WX-78 Refresh Beta Open!

20 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

When is the Beta going to end?? With it being the 21st & a Thursday, I figured the full release would’ve happened today since there’s only one more Thursday left in this Month which will be on the 28th.

image.png.7a2cf963b476b382d26603f65c6abc74.png

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Like 3
  • GL Happy 1

47 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

When is the Beta going to end?? With it being the 21st & a Thursday, I figured the full release would’ve happened today since there’s only one more Thursday left in this Month which will be on the 28th.

There were a lot of people complaining about glitches being in game after the last beta dropped... I hope they aren't releasing betas at a later date because of this. I'm hoping that's not what happened here. I know I can't wait either, I've been checking all day lol

• Like 1

I know this has already been addressed but I wanna make sure the Klei devs catch this; WX-78's meter isn't funny if you play with the backpack being separated in the hud! I really hope that the meter is moved or something when wearing the backpack, even if it takes up slightly more screen space.

I think that this update makes wx78 a better character as you don't play wx78 to rush the ruins anymore. However more focus on rushing the ruins to play wx78 would be great, I break down his original buffs into 6 buffs, hp buff (high max hp), hunger buff (high max hunger), sanity buff (high max sanity), speed buff, light buff (aura of light) and heat buff (survives winter with no gear if overcharged). It also happens to be that there are 6 charge slots in his inventory. I think some end game perks would be great to make him his extremely-overpowered old self. You would scan multiple mobs or entities such as lunar pond, depth worm, mushgnome and nightmare fissure for a 1 slot, light circuit (Likely requiring high end items to craft and a lot of bio data) the light circuit could require a night light, Lantern, a torch, a ocuvigil and a moon rock idol.

15 hours ago, picklenatordude said:

I think that this update makes wx78 a better character as you don't play wx78 to rush the ruins anymore. However more focus on rushing the ruins to play wx78 would be great, I break down his original buffs into 6 buffs, hp buff (high max hp), hunger buff (high max hunger), sanity buff (high max sanity), speed buff, light buff (aura of light) and heat buff (survives winter with no gear if overcharged). It also happens to be that there are 6 charge slots in his inventory. I think some end game perks would be great to make him his extremely-overpowered old self. You would scan multiple mobs or entities such as lunar pond, depth worm, mushgnome and nightmare fissure for a 1 slot, light circuit (Likely requiring high end items to craft and a lot of bio data) the light circuit could require a night light, Lantern, a torch, a ocuvigil and a moon rock idol.

I mean this update made him hands down the best ruins rusher between lower aggro range on clockworks and removing the need to have or maintain a light source. Also while some people will stick to their favor combinations keep in mind that if you really want to you can still ignore weather and time of day aside from rain with cold  circuit/hot circuit + light circuit

• Like 1

This rework is great, I love the concept + modularity. In terms of tweaks- I think it could be improved by making all the circuits less powerful and require fewer pins.

For example:

• Illumination circuit- 1 pin, but with tiny Abigail sized light. Add more for more light.
  • Speed circuit- 1 pin, but only 15 percent bonus. Could go: 12.5/12.5/7.5/7.5/5/5 to mirror the current balance
  • Thermal/Refrigerant circuit- 1 pin, only minor effect. Add 2 more for full immunity.

I think this would make it even more fun and there would even more wacky combos, without being totally OP.

• Sanity 1

Someone on steam pointed out that WX losing charge on being frozen doesn't make any sense because that's not how physics work. So instead change that perk from being frozen to be on fire. While being frozen only ever really becomes a problem in winter if you kill walrus camp hounds without waiting for a few seconds or being unable to kite Clops, it isn't much of a concern. Being on fire on the other hand is something that's not exclusive to any season (Dragonfly, lava pools, Klaus).

• If WX-78 gets too wet, they begin losing electricity. If they run out of electricity, they begin to lose health.

Also increase the threshhold of wetness from 15 to at least 25 or 30. "Too wet" is misleading, because relatively speaking 15/100 isn't much wetness. It also isn't very fun joining a random public server on spring with heavy rain, just to die after about 45 seconds without any proper protection from rain.

Best case sencario would be scaling wetness/damage debuff (1-15, 16-30, 31-70, 71-100) with increasing damage (1, 4, 8, 14) which gives players a window of few minutes to react, looking for resources/ going to caves, making this perk semi-forgiving and thus resulting in more engaging gameplay.

Edited by HansimUnglueck
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, HansimUnglueck said:

Someone on steam pointed out that WX losing charge on being frozen doesn't make any sense because that's not how physics work. So instead change that perk from being frozen to be on fire. While being frozen only ever really becomes a problem in winter if you kill walrus camp hounds without waiting for a few seconds or being unable to kite Clops, it isn't much of a concern. Being on fire on the other hand is something that's not exclusive to any season (Dragonfly, lava pools, Klaus).

