DST is Coming to Nintendo Switch April 12th +More!

I am able to access only offline so maybe servers or login system is not live yet. I hope there will be day 0 patch. Otherwise it is outdated. It looks like it is up to date till Webber rework(from menu screen splash screen) from the looks of it. Performance after just generating world is not great as well. I hope someone from Devs will clarify this.

Unfortunately the best we can do is let you know when we confirm everything is up and running. Nintendo runs the eshop, not us - we weren't given an ETA on when the game would be live. 

21 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Unfortunately the best we can do is let you know when we confirm everything is up and running. Nintendo runs the eshop, not us - we weren't given an ETA on when the game would be live. 

Sorry to rant (specially as the first post as I am a switch only player) but clearly are there a few things you could have been done - instead of now blaming it on Nintendo entirely. 

Klei decided to simple say: Released on 12th April and did not say anymore. But there would have been a ton of things you could have shared upfront. 

1. Price of 14,99€
2. discount of 60% while owning dont starve. 
3. update level of DST on switch 

4. if there will be a day one patch (I was not even able to create an offline world without game crash lol)

5. update plan down the road to align with other platforms 

All of those points are completely in your responsibility and not sharing any of those literally mean you ****** up a huge release on a well selling Plattform.

And it is even more shame on you as players literally asked questions within your announcement thread days before and you simple ignored them. 

1 minute ago, Vendurian said:

Sorry to rant (specially as the first post as I am a switch only player) but clearly are there a few things you could have been done - instead of now blaming it on Nintendo entirely. 

Klei decided to simple say: Released on 12th April and did not say anymore. But there would have been a ton of things you could have shared upfront. 

1. Price of 14,99€
2. discount of 60% while owning dont starve. 
3. update level of DST on switch 

4. if there will be a day one patch (I was not even able to create an offline world without game crash lol)

5. update plan down the road to align with other platforms 

All of those points are completely in your responsibility and not sharing any of those literally mean you ****** up a huge release on a well selling Plattform.

And it is even more shame on you as players literally asked questions within your announcement thread days before and you simple ignored them. 

All that info is in my post I have once we confirm things are running. Unfortunately the way that things go during a release like this, we don't have a lot of this information (like whether we can issue a day one patch) doesn't happen until the day of a release depending on when stuff is approved. 

9 minutes ago, meow meow meow said:

can you show a snapshot of the title screen perhaps? id be concerned if its the webber rework one cause uh... that was almost a year ago

Well I am afraid that this is the case. So we quite few updates back. I guess it was my fault that I assume this will be up to date version. But it would have been nice if in reveal notes there have been notice that it will be out of date and that eventualy it will catch up.

BB71D020-4F1D-4B1D-805D-D0E4A06880CF.jpeg

198C9215-E5F9-48DB-B34E-39C02DEED7BD.jpeg

Just now, Koipa said:

Well I am afraid that this is the case. So we quite few updates back. I guess it was my fault that this will be up to date version. But it would be nice if in reveal notes there have been notice that it will be out of date and that eventualy it will catch up.

seems like these concerns were addressed here, it should only be outdated for a few weeks

On 4/13/2022 at 1:38 AM, JoeW said:

Will it be released in the Japan region?

If JoeW is correct that Klei has not been given an ETA, then [Don't Starve: Nintendo Switch Edition] released in 2018 has been unfairly prevented from being sold (released) by Nintendo for over 4 years only in Japan.

Please check and disclose the status again in each country.
Finally, I am attaching the current search results from the Nintendo Store.

We are waiting for the day when we can play DST on Nintendo Switch.

The Japanese text before translation is also attached for your reference.

Spoiler

日本リージョンでの発売はされるのでしょうか?

JoeWの言う通りKleiにETAが与えられていないと言うのなら2018年に発売された[Don't Starve: Nintendo Switch Edition]は日本に限っては4年以上任天堂に不当に販売(リリース)を阻止されているということになります。

各国における再度のステータスチェックと開示をお願いします。
最後に現在のニンテンドーストアの検索結果を添付します。

DSTをNintendo Switchで遊べる日を待っています。

Japan Nintendo Store:

2022y04m19d_130110085.thumb.jpg.37e47f9993d60f4e16498d1386a98bd6.jpg

North America Nintendo Store:

2022y04m19d_130118466.thumb.jpg.ef9060921fa0b1cfaea7c98491b7148f.jpg

hello klei,I am a player from China,I want to know when we can share skin,i often use steam and wegame to play dont starve together with my friends , so I can't wait to share my skin.I hope you can launch it as soon as possible. and i wish klei will better than better.Thank you so much.

