WX-78 Refresh Beta Open!

3 hours ago, Cheggf said:

This rework is like them going out of their way to make as many underpowered perks that seem overpowered to newer players as possible lol

The game does not revolve around players who ruins rush 24/7, a lot of others prefer to play casually while messing around. These perks are a great alternative to existing things but with a much higher fun factor that fits the character well.
If I misunderstood your statement, then my bad.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

so how that makes sense?

That's the neat part. It doesn't :P

It's the same as with her rain related quotes. Wants to play in rain , says she's not scared of rain - freezes to death while fully wet.

"Why not play in rain, florp?" - Because young lady you still can get hypothermia like everyone else ^^

1 hour ago, ALCRD said:

That's the neat part. It doesn't :P

It's the same as with her rain related quotes. Wants to play in rain , says she's not scared of rain - freezes to death while fully wet.

"Why not play in rain, florp?" - Because young lady you still can get hypothermia like everyone else ^^

unless its summer, or you use some sort of warming things

16 minutes ago, loopuleasa said:

bee queen dronmaster circuit gives you HP regen

A regen so weak it would take 30 minutes of wearing it while injured to even tie with what eating its jellybean component would give.

• Like 2

Man... Don't get me wrong the wx Winona synergy is the kind of thing I wanted for the longest. I'm happy for wx players all of the circuit board powers sound so cool and hell, even my girl wurt who was left in the cold for years finally got fixed up but...

Can we hope to see Winona get a little love? Comparatively lackluster rework albeit the first. I think there is so much potential in her gimmick as a repair woman, tinkerer that she should get more structured creations helping out many aspects of life in the constant.

Have her create her own flingomatic that (actually works) waters crops keeps people cool if they stand in the radius. Or a contraption on a lightning rod to harness the built up power stored. Every rework has gotten better and better so this isn't a complaint. I'd like to see seafaring contraptions like harpoons or canons, or deep-sea fishing where a giant net can be shot out to catch a group of fish. In any case I'll coast off the happiness of new and working wurt until anything is addressed, cheers.

• Like 14

7 minutes ago, Intrepidpioneer said:

Man... Don't get me wrong the wx Winona synergy is the kind of thing I wanted for the longest. I'm happy for wx players all of the circuit board powers sound so cool and hell, even my girl wurt who was left in the cold for years finally got fixed up but...

Can we hope to see Winona get a little love? Comparatively lackluster rework albeit the first. I think there is so much potential in her gimmick as a repair woman, tinkerer that she should get more structured creations helping out many aspects of life in the constant.

Have her create her own flingomatic that (actually works) waters crops keeps people cool if they stand in the radius. Or a contraption on a lightning rod to harness the built up power stored. Every rework has gotten better and better so this isn't a complaint. I'd like to see seafaring contraptions like harpoons or canons, or deep-sea fishing where a giant net can be shot out to catch a group of fish. In any case I'll coast off the happiness of new and working wurt until anything is addressed, cheers.

I definitely agree that she needs a little more love. It's almost bittersweet that she has this neat new synergy with someone because I know that when I play WX-78, I will rarely actually get to experience that synergy because not a lot of people play as her.

• Like 2

ive been having the scanner out at all times and for some reason this causes the game to just spawn random scanners that cannot be interacted with everywhere?

image.png.0c9514983fcc582f151dc758fdafaea1.pngimage.png.c117e8c3c961a4deccb782306f62cf08.pngimage.thumb.png.16ad37b21ec46895a1da05eaf6aae461.png

i cannot pick the other ones up but i can examine them, restarting the server doesnt change anything. it is just producing dead jimmys and im terrified
when it's deployed and you close and reload the server (or rolling back) it seems to just disappear. and also leaves a jimmy corpse behind

also, i would really love it if the night vision was changed to only activate during night instead of the afternoon! it makes it difficult to see.

Edited by crushcircuit
  • Like 1

nice! i heard the ragtime song that wx plays with one of the upgrades. I think it could be cool to add a distorted form of it the lower the sanity is, but still give the same effects. (as well as a on and off switch for people who don't want it. 