When a battery gets cold it discharges at a more rapid rate. This discharge rate also called “rundown” will gradually lesson the charge potential even when the battery warms up. This will lead to the battery eventually becoming not able to effectively hold a charge at all.

https://gesrepair.com/how-cold-weather-affects-electronics/

i also found that weird by many web sites explains that cold isnt that good for electronic gadgets. Hot should also be bad for wx for more obvious reasons

• Big Ups 1

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

When a battery gets cold it discharges at a more rapid rate. This discharge rate also called “rundown” will gradually lesson the charge potential even when the battery warms up. This will lead to the battery eventually becoming not able to effectively hold a charge at all.

https://gesrepair.com/how-cold-weather-affects-electronics/

i also found that weird by many web sites explains that cold isnt that good for electronic gadgets. Hot should also be bad for wx for more obvious reasons

That might be true for battiers but not for circuits in general.

The original comment on steam was:

In real electronics, colder IS better for circuits. I forgot why. That job training was around 25 years ago, I'm 50, I forget things, all I remember is R=U/I (Resistance = Voltage / Current), and you can of course rearrange the formula. Current = Voltage / Resistance. And I vaguely remember that resistance goes up with heat.

https://science-education-research.com/higher-resistance-means-less-current-for-the-same-voltage-but-how-does-that-relate-to-the-formula/

https://drtphysics.weebly.com/uploads/8/3/7/2/83722698/unit8_lesson3_pp.pdf (around page 16-17)

• Like 1

Klei I have module ideas that you may add to the game, of course you don't need too, this message is mostly to put my ideas into the world so I can rest freely. the first module idea is the inventorial module, it will give you 6 bonus inventory slots with it costing 2 pins. to get it you need to scan chester and you also need 6 bio data and a backpack. The second module is the executioner module, this module increases the speed of harvesting materials, and even interaction, like how fast you talk to plants for example, this module will be used for players that want material fast, the speed doesn't need to be the fastest it just need to be useful. this module will cost 3 pins, you need to scan a pigman and you will also need a pig skin and 3 bio data. These are the ideas that I have for new cool modules for WX-78, also probably you need to change the material requirements or the creature to scan to get the recipe 

On 4/16/2022 at 4:49 PM, Bernado1 said:

That’s the thing, we spent like 10 gears on his WX and it’s all level up now. 400 hunger, health etc. However, my fear is, if we’re going to lose all this progress just because the rework drops this month, or if old worlds with WX will have the previous Stat buffs AND the modules.

I hope so because I don’t want to be sad about losing tons of gears, but I understand if Klei do so, in fact, if by some miracle, already existing WXs don’t lose their stats on the rework, we’ll have potentially playable characters with almost 800 health without armor, that’s literally game breaking stuff.

Logged into my WX worlds today in main client update. Looks like all gears used for gear upgrades completely disappeared (didn't even drop out as if you died) and you don't even receive the Scanning Robot and Pliers that WX's now spawn with.

Also was beta WX 125 hp max or did they nerf them even further? (i cudda sworn it was 150hp in beta)
Honestly at this point I don't see myself returning to playing WX unless klei give them some stat buffs or give a method to increase circuit pins. WX feels like such a weak character compared to before and I only see myself using them in creative mode with 600hp to learn kiting patterns, there is not much use beyond that.

On 4/28/2022 at 10:07 PM, Shelleg3s said:

Logged into my WX worlds today in main client update. Looks like all gears used for gear upgrades completely disappeared (didn't even drop out as if you died) and you don't even receive the Scanning Robot and Pliers that WX's now spawn with.

Also was beta WX 125 hp max or did they nerf them even further? (i cudda sworn it was 150hp in beta)
Honestly at this point I don't see myself returning to playing WX unless klei give them some stat buffs or give a method to increase circuit pins. WX feels like such a weak character compared to before and I only see myself using them in creative mode with 600hp to learn kiting patterns, there is not much use beyond that.

I’m no expert player at this game by no means, and as such even though I’ve done a lot with the game.. I can still see the game for the “Beginner” perspective- and even though “I” don’t personally NEED it.. being able to get infinite free Moggles to never need to worry about Darkness ever again is a pretty big deal.. Running around at 600 Hp + a bunch of other crazy perks was such a busted concept.

I am glad players now need to actually “Work” for their power by scanning mobs which in turn: Encourages and Pushes beginner players to leave base and go scan the world (having flashbacks of those toys I had when I was little where you scan barcodes to unlock monsters) You also have to now choose what type of power you want to Utilize & when.

Which sounds like such a robot thing to do, I love this rework.. and I even want some of those scrapped Concept sets as future skins.. (Jimmy as a Moon Rover RC Car)

While I’m sorry you want to stop playing the character when they are no longer busted and God-Like… but maybe that will encourage you to actually try out OTHER Characters and find your REAL favorite..

You should like a character for their personality, their gameplay, and their characters quotes/instrument sounds- Not because they’re just better than every other choice..

I main Wendy because I in real life have a deep connection with spooky/goth like vibes, I believe strongly within the super natural and spirits, I love the concept of a sibling bond that transcends life & death, and I know that any future Content themed around Wendy will focus on Ghosts, Graveyards/helping the restless undead- Etc..

WX78 got a neat new little gimmick that has the player quest around the game scanning various different mobs to unlock WX’s circuit modules & that is honestly quite awesome.

Mr JoeW if you or the people in charge of making skins are reading this: I want that Moon Rover RC car Concept as a skin for Jimmy.

And yeah I know skins just normally change the look of the thing while keeping the same animations… but come on- it can’t be too much harder to make a rolling version that still functions identical to default Jimmy in chasing down and scanning enemies- but without the flying. ;)