Wickerbottom Refresh Beta Open!

5 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

He gains 2 sanity per soul lmao. I'm not even sure why they bothered.

Maybe Klei wanted to remove the sanity penalty when he overloads. If true, you can kill a bunch of small mobs without having to pay attention to your soul count (which would be a nice qol change). 

• Sad 1

I'm so excited for these changes! And I love the fact that you're tweaking other characters as well even though it's Wickers rework!

Can't wait to see how this turns out when everyone is reworked and I'm glad I've been along for the journey :)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

The Everything Encyclopedia - players in 4 tiles radius are able to craft items from higher tier science (does not work for things like pseduoscience station or moon altar), +33 for wurt

This is actually so useful in public servers for helping new spawns, wicker is definitely the mother goose of the roster by helping care for the noobies :wilson_love:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Frashaw27 said:

He feels relieved that the souls are no longer in his hands and are not in his stomach

I see where he's going with this though! Had Wortox not interacted at all the soul would have been okay all the same 

13 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

Omg so many of the books are even more awesome than i thought :lol: 

i love the details of silviculture pacifying tree guards and rain book saturating the farm soil ur standing on! Thanks for giving us all the numbers! 

i love this refresh a lot! Gonna be torn when it releases cuz i wont have much time to play :cry:

Edited by Ohan

so hort expanded just gives +5 plants to grow..? that's it? i'd like it to be 10 or 15 of each food base plant (aka 10/15 crops, 10/15 berries, 10/15 bananas and so on) you keep it balanced but remniscent to her old book

Edited by Pep61
  • Like 1

Just now, Copyafriend said:

Can someone tel me what all the books can so? Im away from my computer atm

You missed that post a few pages back.. but yikes wicker seems like the ultimate trolling character now… she can make Woodie, WX78, anyone in caves, and Walters lives miserable..

In fact I kinda want to play PVP as her just so I can summon grumble bees to assault Walter.

• Wavey 1

3 minutes ago, Copyafriend said:

Can someone tel me what all the books can so? Im away from my computer atm

Fish book summons fish (good)
Pyrokinetics eliminates fire around you (also gives you fiery pen that acts like fire staff, and it gives you more % of it if you extinguish more things(1 use per extinguished thing, up to 10))
Overcoming arachnophobia spawns web that slows down things
Tempering temperatures makes your temperature average (35)
Lux aeterna summons light on you Practical rain rituals turns on/off rain (depends on if rain is active or not)
Lunar grimoire makes it fullmoon
Apicultural notes summons 3 friendly grumble bees
The everything encyclopedia gives you all alchemy engine recipes to oyu and any player in a 4 tile radius  (magic not included) Horticulture expanded (grows 15 food based plants/crops nearby)
Lux aeterna redux summons BIGGER LIGHT

Edited by Pep61
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I mean, I guess she has more books and life sounds somewhat more convenient as a powerfarmer character but doesn't seem like there's much else to her kit. At least I'd enjoy if other characters could read the basic books like the rain ritual and encyclopedia. The only thing that I feel sad about is that creating rain for summer is locked behind her. To be honest it's a bit unfair but I hope eventually we'll have better transportation and non character based rain items we could use to not do that. At least I guess Maxwell can use these.

The recharge while in the bookcase is a nice addition, considering the pain of crafting many of the books over and over again. Especially with the seed costs of growth books.

I dunno, might be more fun to play Wicker now but I'll likely still play other characters unless I very much need her just for the rain or something.

• Like 1

Already seeing something here that will get annoying - Wicker not being able to sleep even by lunar shrooms means she gets completely locked out of ever getting presentson Winter's Feast, which as a Wicker main I find a bummer. Best to overthink this specific scenario until Christmas^^

Love the rework.

I guess that I consider a rework well made when it makes me wanna play with that character. This is what I'm feeling about Wicker's rework.

It also conforms with what you guys want for every character: make them more unique. Awesome work!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Frosty_Mentos said:

Now count how many purple gems, living logs, nightmare fuel, sanity and time you waste to go through whole summer by making it rain, sir. ;)
Hint: Way too damn many.

my point still stands, just because the cost is high does not mean that non character based items for summoning rain do not exist

Edited by Parusoid
  • Sanity 1

5 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

my point still stands, just because the cost is high does not mean that non character based items for summoning rain do not exist

Are you saying this is a good and efficient way to use my time to prolong my rains by using telelocator staffs? I'm not speaking of the method, I'm speaking of what could make my time to be spent efficiently and less annoying without burning through resources each time I do such a task so I could do other tasks. 
Your point is that you can just do that but that's a bad point and bad idea cause of all the cons I've just said. It's nonsense and unnecessary.