Edited by jar_jar
  • Like 2

I feel like scanning giants for circuit blueprint is a tad too long. Unless you are fighting with it alone or you have people willing to wait, it will be killed before you can get a recipe. Besides, kiting with straight up running away is ineffective because of small range of bioscanner.

so now wx has technicaly his own crafting tab, but because klei removed unique crafting tab icons, i made my own one
2022_03_25_036_Kleki.thumb.png.b9071ddda715ff4f9cebbb046b9702ac.png

mod people are free to use this or get inspired if they so plan to change character icons to there original ones

I'm in love with the chorusbox and all its uses, between raising the sanity of other players and auto-tend plants, this is going to be my go-to circuit in any world I can find crab king in. There's just one detail I feel is missing:

Maxwell should get a notable sanity drain whenever he's in proximity to a WX with the circuit, rather than another sanity boost.

Not only does it fit into the lore, but most of the time when playing Maxwell, I'm looking to loose sanity to gather nightmare fuel, rather then restore it when it's already so easy to do so by other means. It would be an item that helps the players who need to gain sanity AND the Maxwell players who need to loose it.

Spoiler

Lore-wise, Wilson also probably shouldn't get a sanity boost from it but I'm going to wait to see what Wilson's rework is like before I explore that idea more...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, crushcircuit said:

ive been having the scanner out at all times and for some reason this causes the game to just spawn random scanners that cannot be interacted with everywhere?

image.png.0c9514983fcc582f151dc758fdafaea1.pngimage.png.c117e8c3c961a4deccb782306f62cf08.pngimage.thumb.png.16ad37b21ec46895a1da05eaf6aae461.png

i cannot pick the other ones up but i can examine them, restarting the server doesnt change anything. it is just producing dead jimmys and im terrified
when it's deployed and you close and reload the server (or rolling back) it seems to just disappear. and also leaves a jimmy corpse behind

also, i would really love it if the night vision was changed to only activate during night instead of the afternoon! it makes it difficult to see.

I couldn’t pass up the opportunity.. sorry, (only WWE fans will understand)

11867AC4-8C58-4703-B6DA-4A0BF822B1A7.gif.0e586490b50202a5fb96617e229072b0.gif

4 hours ago, twitchgabo said:

It is so sad! Wormwood is so cute but his perks are absolutely horrible compared to the newest reworks :(

Btw, WX got such an amazing rework! Thank you Klei!!!

Also...#PlzBuffWormwood

I think you're really overplaying it. I'm not saying that Wormwood is in an amazing spot, but the main reason for newer characters and reworks having better perks is because of well... The content being newer! Klei is ever-broadening and ever-improving with their approach to character refreshes, so it makes a ton on sense for say Wormwood, an older character originally designed for Hamlet, a singleplayer mode, or Winona (self-explanatory), compared to something like Webber or now WX. I think Wormwood should absolutely get some love, but I don't think it's entirely fair to argue that there's no point in playing him because of how much better a newly refreshed, previously very poopy character is.

• Like 1

My favorite refreshes are the ones that arent afraid to throw some things out the window and get really creative with new perks and gameplay so this is definitley the best rework so far in that regard. A much needed turnaround for how boring Wolfgangs rework was (and still is tbh especially compared to all the new toys WX got) It gives me hope for Wickerbottom. :wickerbottomthanks:

Edited by sudoku

i liked the beta, i hope eating gears would create more plugs to connect circuits, or just make some circuits occupy less plugs, idk, just giving an idea, since it is still on beta.

About wurt, didint play her yet, i will play tomorrow, i spend the afternoon trying wx. But seems good the changes to her, mainly the one that makes gold renuable as wurt.

• Like 2
  • Sanity 1

4 hours ago, Man in the Mist said:

There was an earlier comment that suggested that WX-78 could gain more upgrade pins by eating gears.  I like that idea.

Wouldnt we be back at a similar problem to pre-rework WX

• Like 2