What cut content do you think klei should bring back

I think they could refine the lilly pad monster a bit more make them like DST version of lilly pad, add them close to waterlogged biome so you would know that you close to the biome, also please Klei add wheat back other grains in this new Arc I just want to eat beard all day.

Something that is extremely important to remember is that things are cut/removed for a reason.
Even if something is completely finished, animation, code, and sound wise, it can be removed if it doesn't fit the dev visions for the final product.
Things are never dropped for no reason.

With that said, if I were to pick, it'd be Fumeagator. My friend and I dug up its files in DS a long time ago and now we finally get to see what it looks like. I like gators and think another one wouldn't be pushing it. Either that, or the Koalawarg, a lunar/moon storm hunt is really needed!

5 minutes ago, -Variant said:

Something that is extremely important to remember is that things are cut/removed for a reason.
Even if something is completely finished, animation, code, and sound wise, it can be removed if it doesn't fit the dev visions for the final product.
Things are never dropped for no reason

Well, we know that Klei is willing to bring back old ideas and unimplemented features, just look at grass gator they were refined to fit the update, and I'm sure that they can bring back more unimplemented features.

1 minute ago, Waoling said:

Well, we know that Klei is willing to bring back old ideas and unimplemented features, just look at grass gator they were refined to fit the update, and I'm sure that they can bring back more unimplemented features.

Some people were thinking DST is a finished and completed game and that Klei would move on to something like a DST 2 or Whatever, but the reality of things is the game just officially released TODAY on Nintendo consoles… so I would expect a steady stream of content to keep those new players on the Switch satisfied.

We also know this entire years roadmap is to “set the stage” for 2023/2024 updates.

I would say there is a very high chance we will see many cut/unimplemented things brought into the game during that time.

I would love to see both the Screecher & Slipstor added officially.

the shadow hand at the edge of the sea, there is no point of having an invisible wall like 90's videogames when that sprite is already done

the grotto "prototype" with all that bug houses, bug lamps and the moth-owl. All that things can make another cave biome interesting and the desings are too good

the 1st mushlight design was so good, it should came even if is just a skin

the giant horseshoe crab was promising, i want a giant roaming thing in the sea

sw should get bishops and rooks, their design was cool

edit. oh and the otters and lilypad little fella from the waterlogged biome

also wes' balloon sword

1 hour ago, Waoling said:

Like I said, a lot of things were cut for a reason. I'm sure if there's something Klei wants to add, they'll add it. I don't think them being a fan favorite alone is going to do it. I.E Slipstor.

Ultimately I feel like grass Gator wasn't brought back due to feedback but rather we just got to see its earlier design before it went live on accident. They even showed off the old design in the stream which was very nice!

7 hours ago, Waoling said:

We know that Klei are willing to bring back and refine cut content to fit the update, so what cut content do you think Klei should refine and bring back, and should they refine and bring back more cut content?

Do I even have to say it?IMG_0996-1-1.png.12b77e24402532337d3ae8d9b350194e.png

6 hours ago, -Variant said:

Things are never dropped for no reason.

No! The devs cut content because they are EVIL!!! I'm sure they're in their offices going "Hohoho, what piece of content will we cut from our next update to be EVIL"

"Artists vision"? Sounds like some hippy stuff!

Archived