The world of the last game you play ( not DS/T ) mix with DS/T world

The world of the last game you play ( not DS/T ) mix with DS/T world  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to play it

The last game I play is Endless Space 2, the constant would be a unique planet, a planet with 2 anomalies (a living moon and dangerous darkness)  1  Luxury Resources (nightmare fuel), they would turn into heroes after a faction Establish an outpost on the constant, every time you see them the portrait will change to the next survivors, the 24 survivors would be categorized as the constantean along with other constant civilization.

The survivors' interaction with different factions and races would be so interesting, Wigfrid would get along well with The Vaulters, Wolfgang has flashbacks with The United Empire, Wickerbottom do the science part of The Sophons while Wilson does the failing part, Wormwood bond with The Unfallen while Woodie tries to restrain himself from cutting them, WX-78 sympathize with The Riftborn, Wheeler explores The Nakalim ruin while Maxwell tries to understand its magic.

I just played Deep Rock Galatic 5 minutes ago: Wilson would be sent to an allien planet without civilization and dangerous wildlife to mine space thucelite for a mining company that doesn't pay him well and treats him like a disposable asset.
He would also have a minigun to get rid of big space bugs - Willow could have the flametrower.

This is their world equivalent to gloomer:

Lootbug.PNG.ff1c959c1d6c0d334b3432574394c89b.PNG
But you kill those everytime because they hold precious minerals.

Let's see...the last game I played...I guess that'd be Dungeons of Dredmor (yes I know it's old, it's still fun) which is a stylized snarky Canadian-made roguelike with tons of monsters all over the place, an iconic weird bird creature, crafting, farming (if you're a Mushroom Farmer) and lots of cool items but also a distressing amount of "Why don't I ever have any ROOM?!" when you actually find said cool items.  The customisability of the main character means your abilities can vary wildly from game to game.  And, of course, if you're unlucky or uncareful, you can die at any moment.

So in other words it's _nothing_ like Don't Starve. 

;)

Okay okay serious answer, I guess the tone would become a lot snarkier with even _more_ pop-culture references, and maybe Inconsequentia, the Goddess of Sidequests would try to battle Charlie for the title of Head Beeyotch In Charge, or something, I dunno.  Maybe the Lutefisk God could be somehow related to Merm culture.  Also it all takes place indoors, so the survivors/dungeoneers would not have to worry about weather anymore, so there's that.  (They would, however, have to worry about floor traps showing up like _every five feet_...)

...Notorious

So that's the genesis project. It has a crafting system where you basically can fuse properties of two objects together to make a new object. There's two ways of doing this and they will have different results, the differences between which I'm not gong to explain. Not all objects have only one recipe tho.

I definitively don't expect this sort of system to be implemented in DST, but it has some potentially interesting items for this, like red lantern, spork, turfs, umbrellas, friendly fruit fly fruit, bottles, jelly salad, apple cider, grass, jelly beans, koalefant trunk, etc

(No, I did not read the thing the game is based on. I know there are some differences. Don't even ask why I'm playing it.)

I played Warframe last time. So ya gimme space guns, void magic and nearly unkillable frames so i can with ease murder everything in the Constant.

Ironically Charlie has all the qualifications to be an "Operator"

Down to sitting in chair all the time and manifesting her presence all over the realm.

6 hours ago, Picklesaurus said:

I just played Deep Rock Galatic 5 minutes ago: Wilson would be sent to an allien planet without civilization and dangerous wildlife to mine space thucelite for a mining company that doesn't pay him well and treats him like a disposable asset.
He would also have a minigun to get rid of big space bugs - Willow could have the flametrower.

This is their world equivalent to gloomer:

Lootbug.PNG.ff1c959c1d6c0d334b3432574394c89b.PNG
But you kill those everytime because they hold precious minerals.

The sad parte of this is that Wilson can not go for the eyes of the glyptids

Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Empa505 said:

Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus Wungus Bungus!!!!!!

can't wait to die from a Nightmare-Touched Abigail.

