DST is Coming to Nintendo Switch April 12th +More!

2 hours ago, JoeW said:

Will this be available on Playstation?

At this time we don't know. We're trying, but unfortunately, the requirements to get this on to Playstation are more than a studio our size can handle for such a service.

Ugh, Sony being a pain in the ass for smaller studios again. 

Anything else?

Maybe the skins from the Funko pops? They are outsold in my and many other countries and a lot of the vendors that still "have them" end up being a fraud as the figurine is delivered without the code :( had that happen to me twice already...

Sucks to be a playstation user right now.. PC is borked and i wanted to take advantage of this, i wanted to use my 20kish spool on some of the new skins. 

I might check out the switch version but i will definitley be waiting for details, i have concerns for how well the game will play on such old hardware as well as what nintendo will price it as. I'm not paying a crazy amount for a game i own on 2 other platforms.

2 hours ago, JoeW said:

How are drops affected?
All connected accounts will share a single drop pool once connected. All connected platform accounts will act as 1 single Klei Account. 

So what you're saying is I should hurry to spend hundreds of dollars on an Xbox before the merger happens to farm the 3 cent skins on both Xbox and PC and mass riches beyond anyone's wildest dreams. 

9 minutes ago, Pinkamena11FazP said:

How will Nintendo online effect the game? As due to Nintendo forcing a Subscription to play online it'd pretty much kill the whole "Together" part of Don't starve Together, you won't be able do do the best part of the game if you can't afford or don't want to pay for a subscription.

You can’t play the “Together” part of DST on Xbox without an Xbox Live Subscription, it should come as no surprise that Nintendo Online would be the same way.

Im also pretty sure you need a PlayStation Plus Subscription for “Together” on PS4/5

The only platform that doesn’t require a paid premium subscription for online features is I’m assuming the PC version.

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

The only platform that doesn’t require a paid premium subscription for online features is I’m assuming the PC version.

exactly, we dont pay for connecting to internet like every other device. Damn greedy console companies...i remember that time when i could connect my nintendo consoles on internet without paying a penny

edit: costumers should stop acepting that kind of bad practise

2 hours ago, nome said:

Yes, but once merging is ready we're going to work on a deduplicator (useful for all accounts but especially merged ones) to eliminate excess loyal items.

I like my duplicate skins so I hope it's optional! :)

Isn't it possible for Playstation maybe also to log in with Klei Account or merge just logging to the klei account page and check your wardrobe? Or is it a problem with currency and ps store?

I was really excited... I would also pay for a premium feature that do so.. 

A quick question for clarity sake, would you qualify this as a update? In the March Qol post, it was stated that- 

"While part of the team has been working on putting in the final touches on the crafting menu changes, the rest of the team has been hard at work on the next two updates."

just wondering if this counts as one of the two, with this being one and other the rework that is in the works. 

(the rework of course probably being the basis for this question to begin with, I am eagerly awaiting this one)

• Developer
2 hours ago, Cheggf said:

I like my duplicate skins so I hope it's optional! :)

Yes, definitely optional. 

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Im not saying there ever will be but IF a X/S version of DST were to be made- would it still be able to share my skins across the above mentioned platforms?

Skins are already shared between all consoles in a family (like PS4/PS5 or the various xboxes) without needing to do merging.

If they use the same account then they're the same KU and thus the same inventory.

2 hours ago, Peyo33 said:

Isn't it possible for Playstation maybe also to log in with Klei Account or merge just logging to the klei account page and check your wardrobe? Or is it a problem with currency and ps store?

It's not a technical limitation. Our business person is working with our Sony rep to see what can be done - but mad props to her for getting us so many platforms! This is something I've wanted to make happen since before DST even launched!

This is awesome! You guys are always working hard at bringing us new content and features at your own expense. Even if I wasn't an ambassador I'd still tell people to buy the skin packs to support you guys in your efforts. Great company and great community. <3 

I don't really want to speculate too much when we don't have the information on how this will work but this could allow for account selling so the buyer can connect accounts.

I am hopeful that klei will solve the loopholes before this goes live.

4 hours ago, Pinkamena11FazP said:

How will Nintendo online effect the game? As due to Nintendo forcing a Subscription to play online it'd pretty much kill the whole "Together" part of Don't starve Together, you won't be able do do the best part of the game if you can't afford or don't want to pay for a subscription.

It's already like that in Xbox and PS.

Wow very cool. I have been playing my Switch more by far lately than my other consoles.

Klei , is it possible to do an offline system link option with players in the same room ? That's one of the Switchs best attributes is most multiplayer games having a system to system option instead of straight up online. Please consider adding this as an option.

8 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

exactly, we dont pay for connecting to internet like every other device. Damn greedy console companies...i remember that time when i could connect my nintendo consoles on internet without paying a penny

edit: costumers should stop acepting that kind of bad practise

ROFLMAO, you actually have to pay to play online?

As if consoles weren't a joke already. There must be some kind of misunderstanding, i find it impossible to believe you have to pay for online play. And people not only keep buying consoles, they also pay that one of top of it. No way.

36 minutes ago, reallychina said:

ROFLMAO, you actually have to pay to play online?

As if consoles weren't a joke already. There must be some kind of misunderstanding, i find it impossible to believe you have to pay for online play. And people not only keep buying consoles, they also pay that one of top of it. No way.

Not surprising as a cost to quality comparison even paying online it is still cheaper to own a console and play said games on it for years then it is to buy a pc. Unless you are financing a pc (which is a bad idea imo) buying a pc that is on par with current generation consoles is expensive upfront, even taking into account the money you spend on the subscription. Consoles have a massive market due to their plug and play nature and being overall cheaper for its lifespan then buying a comparable pc.

Archived