better include a skin for her book cabinet! 

• Like 1
  • Sanity 1
  • GL Happy 1

15 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Because the book requires one of your 15 inventory slots, requires you to go somewhere every few days to replace it, and requires materials. 

Or you could make 2-3 books and just put them back into the bookcase after each use to repair them for free.