• Developer
10 hours ago, lovekleibest said:

hello klei,I am a player from China,I want to know when we can share skin,i often use steam and wegame to play dont starve together with my friends , so I can't wait to share my skin.I hope you can launch it as soon as possible. and i wish klei will better than better.Thank you so much.

Coming very soon. We had to delay due to a bug in one of our platform partners' APIs but we've been told that bug is resolved as of 1am (Vancouver time) so we're just doing cleanup and testing now. We're very excited to get this feature out to everyone, it's something my team has wanted to make happen since before DST even launched!

于 2022 年 4 月 20 日凌晨 3:07,诺姆 说道:

好的,wx78更新会推出“共享解锁”吗?或更早?我迫不及待地想享受它。

On 4/20/2022 at 3:07 AM, nome said:

Coming very soon. We had to delay due to a bug in one of our platform partners' APIs but we've been told that bug is resolved as of 1am (Vancouver time) so we're just doing cleanup and testing now. We're very excited to get this feature out to everyone, it's something my team has wanted to make happen since before DST even launched!

OK, will "share unlock" be launched with wx78 update? Or earlier? I can't wait to enjoy it.

I think I was deceived, when the announcement was announced on the Switch I was very excited, I bought it on the day of the release, but the account interconnection has not yet been opened, the version of the game is not the latest, why not announced in advance, but no matter how I still love him, I hope to specifically tell the date of account communication

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uddjS_BI2Jg

https://store-jp.nintendo.com/list/software/70010000049882.html
Thank you Klei, I am very happy to hear that.

Don't Starve Together on Nintendo Switch is now launchd in the Japan Region at 23pm, May 11,2022(JST).
If Klei has taken any action for this, we thank them for their action.

The following speculation is an evil one...

Spoiler

I get the vibe that Nintendo's Japan region is the only region that has the custom of "aligning with Indie World" when releasing an indie game by making a Japanese commentary video and introducing it in the "Indie World" video before releasing it.

In addition, I am concerned about the fact that the Japanese translation of the game's display in the video is "obviously mistranslated," which is also used in other consumer game versions.
The Japanese translation of the word "rot" is not "堕落 - 'daraku'(corruption)" but 'Rotten things(腐った物)'.

I2022y05m12d_221958311.thumb.jpg.21f8f6f1ab69deb158beabef5499fe46.jpgt is not only the Japanese translation, but if you are going to use machine translation, please have a cross-checking system in place.

Spoiler

Kleiありがとうございます。
日本時間の2022.5.11 午後11時頃から日本リージョンでもDon't Starve Together on Nintendo Switchが配信されるようになりました。
このためにKleiが何か行動を起こしてくれたのならば、その行動に感謝します。

以下の推察は邪推ではありますが…
任天堂の日本リージョンだけはインディーゲームを発売をする場合に日本語の解説動画を作って動画「Indie World」で紹介してから発売するという「Indie Worldに合わせる」が風習としてある雰囲気を受けます。

また、動画内でも表示の日本語訳において他のコンシューマーゲーム版でも使用されている「あきらかな誤訳」がそのまま適用しているのが気になります。
"rot"の日本語訳は"堕落"ではなく"腐った物"です。

日本語訳だけではありませんが、機械翻訳を通すのなら是非クロスチェック体制を整えてもらいたいです。

2022y05m12d_222703616.jpg

• Developer
9 hours ago, Keith Smithee said:

but if you are going to use machine translation, please have a cross-checking system in place

Believe it or not these are paid translations from translation companies, not machine translation (at least not on our part!)

Japanese is not the only language with this kind of issue though. We're investigating other options.

On 5/13/2022 at 7:47 AM, nome said:

Believe it or not these are paid translations from translation companies, not machine translation (at least not on our part!)

Japanese is not the only language with this kind of issue though. We're investigating other options.

I apologize for the machine translation and the statement.

We as non-English speaking users hope that the overall problem will be resolved.
(Blaming the translators does not help.)

How about creating a topic in the forum, not just DST, where people can feel free to post official translations, text and string issues?
The current form of posting on the bug-tracker is very cumbersome.

Spoiler

機械翻訳と発言した事はお詫びします。

私たち英語圏外のユーザーとしては全体的に問題が解消される事を望みます。
(翻訳担当者を責めてもどうにもなりません。)

DSTに限らずフォーラムで公式の翻訳やテキスト、文字列に関する問題を気軽に投稿できるトピックを作ってはどうでしょうか?
現在のバグトラッカーに投稿する形態は非常に面倒です。

Archived