WX-78 Refresh Beta Open!

8 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

in exchange for being able to eat spoiled food

in exchange of winter inmunity and speed in multiplayer and ignoring stats by just munching gears which are a not used resource in servers where the ruins are reseted

not fun and not see in every server but neither as you describe for convenience

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Canis said:

This was actually interesting when I tested this in-game. Instead of turning clockworks docile, they instead tolerate WX's presence more than other characters. They aggro after about 5-ish seconds of standing in their face.

It’s actually a bit more useful then that! In addition to that, it also cuts the range at which clockworks will aggro onto a player by ~50-66%. While this doesn’t sound like a huge perk, it’s actually incredibly helpful for the ruins, as the reduced aggro range works there too (on top of the night vision ability giving you much more awareness of your surroundings).

Here’s a couple of images of me using their perks for the 8 ancient statue area and showing how close I can get without being attacked. I practically can loot the entire place without issue other then the 2 broken clockworks next to them and potentially the ancient statue close to one of them.938523E5-3EC6-4023-9B65-6F66F11F03E0.thumb.png.dbb5df6aafe3feb50baa1dd785fa290b.png2F05109F-92C4-4CBF-BBE5-F59BE82C127A.png.3b511e783503780a8b2763c8bbbd4fe2.png

Edited by Maxil20
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

balance suggestion:

make the moggles circuit be 5/6 pins, while making the illumination one be 4/6 pins

basically swap pins

image.png.45492adafc1eb96f1e1579a8cf582116.png

why is the literal small-ish light illumination circuit for some reason MORE pins than moggles circuit?

it makes no sense, one is clearly better than the other

Edited by loopuleasa
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HowlVoid said:

Wx-78 is officially better than Wormwood. 

Welp, I'm switching mains.

He can stack 3 electric reflects for 180 dmg in rain. That's a nice dump on the bramble husk, huh? 

I kept begging for Klei to buff Wormwood only to be met with

"Wormwood is a farmer"

"So what you want to make him a jack of all trades?"

"Lol he already got reworked"

"Wormwood has speed"

Sigh, well we at least still have, uh, darkswords right? :roll: 

It is so sad! Wormwood is so cute but his perks are absolutely horrible compared to the newest reworks :(

Btw, WX got such an amazing rework! Thank you Klei!!!

Also...#PlzBuffWormwood

• Big Ups 3

3 hours ago, jtubio88 said:

Does wx still got the overload state?

Tried it

It no longer does

2 minutes ago, Blue Moth said:

I'm not sure if anyone's asked this already but does anything still happen when they get struck by lightning?

You get 1 charge of the battery meter

• Like 1

I was so excited for the WX rework until I found out eating Gears no longer give any upgrades (they just give you normal food fill-ups, and with so much food in DST, eating gears for stat-fill-ups* doesn't make a difference). Please don't remove gear upgrades, there are better ways to go about gears and upgrades.

The rework idea is very interesting and I like it a lot. It is definitely better than the boring "overcharge" we'd get a few times in spring, but these changes didn't need to take away the stat boosts you'd get from gears. It feels like old WX could have everything with gear upgrades + the yearly overcharge. But now the New WX is forced to make a choice between certain buffs, and you can never be as strong as old WX, which feels very underwhelming and like a massive nerf.

These changes are still in beta so I really hope Klei changes how WX works with gears. The best suggestion combined with the rework would be; Eating gears would give more circuit "plug-in slots". As of now you're stuck at 6 slots, but maybe make WX start off with 2, and slowly be able to upgrade to 15 (say eating 1 gear gives 1 slot) ~ note, the numbers are "suggestions" and i don't know much about balancing but it gets the point across ~. Make a max cap on how many circuit modules of the same type you can plug in (for example I'm aware you can get up to 600hp now; so with this suggestion make WX only be able to plug enough circuits up to that amount, and not be able to take any more of the same module. Make it up to 400hp like they were before for whatever balance reasons, just please don't remove the gear upgrades).

An alternate much simple suggestion would be retaining the old eating gear stat upgrades, meanwhile the "stats" circuits would give much less. With gears WX could upgrade to 400hp, so make the max "health circuits" give a bonus of 200hp (which will still add up to the 600hp for the players that want it) instead of giving the new 450hp with the current maxed health circuits.

Edited by Shelleg3s
clarity fix
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Just-guy said:

Probably because it seems more helpful for multiple players.

If multiple people are able to successfully huddle around WX's light without issue then they would be much better off just placing a campfire. Trying to follow someone else's light is not particularly useful. Maybe useful in a few niche situations but overall far, far, far worse than moggles.

There's a reason a torch and lantern are so easy to craft and refill while moggles so difficult for both.

• Like 4

I can’t be in the beta for obvious reasons but I would like to still suggest things: Now that WX can pull components out of itself and replace fuses perhaps it can also be given a bit more Team utility? By allowing the removal of Gears & Electric Doodads from its own body- and much like Wormwood: Losing health or stat bonuses to supply its friends with useful resources.

(just makes sense that a robot would be able to give out robot parts in exchange for its own functionality.)

And I don’t mean just a bit of lost health that can easily be recovered with healing, I mean to actually Damage WX78’s functionality such as pulling out 1 gear and 1 Doodad reduces their health core and it can’t be repaired with booster shots, to repair them they’ll need to reinstall the components they ripped out.

This would allow GOOD WX players to immediately rip out gears and doodads for other players, and (with damaged Health, Sanity etc stats) wander off to go find extras of those items to repair themselves with later.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 2
  • Health 2

44 minutes ago, loopuleasa said:

sugestão de equilíbrio:

faça com que o circuito de moggles seja de 5/6 pinos, enquanto o de iluminação seja de 4/6 pinos

basicamente trocar pinos

image.png.45492adafc1eb96f1e1579a8cf582116.png

por que o circuito de iluminação de luz literal pequeno, por algum motivo, tem MAIS pinos do que o circuito de moggles?

não faz sentido, um é claramente melhor que o outro

Because the light is not only for him, it is also for his friends so yes it is good that it is more expensive

4 minutes ago, Seero said:

Can you scan broken rooks from the ruins for speed buff?

broken rooks works

2 minutes ago, Digi62BR said:

Because the light is not only for him, it is also for his friends so yes it is good that it is more expensive

light is not that large, won't be used like that commonly