WX-78 Refresh Beta Open!

4 hours ago, crushcircuit said:

the circuit ui is in the same placement as the backpack ui so when you wear a backpack the circuits get covered up, perhaps the circuit ui should be moved? maybe it could be displayed horizontally below their other stats instead?

Oh yeah I forgot people use backpacks... Bummer, I liked where it was...

Seeing the amounts the best stats circuits add is so underwhelming, why does a rework have to come with such a massive nerf to WX?

Compare original fully gear-upgraded WX [200/300/400 hunger/sanity/health] to the best circuits on new one (1 of each since limited to 6 slots): 225/225/300. The new WXs is basically 3/4ths of what they used to be, especially when considering health to be the most important stat.

In addition it doesn't help that players generally wouldn't want simple stat upgrades when presented with so many other unique goodie circuit modules like speed boosts, cold resistance, nigh vision, and all the amazing ideas Klei created. However with 6 circuit slots it feels so limited to have both the safe stats WX used to have, together with any one cool upgrade.

As many people have said in this thread, eating gears should give more circuits, maybe even make it really expensive as i don't think you should be able to get 1 for 1 it would be nice if it is 5-10 gears for 1 circuit and at max he can get like 2 so it isn't too strong. Obviously he shouldn't lose this on death if it is that expensive.

Resetting ruins should be encouraged and this is another reason to do so.

Also about public servers and some WX eating the gears, that's not the point of updates and balancing for pubs is a bad idea. What i want is more of what Wanda got for other characters, for them to be able to power up late game and be stronger/more useful, i understand that not all characters should be like that but it always felt like WX-78 is like that but simpler since ruins rushing is easy.

I haven't played WX-78 yet on beta but i will soon so i can think about the numbers more and how it feels when i play him.

Edited by 00petar00
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 0bit said:

Wouldnt we be back at a similar problem to pre-rework WX

I'm unsure what was the problem with pre-rework WX tbh? If it was new WX players eating the gears on the server, that will still remain a problem since gears can still be eaten, and if a new player (inevitably without food) is hungry or hurt or even insane, they will start eating the gears. Maybe there was a different issue I'm unaware with pre-rework WX?

It would be cool if dragonfly circut allowed you to become "walking scaled furnace" for you team.
Light, warmth and ability to cook within your stomach. And it would take all the slots for balance measures.

Maybe you'll make more of theese unique upgrades, because right now most of them are as boring as stats from eating gears.

22 minutes ago, Shelleg3s said:

I'm unsure what was the problem with pre-rework WX tbh? If it was new WX players eating the gears on the server, that will still remain a problem since gears can still be eaten, and if a new player (inevitably without food) is hungry or hurt or even insane, they will start eating the gears. Maybe there was a different issue I'm unaware with pre-rework WX?

The issue- much like the Deerclops Eyeball and other things that came before it: Was that the original concept for these items were completely designed around a Single Player gaming experience.. Ahem: So if you were to accidentally or even intentionally “Eating” the Deerclops eye in single player your not going to have 5 other angry players yelling at you, reporting you for not knowing any better, there’s also the Trolls who will see they can do it.. and then do it just to be jerks.

With WX78 the fact it can eat gears at all means your likely going to have your fridge hammered down so it can have itself a tasty gears snack.. If Gears weren’t consumable then WX would no longer have this problem.

However gears should probably be part of the crafting involved in its new Circuits the difference here would be Instead of eating 15-25 gears for stat boosts, you’d use 1 gear + whatever ingredients are required in creating a fuse.

And.. When the Fuses are removed the Gears can pop out for reusing/giving to friends.

Klei patched out the “eat important things” so I’m confused as to why they let WX remain to consume all gears.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Wx-78 is officially better than Wormwood. 

Welp, I'm switching mains.

He can stack 3 electric reflects for 180 dmg in rain. That's a nice dump on the bramble husk, huh? 

I kept begging for Klei to buff Wormwood only to be met with

"Wormwood is a farmer"

"So what you want to make him a jack of all trades?"

