DST is Coming to Nintendo Switch April 12th +More!

1 hour ago, themightyone said:

Wow very cool. I have been playing my Switch more by far lately than my other consoles.

Klei , is it possible to do an offline system link option with players in the same room ? That's one of the Switchs best attributes is most multiplayer games having a system to system option instead of straight up online. Please consider adding this as an option.

To note: sometimes similarly structured games allow account unlockables from the host to be used by players playing through such a link. Would be neat to see it.
Could function through temporary 'accounts' to keep track between shard transitions, like KU-ASDMNa$5$#M%%N-1, KU-ASDMNa$5$#M%%N-2, ect.
Also might want to give such linked players a timer that drops their items at last location after 5 minutes server-time of being absent.

ye

13 minutes ago, Dwasint said:

Not surprising as a cost to quality comparison even paying online it is still cheaper to own a console and play said games on it for years then it is to buy a pc. Unless you are financing a pc (which is a bad idea imo) buying a pc that is on par with current generation consoles is expensive upfront, even taking into account the money you spend on the subscription. Consoles have a massive market due to their plug and play nature and being overall cheaper for its lifespan then buying a comparable pc.

The cost is similar if you use them for a couple years. Plus you can do so much more with a PC than you can with a console. Plus you can upgrade a PC, you can't upgrade a console. You can even sell your PC parts to buy better ones. It's absolutely not cheaper to own a console, it's just cheaper to buy one.

Last but not least, you can actually play games like a decent person using a mouse on PC. So many game genres are utter trash without mouse.

2 hours ago, reallychina said:

The cost is similar if you use them for a couple years. Plus you can do so much more with a PC than you can with a console. Plus you can upgrade a PC, you can't upgrade a console. You can even sell your PC parts to buy better ones. It's absolutely not cheaper to own a console, it's just cheaper to buy one.

Last but not least, you can actually play games like a decent person using a mouse on PC. So many game genres are utter trash without mouse.

Have you ever thought that many people prefer controllers over KB+Mouse?

I use to play on PC nearly 2 decades ago I played the Baldurs Gate games, now days PCs allow you to plug up console controllers to them which is Okay I guess.. but the point of buying an Xbox Wireless controller is for it to in fact.. be Wireless.

There may be Wireless ones on PC NOW but back in my day everything was attached to a juicy wire my house cats loved chewing up.  Xbox, PlayStation & Nintendo all have a premium subscription service, you have to pay a fee per month to play online- for my Xbox live It runs 15$ a month.

Which is also likely why the world is currently laughing at Rockstar thinking Anyone in their right mind wants to pay a monthly subscription service for GTA+..

Ahem anyway- before that gets way off topic- Console players pay more and get a worse experience, no access to cool mods which Klei devs have even acknowledged in past posts (Mainly Reforged & Gorged mods) Ported Controls that were clearly designed for optimal use with a KB + Mouse, Lowered player counts- on Xbox we don’t even get Klei official or dedicated servers- Yet I’m paying 15$ a month for my Xbox subscription.

Is it Klei’s fault that I pay that? No, the only thing I’d say Klei is responsible for is making sure the console controllers are as optimized as PC mouse+KB but even with that- they have limitations.

each platform has its own pro’s & cons, just like I’m pretty certain Switch edition will use the switches unique controls, it all depends on what platform you feel most comfortable playing on/ the exclusives/what most your friends play on/ preferred controller-mouse/ you get the idea..

18 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Have you ever thought that many people prefer controllers over KB+Mouse?

I use to play on PC nearly 2 decades ago I played the Baldurs Gate games, now days PCs allow you to plug up console controllers to them which is Okay I guess.. but the point of buying an Xbox Wireless controller is for it to in fact.. be Wireless.

There may be Wireless ones on PC NOW but back in my day everything was attached to a juicy wire my house cats loved chewing up.  Xbox, PlayStation & Nintendo all have a premium subscription service, you have to pay a fee per month to play online- for my Xbox live It runs 15$ a month.

Which is also likely why the world is currently laughing at Rockstar thinking Anyone in their right mind wants to pay a monthly subscription service for GTA+..

Ahem anyway- before that gets way off topic- Console players pay more and get a worse experience, no access to cool mods which Klei devs have even acknowledged in past posts (Mainly Reforged & Gorged mods) Ported Controls that were clearly designed for optimal use with a KB + Mouse, Lowered player counts- on Xbox we don’t even get Klei official or dedicated servers- Yet I’m paying 15$ a month for my Xbox subscription.

Is it Klei’s fault that I pay that? No, the only thing I’d say Klei is responsible for is making sure the console controllers are as optimized as PC mouse+KB but even with that- they have limitations.

each platform has its own pro’s & cons, just like I’m pretty certain Switch edition will use the switches unique controls, it all depends on what platform you feel most comfortable playing on/ the exclusives/what most your friends play on/ preferred controller-mouse/ you get the idea..

i'm not dragging klei into this, they just adapt to the market.

I find it absurd however how people were swindled and marketed to so that they buy a product that is worse, more expensive overall, has a fraction of the functions of a PC and it also makes most games play much worse. and makes many game genres literally unplayable.

console controllers used to all be corded. Now they may be wireless, but so are PC controllers if you want one so... it's not like being able to play controller is only available to consoles

my mind is so blown that on top of all the console downsides you also have to pay a subscription to play online i can't even

My nephews are going to be so excited, I got DS for the switch last year and they've been hooked on it ever since. They even have a diorama on their dresser with some DS figures. They haven't stopped asking when is DST coming out because they want to use the skins the Funko Pops came with. Also hopefully they do a special because I did also get a few other people stuck on this game. My brother, his girlfriend, and a coworker of mine. Also hope they do a physical copy and not just digital like DS, it saves memory that way.

