March Quality of Life Beta is Live!

4 minutes ago, zarklord_klei said:

This got missed from the initial patch notes, it has been added now

• Multiple world events (Winters Feast, Year of the Carrat, Midsummer Cawnival, ect) can now be enabled at the same time, you can find these new settings in the world settings menu.

Wait what really i can have events gallore in a single world?

That's so cool yet chaotic.. I love it! Can't wait to try that out.

1 minute ago, BezKa said:

First world problems- I upgraded my PC recently and the loading screens last so short I can't read any of the lore :')

Big brain tactic if you are on Steam : F12 them and read them later :D

• Like 1

Update looks great. Any chance to have an option to have pins be global instead of world based? I don't really want to change the pins around based on where I am and needing to reset them every time I join a server would be slightly inconvenient. Plus, even if I did want to change them around I could just change them.

And maybe that big area under the recipes could be a grid for picking skins. Make it easier to set up chests.

Edited by Cheggf
  • Like 1
  • Shopcat 1

32 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Feel free to suggest your ideas for new tips or themes for lore

Having a crockpot allows you to cook more complex dishes that can keep you full for longer or even give you special effects! -W

• Potato Cup 1

24 minutes ago, X-lem said:

So Malbastross doesn't drop these blueprints anymore? I feel like these items provided a reason to fight Malbatross. Now there's not much reason to fight her. hummmm

The only other way to get her feathers is from sunken chests and that's not reliable, so you're still going to need to fight her usually.

Anyways... Klei, I forgive you for Eye of the Storm, this... puts a smile on my face.

• Like 2
  • Wavey 1

A great QOL, very hyped for the release in the normal branch !

The 2 things making me sad though are the mightiness loss when getting hit, especially since it doesn't get reduced with armor and the lack of a setting for the eye/twins of terror to switch their spawn mechanic between what we have today and forcing them to spawn at the terrarium's location. Would prevent a lot of death/griefing on public servers.

Welp, we'll just have to see the tweaks this beta will have before it's official release. Can't wait to have fun with those changes alongside my friends !

Edited by Mario172

24 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

Having a crockpot allows you to cook more complex dishes that can keep you full for longer or even give you special effects! -W

From what I've seen, the tips are written more like diaries or research logs than guides. Perhaps something more like:

"I was tired of eating nothing but berries, so I decided to try and cook things together in a crock pot. The result: delicious and filling." -W

• Like 1
  • GL Happy 1

This might be one of the best Megabaser-friendly updates Ever. Even if said changes don't seem like much, they massively assist with basing in the endgame:

• ALL turfs now give 4 turfs per craft. This includes natural turf and manmade turfs.
  • Cobble turf got reworked. It now needs a cut stone + 2 flint for 4 cobblestones! Mud turf got reworked to be 1 rock and 1 ice.
  • The amount of loot you get from the guardian is MUCH more now. I was able to consistently get every ruins gem, thulecite fragments/thulecite, and a few ruins items. This means it's not as required to get nice ruins if you like to frequently use ancient items!

These are Wonderful changes! I am very happy these got into the game, and I love them a lot : )

• Like 12
  • GL Happy 2
  • Potato Cup 1

26 minutes ago, Hornete said:

The only other way to get her feathers is from sunken chests and that's not reliable, so you're still going to need to fight her usually.

Anyways... Klei, I forgive you for Eye of the Storm, this... puts a smile on my face.

It is for me xD I use them as tinder how often I get clogged up with malba feathers. After one fight I find I never need to fight it again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, engiSonic said:

From what I've seen, the tips are written more like diaries or research logs than guides. Perhaps something more like:

"I was tired of eating nothing but berries, so I decided to try and cook things together in a crock pot. The result: delicious and filling." -W

journal moment like old physical dont starve version? wilsons journal is now canon from that manual?

• Potato Cup 1

48 minutes ago, zarklord_klei said:

This got missed from the initial patch notes, it has been added now

• Multiple world events (Winters Feast, Year of the Carrat, Midsummer Cawnival, ect) can now be enabled at the same time, you can find these new settings in the world settings menu.

i love that

btw: shouldnt astral detector be on light sources tab?

• Like 1