WX-78 Refresh Beta Open!

4 hours ago, StevenM said:

No need to grind your gears waiting any longer, the WX-78 refresh is now up on the beta branch! Let's take a look at what's new.

WX-78 Changes

• WX-78 can create circuits that can be installed to unlock special abilities.
  • WX-78 can unplug their circuits by utilizing a Circuit Extractor. Unfortunately, this means losing any charge that the circuits were taking up!
  • WX-78 learns how to construct circuits by scanning organics with their Bio Scanalyzer.
  • The Bio Scanalyzer also produces Bio Data, which is used to create circuits, alongside material from the scanned organic.
  • WX-78's circuits are powered by their electrical charge meter. The meter restores itself over time, and can also be restored by other means.
  • If WX-78 gets too wet, they begin losing electricity. If they run out of electricity, they begin to lose health.
  • WX-78 also loses electricity when they are starving, as they no longer have the energy to maintain their charge level.
  • WX-78 can eat gears to regain health, sanity, and hunger. If WX-78 dies, they will drop some of the gears that they have eaten.
  • Clockworks are less aggressive towards WX-78.

Other Changes

Reveal hidden contents
  • New HUD effects have been added for when learning recipes.
  • Improved creature AI when a group of creatures are running together.
  • Reeds will now regrow during Spring after having been burnt.

Wurt and Merm Changes

Reveal hidden contents
  • When Wurt wears the Seawreath or Garland, the sanity effects are flipped.
  • Improved how hats look on Wurt
  • Moose/Goose and Bearger no longer knock items out of Wurt’s hands, because of her strong grip.
  • The Clever Disguise now lasts for 15 days.
  • Abandoned Merm followers will now return home after some time.
  • Merms now play a hungry animation when their loyalty is low.
  • Feeding Merms will now also improve the loyalty of a few nearby Merms.
  • Merms no longer tolerate their leader murdering a fish.
  • Merms that are followers will defend other nearby Merms when they are attacked.
  • Merms will stop mining and chopping if their leader gets too far away.
  • Merms no longer get hurt from eating kelp or durians.
  • Frogs are no longer aggressive towards Merms.
  • The Merm King’s eating animation duration is now based on the quality of the food.
  • The Merm King now gives bonus Gold Nuggets when given an ocean fish.
  • The Merm King now gives Cut Reeds instead of Rot when given a fish.

Bug Fixes

Reveal hidden contents
  • Fixed Deerclops’s attack damage when hitting multiple targets.

Notes for Modders

Reveal hidden contents
  • Mod Release ID: R21_REFRESH_WX78

Beta Branch bug tracker

View full update

ITS THE WX REWORK AND GEARS ARE NOT HD. WORST UPDATE EVER. IM PACKING MY BAGS AND LEAVING.

(P.s gears don't make any sound when wx eats them. Please bring back the iconic gear munch.)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, loopuleasa said:

can we all appreciate how now the ultra-noob WX's won't eat all the gears in our pubs?

Highly doubtfulimage.png.b4eca94b0daf7f4f2abfc7ccecb96b9d.png

the damage is Already Done… Unless Klei made it to where WX couldn’t eat gears AT ALL people are still going to eat the gears, personally I think gears should just be used in WX’s new upgrade crafts.. while the ability to eat them at all goes Obsolete..

WX’s official description has always read as “can be upgraded with gears..” it NEVER said WX had to “Eat” those gears…

And unless Klei adds easier ways to obtain gears (such as adding in Pawn Clockworks that Respawn like Cookie Cutters) then Your always going to run into a Gears Shortage when WX players get hungry.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

the damage is Already Done… Unless Klei made it to where WX couldn’t eat gears AT ALL people are still going to eat the gears, personally I think gears should just be used in WX’s new upgrade crafts.. while the ability to eat them at all goes Obsolete..

WX’s official description has always read as “can be upgraded with gears..” it NEVER said WX had to “Eat” those gears…

And unless Klei adds easier ways to obtain gears (such as adding in Pawn Clockworks that Respawn like Cookie Cutters) then Your always going to run into a Gears Shortage when WX players get hungry.

There was an earlier comment that suggested that WX-78 could gain more upgrade pins by eating gears.  I like that idea.

• Like 4
  • Sanity 1

Love this rework a lot but i feel like the circuits should not have any durability:

Anyone who just want to play with his favorite combo for the entire time will just focus on making it and then never switching for something else, making those circuits basically infinite.

Meanwhile, someone who wants to mix those circuits will just be penalized for switching them from time to time.