22 hours ago, Cheggf said:

So what you're saying is I should hurry to spend hundreds of dollars on an Xbox before the merger happens to farm the 3 cent skins on both Xbox and PC and mass riches beyond anyone's wildest dreams. 

nooooo you can't get the 1 triumphant wx body!

it will ruin the economy

Hey guys.. if the 12th is the release date for DST on Nintendo Switch then that means that Nintendo Players first official content update will be whatever Klei has planed out for the month of April..

I am assuming it’s the WX78 rework.

I was super stoked about Switch DST, but now I'm bummed out since I play PS4...it's crazy had I been able to share my item, character, and skins to switch I would have quit PS4 DST all together haha..imma buy it and hope it's implemented..crossing fingers

On 3/30/2022 at 2:25 PM, JoeW said:

DST_Switch_Launch.jpg

It's been a long time coming, but Don't Starve Together launches on Nintendo Switch on April 12, 2022! And with it, we have cooked up a special treat. 

Wait what?! 

Since the launch of Don't Starve Together we have been building resources for our players to be able to get cool item skins in lots of different ways. Soon, players will be able to share these skins across participating platforms. 

We expect this to launch around the time of the Nintendo Switch launch, we're just finalizing some things and it will be good to go soon. 

We know there are going to be a bunch of questions about this, some of which we have the answers to below. 

Will this be available on Playstation?
At this time we don't know. We're trying, but unfortunately, the requirements to get this on to Playstation are more than a studio our size can handle for such a service.

We have been preparing for this for a long time and now that we have several platforms ready to participate, we decided to move forward. We understand that this is going to be very disappointing for some players and we want you to know that if/when we can make this happen for you, we will implement it as soon as we possibly can. 

How will this work?
We'll have more details as this is released, but when players get drops, these drops are granted to your Klei Account and that's what you have in-game. Soon, you will be able to merge multiple platform accounts onto a single Klei Account and seamlessly use your items on everything connected. This includes crockpot recipes, plant registry, item skins and characters that you gained through drops including woven characters and skins.

Bolts (Premium Currency) cannot be shared between platforms. 

How are drops affected?
All connected accounts will share a single drop pool once connected. All connected platform accounts will act as 1 single Klei Account. 

Does that mean we get Crossplay soon?
No, but maybe? Just like shared items, crossplay is something we would love to do. However along with it being a lot of work to implement these are things that aren't necessarily accessible to smaller teams like ours. But times are changing and hopefully in the future things like this will be made easier for all developers. 

Anything else?
The team is still working on finishing up this feature. We'll have more information at the time of release including details on account merging and what to expect as the feature releases. 

DST_unlocks.jpg

How much Will don’t starve together switch cost

How much will don’t starve together switch cost

On 3/31/2022 at 1:25 AM, JoeW said:

DST_Switch_Launch.jpg

It's been a long time coming, but Don't Starve Together launches on Nintendo Switch on April 12, 2022! And with it, we have cooked up a special treat. 

Wait what?! 

Since the launch of Don't Starve Together we have been building resources for our players to be able to get cool item skins in lots of different ways. Soon, players will be able to share these skins across participating platforms. 

We expect this to launch around the time of the Nintendo Switch launch, we're just finalizing some things and it will be good to go soon. 

We know there are going to be a bunch of questions about this, some of which we have the answers to below. 

Will this be available on Playstation?
At this time we don't know. We're trying, but unfortunately, the requirements to get this on to Playstation are more than a studio our size can handle for such a service.

We have been preparing for this for a long time and now that we have several platforms ready to participate, we decided to move forward. We understand that this is going to be very disappointing for some players and we want you to know that if/when we can make this happen for you, we will implement it as soon as we possibly can. 

How will this work?
We'll have more details as this is released, but when players get drops, these drops are granted to your Klei Account and that's what you have in-game. Soon, you will be able to merge multiple platform accounts onto a single Klei Account and seamlessly use your items on everything connected. This includes crockpot recipes, plant registry, item skins and characters that you gained through drops including woven characters and skins.

Bolts (Premium Currency) cannot be shared between platforms. 

How are drops affected?
All connected accounts will share a single drop pool once connected. All connected platform accounts will act as 1 single Klei Account. 

Does that mean we get Crossplay soon?
No, but maybe? Just like shared items, crossplay is something we would love to do. However along with it being a lot of work to implement these are things that aren't necessarily accessible to smaller teams like ours. But times are changing and hopefully in the future things like this will be made easier for all developers. 

Anything else?
The team is still working on finishing up this feature. We'll have more information at the time of release including details on account merging and what to expect as the feature releases. 

DST_unlocks.jpg

I Would like to know What time you release on Eshop?

2 hours ago, Teeraphat621 said:

I Would like to know What time you release on Eshop?

It’s 12am where I live, I’m not sure how the Eshop on Nintendo consoles works but on PlayStation & Xbox most games releases are at 12am the day of release you can download and start playing..

I will ping @JoeW so I’m not just giving you misinformation, but most “Digital” downloads should be live right now?

46 minutes ago, Rosatg6 said:

hello. The nintendo switch game has not come out. Can you tell me when it will come out? They indicated that it would be released on April 12 and it has not been released.

Just keep refreshing this page

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/dont-starve-together-switch/

&/Or the EShop.

Its also possible that the game hit a last minute Delay, because that link shows it’s release date as TBD (To Be Determined) you’ll know in a few hours when someone on the Dev Team announces something.

Archived