"Lol he already got reworked"

"Wormwood has speed"

Sigh, well we at least still have, uh, darkswords right? :roll: 

I'm not sure if this will make you feel any better but I'm gonna try... The electric damage ignores wetness, so no 2x damage. And for WX to have around the same speed as wormwood they have to lose any and all other perks. Hope this helps a little

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, LitulLola said:

I'm not sure if this will make you feel any better but I'm gonna try... The electric damage ignores wetness, so no 2x damage. And for WX to have around the same speed as wormwood they have to lose any and all other perks. Hope this helps a little

Thanks! I appreciate your sentiment. (No sarcasm intended)

But unfortunately knowing that 3 electrification circuits do 90 dmg vs the bramble husks pitiful 22.5 plus being able to equip a marble suit on top of that just make me sad again.

Or that a single acceleration circuit 2.0 which only takes up two slots gives as much speed as Wormwood's blooming. Not to mention they stack to give 40% speed and finally 50% speed when 3 are used. 

So two slots and you're already wormwood with 4 remaining slots and no healing penalties. 

BuT WoOrMwOOd Is A GReaT FaRMer SO i GuESs THat MAkeS IT oK

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Sad Dupe 2

22 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

The issue- much like the Deerclops Eyeball and other things that came before it: Was that the original concept for these items were completely designed around a Single Player gaming experience.. Ahem: So if you were to accidentally or even intentionally “Eating” the Deerclops eye in single player your not going to have 5 other angry players yelling at you, reporting you for not knowing any better, there’s also the Trolls who will see they can do it.. and then do it just to be jerks.

With WX78 the fact it can eat gears at all means your likely going to have your fridge hammered down so it can have itself a tasty gears snack.. If Gears weren’t consumable then WX would no longer have this problem.

However gears should probably be part of the crafting involved in its new Circuits the difference here would be Instead of eating 15-25 gears for stat boosts, you’d use 1 gear + whatever ingredients are required in creating a fuse.

And.. When the Fuses are removed the Gears can pop out for reusing/giving to friends.

Klei patched out the “eat important things” so I’m confused as to why they let WX remain to consume all gears.

Oh yes I 100% agree with this concept. Also I feel like destroying an ice box is borderline griefing lol.

I'd 100% be happy with the gears being used for craftable upgrades, especially if an upgrade gave more fuse-inputs (up to a limit of course).

I don't even think it would be too bad to have a 'food-gear' craftable that gives the current stats 'heals' they retained with the rework, but its a craftable version instead (maybe with the drone data) so WX's can't just instantly eat them. If this system was to eliminate griefers, those will always find some way, but as long as new players don't accidentally do the unwanted, this would work perfectly.

26 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Thanks! I appreciate your sentiment. (No sarcasm intended)

But unfortunately knowing that 3 electrification circuits do 90 dmg vs the bramble husks pitiful 22.5 plus being able to equip a marble suit on top of that just make me sad again.

Or that a single acceleration circuit 2.0 which only takes up two slots gives as much speed as Wormwood's blooming. Not to mention they stack to give 40% speed and finally 50% speed when 3 are used. 

So two slots and you're already wormwood with 4 remaining slots and no healing penalties. 

BuT WoOrMwOOd Is A GReaT FaRMer SO i GuESs THat MAkeS IT oK

I'm sorry sweetheart, I thought his speed was more like  old WX's... Bummer it's only walking cane speed. I only switch to wormwood to plant crops because it's impossible to do it efficiently on console (without snapping tills) so my bad

• Sad Dupe 1

8 hours ago, Maxil20 said:

It’s actually a bit more useful then that! In addition to that, it also cuts the range at which clockworks will aggro onto a player by ~50-66%. While this doesn’t sound like a huge perk, it’s actually incredibly helpful for the ruins, as the reduced aggro range works there too (on top of the night vision ability giving you much more awareness of your surroundings).

Here’s a couple of images of me using their perks for the 8 ancient statue area and showing how close I can get without being attacked. I practically can loot the entire place without issue other then the 2 broken clockworks next to them and potentially the ancient statue close to one of them.938523E5-3EC6-4023-9B65-6F66F11F03E0.thumb.png.dbb5df6aafe3feb50baa1dd785fa290b.png2F05109F-92C4-4CBF-BBE5-F59BE82C127A.png.3b511e783503780a8b2763c8bbbd4fe2.png

This is huge. Makes ruin rushes extremely safe and easy. Great for beginner and intermediate players and people that are scared of ruins.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SonicDen220 said:

Do the electric circuits have AoE?