Either the durability should be changed to instead degrading when the circuits are being used or it should just be removed entirely.

I personally don't think that the latter would be op as it would be just kinda like wanda's watches (infinite uses with a cooldown, the cooldown here being wx charges going away when you remove the circuits and having to wait for it to go back up to use a new one).

This would also help those high cost circuits (like the tick fur and the jelly beans one) who gives you such the small boost compared to the rarity of the materials used and this way, you could also add the option to use the circuit extractor on the circuit themselves to dismantle them like wanda's watches and give back the materials used to make them.

As for the circuits themselves, i feel like they are all good, but some of them should still be tweaked. Like the jellybeans one using 3 slots and only giving 75 sanity with 1 hp and sanity regenerated every 15 seconds, I'd rather use the sanity circuit (2 slots) for a 75 sanity boost with a 1 sanity regenerated every 15 seconds and the normal hp boost (1 slot) for 50 more hp. Same amount of slots used as the jellybeans one, but way cheaper and way better in my opinion.

The light circuit is also weird, as it gives such a small amount of light but still use 1 more slot than the night vision circuit wich is way better.

I'd honestly prefer for the light circuit to use 3 slots instead. I think it would be a pretty good buff to it while still keeping the night vision circuit the way it currently is.

Other than that, this beta is pretty solid and feels closer to a regular build than a beta build. Really hyped for what you got in store for us Klei.

Edited by Mario172
  • Like 13

so how come wurt lose sanity when using garland? but gains sanity whit the kelp version, i mean, im sure she would rather eat the kelp instead wearing it on the head, while she loves killing flowers, i think wurt quote for kelp hat is something more disapointing even, makin the sanity gain not makin much sense

oh alsol great that wurt got a rework whit wx, its like a water electro hazard

• Like 1

3 minutos atrás, Cheggf disse:

Então você nunca faz tochas e apenas segue outras pessoas quando está escuro?

Já aconteceu que faltam recursos e todos ou quase todos morrem e levam dano do escuro nos meus jogos xD

It has also happened that there is no time to light the fire and everyone takes damage from the dark, or trust someone to light the fire.:lol:

Edited by Digi62BR

18 minutes ago, Mario172 said:

Love this rework a lot but i feel like the circuits should not have any durability:

most circuits are dirt cheap

and each has 4 loadout switches

keep in mind you will have to go in and out through 8 loadouts for a single circuit to break

Edited by loopuleasa

I never thought Wurt would get another look but here we are I have to apologize to Kiel for doubting them for so long so I'll say sorry and thank you.

That being said these changes are amazing and give a lot more value to Wurt as a minion character and part of the team and actually made clever disguises much more worth considering I didn't read every comment but from what I've seen no one seems to realize that since merms aren't targeted by frogs now this means the clever disguise can be used to avoid being attacked by frog rain or just frogs in general.  

• Like 6
  • Ninja 1

17 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

so how come wurt lose sanity when using garland? but gains sanity whit the kelp version, i mean, im sure she would rather eat the kelp instead wearing it on the head, while she loves killing flowers, i think wurt quote for kelp hat is something more disapointing even, makin the sanity gain not makin much sense

oh alsol great that wurt got a rework whit wx, its like a water electro hazard

The sanity you gain from a garland is because a character thinks it looks pretty and wearing it makes you look/feel nice Wurt feels the opposite on this. 

• Like 1

Just now, MrDeepDarkmind said:

anyone know what the gastroexpansion does exactly?

it increases belly, but I suspect it also slows down hunger drain as you can research it from slurpers and beargert ( and both have hunger reducing gear)

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

The sanity you gain from a garland is because a character thinks it looks pretty and wearing it makes you look/feel nice Wurt feels the opposite on this. 

but she still rather likes to eat the kelp instead of wearing it, litteraly her quote
image.png.3f9a729416c02fb452857894cdf39263.png
so how that makes sense?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

but she still rather likes to eat the kelp instead of wearing it, litteraly her quote
image.png.3f9a729416c02fb452857894cdf39263.png
so how that makes sense?

I think quotes have to be taken with a grain of salt tho that being said it doesn't mean she wouldn't kelp does seem to be multi purpose to merms.

41 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Highly doubtfulimage.png.b4eca94b0daf7f4f2abfc7ccecb96b9d.png

Id vote for keepig the gear eating mechanic - no upgrades, just health/sanity/hunger.

While unpopular in a server of noobs, gear eating has a clear niche role in making wx a very effective ruins rusher.