I'm obsessed with Psychonauts it's the best game because it reminds me of Coraline, I don't know how to explain the game without spoiling too much but it's the best steam game I've played. (I don't recommend buying the VR game that is a prequel to the second game, so I always recommend just watching a playthrough with no commentary since it's a 1-2 hour point and click VR game that's 20 bucks) 

5 hours ago, SecretPizzaMan said:

Let's say the last game I played was Deltarune. 

Please fix this for me, DST and Deltarune are completely incompatible in my mind, I can't make a story where it makes a sliver of sense.

no way spamtom maxwell?!

I dunno if it counts, but I've _already_ done my own home-brew Don't Starve universe + Some Other Game experiment:  Don't Starve Together meets the Sims 3:

willowbythefirepit.png.d6a880bde7197f68f257d54e67df7a6d.png

Sim-Willow here had to live outside with a tent as her only shelter/privacy, her only ways of dealing with the weather were this firepit, seasonal-appropriate clothing, umbrellas and parasols (walls and a roof?  air conditioning/furnace?  HA HA HA HA HA HA HA), kept bees (and yes, they can sting you), fished in a pond, gardened, and every full moon her camp/"house" would be invaded by zombies (who always attacked her garden when they couldn't get her, for some reason.)  Also she worked part-time in a graveyard, and liked to go scavenging out in the desert wasteland for random supplies. 
AND, she even caught a _teddy bear_ in the claw machine at the summer carnival on her very first try, which was also her first day of existence.  I took that as a sign, and named him Bernie (yes, you can name them)!  He's a cyborg-bear, but eh, good enough.  She bought the umbrella and parasol with the "points" she'd won playing games at the same festival, as those were like, the only long-term _useful_ things there.  (The parasol isn't just a weaker version of the umbrella in Sims 3, but instead is specifically for sun--as parasols are in real life.)

I think I captured the feel _pretty_ decently, considering of course I also had to worry about other needs such as bathroom and hygeine, and put in items the DS franchise doesn't even have to take care of those.  I kinda tried to put them out of the way, like behind trees and such.

Spoiler

And THEN there's That One Time:   Willow was away at work (as a gravekeeper) and an old guy showed up, wandered around looking lost, and died on her property.  Then later that night a zombie showed up, tried to get into the tent and failed (zombies are very polite, apparently), then wandered around...and when she saw the grave of the old man, she started crying!  Sobbing her eyes out!  It was so weird and sad.  Then I moused over her and the old man's grave and realised: _they had the same last name_.  This was probably her father or something! (judging from their ages)

So THERE'S a bit of gothic spooky sadness for you.  AND one of my best/most WTF?! Sims stories ever--and anybody who's been/known a Simmer for a while knows that you get a LOT of weird stories over the years.

Oh, and to make it even weirder, Willow _had a crush on the dead guy's ghost_.  (We've secretly replaced your regular Willow with an older Wendy!  Will they notice?)  Apparently she found him good-looking, and wasn't about to let a little transparency change that.

She was also a kleptomaniac, and kept coming home with random bits of stone furniture from the graveyard.  XD

Also as you can see, I decided to base right next to the portal.  Noob!
(that's actually a time-travel device but that's not important right now)

...and made a mockup of DST with oldschool Final Fantasy

dstff.png.42d19b50ba008773dccd0f18fc1a215d.png

...although this isn't actually playable, unfortunately.  : P  I so would, if it was.

...Notorious

17 hours ago, SecretPizzaMan said:

Let's say the last game I played was Deltarune. 

Please fix this for me, DST and Deltarune are completely incompatible in my mind, I can't make a story where it makes a sliver of sense. 

(Also the last game I played was Mario kart deluxe 8).

Are the last game you Mario Kart or Deltarune?

If it was Mario, then the constant would be an island somewhere in the world, when Mario first arrives at the island all of the survivors would be surprised, Mario would recuse them and invite them to Mario kart, the survivors must now learn to live again in this new and strange world.

If it was Deltarune, then the constant would be a dark world, the dark world would be at backstage storage, the survivors would aid the party, you can summon them to help attack or act, there a town of mannequins that fit with personality type, and specials mannequins that fit with certain characters archetype.

Archived