No, but the small defence makes it very risky to use in groups. Mobs that aren't stunlocked like shadow splumonkeys will kill you in a big enough crowds. Now just add it's low durability and you have a nice suicide vest to die in.

Even if you survive you're trading blows and taking heavy damage or wasting a thelucite crown. You're better off taking the group to a rook who will mow them all down.

Now wanna hear something funny? What's stopping Wx-78 from equipping a bramble husk? They're better at using a bramble husk than Wormwood himself.

38 minutes ago, Man in the Mist said:

And do they allow you to safely pick cacti?

So? Ride a beefalo and let it take the damage. Pretty pointless to get cactus flesh as wormwood though, plant seeds if you need the sanity. What's more Wx-78 can heal through the what, 1 damage with a football helmet? With his Regen circuit.

Edited by HowlVoid
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Shelleg3s said:

Seeing the amounts the best stats circuits add is so underwhelming, why does a rework have to come with such a massive nerf to WX?

Compare original fully gear-upgraded WX [200/300/400 hunger/sanity/health] to the best circuits on new one (1 of each since limited to 6 slots): 225/225/300. The new WXs is basically 3/4ths of what they used to be, especially when considering health to be the most important stat.

In addition it doesn't help that players generally wouldn't want simple stat upgrades when presented with so many other unique goodie circuit modules like speed boosts, cold resistance, nigh vision, and all the amazing ideas Klei created. However with 6 circuit slots it feels so limited to have both the safe stats WX used to have, together with any one cool upgrade.

Health is the least important stat. Anything over 100 or 150 is more than enough.

The rework is a massive buff. Permanent speed boost, along many other perks (free nightvision, hello???)

5 hours ago, Losparkeros said:

I feel like scanning giants for circuit blueprint is a tad too long. Unless you are fighting with it alone or you have people willing to wait, it will be killed before you can get a recipe. Besides, kiting with straight up running away is ineffective because of small range of bioscanner.

would be nice if they made giants' corpses linger for a while and scan them while dead. It would feel like a reward for killing them.

• Like 5

small advice on the Clever Disguise: can be made not to spoil but lose durability (and maybe repair with repairkit)

most of my friends when playing other characters when I play Wurt have dificulties keeping one of these items due to spoilage

12 hours ago, loopuleasa said:

I like the "fast hands" circuit idea, currently nothing in the game like that

Winona, Warly

Here are my suggestions:
-Make the charging of the robot not passive, thus it will be necessary to receive energy from the lightning of electric generators or eating food.
-Energy consumption depends on the number of modules, that is, the more enabled, the greater the loss and you need to regularly eat and replenish energy so that all modules work.
-When he starves, energy is spent first, and when it reaches 0, hp starts to fall.
-The night vision module needs to be made with a helmet radius, because it is very easy to make it and the visibility is full screen.
-The scanner should be placed on the right click without the need to take it in hand.

• Like 2

A simple plier tool suggestions for this update:

- Make it so when you use plier to remove circuits it only removes ONE circuit (the one circuit at the TOP)

This way you can precisely remove one circuit at a time.

(or at least make a psuedoscience thulecite precision circuit plier 3000 that we can craft that does this)

Edited by loopuleasa
  • Like 11

It would nice if merm king gets higher maximum hunger. Right now its too much of a hassle to feed him and  it is better to  just let him die and get a new king.

Edited by eliza03
  • Like 7

my suggestions for the location of this indicator or make it similar to Wigfrid

Знімок екрана 2022-04-15 120742.png

each contact consumes 1 energy, maximum consumption is 6
passive energy generation = 2
hunger above 75% gives +2 more 50% +1 25%=0 0% -2
get struck by lightning +2 touch the saltpeter generator +1 stone generator +2
thus, in order to carry modules for 6 contacts without interruptions, you need to keep hunger as high as possible and from time to time, for example, once a day, receive a dose of energy from lightning or a generator

Even with a feeling of hunger, we can keep one module running for 2 thanks to the passive generation contact.

• Like 1