March Quality of Life Beta is Live!

I really am enjoying this update, but can there be an option for the crafting menu to stay open while your cursor is not hovering on it, its annoying for it to close automatically when I move my cursor away from it.

I also like the Guardian boss changes it feels a lot less tedious to kill now, but I am surprised the Guardian horn didn't receive any additional crafts considering we saw a new darker form of the guardian. I hope the houndius shootius could also receive a buff of some sort for it requires a FW kill and waiting years until a free deerclops eyeball becomes available, maybe more than one houndi per craft?

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, spiderdian said:

While of course, improvement is always welcome, I'd totally wish we have a toggle between the styles. If not, I'm sure someone in the workshop will bruteforce such option anyway :P

It is not just a toggle for different styles. The hole system has changes and already uses stuff that wasn't possible before. Tbh I think the new crafting UI looks and feels great and fixes problems wie had before. 

Of course there are lot's of bugs, but it's an beta. Other than that insane QOL update (in a good way), thanks!

2 hours ago, Maxil20 said:

So, they changed hound attacks...

Hide contents

unknown.png

They might need to adjust them spawning Vargs. 1 1800 HP varg is already really hard to take down, let alone when it comes every few days. They might need to lower it's HP to compensate for the fact they kinda just come whenever.

I haven't played the beta enough to encounter this, but honestly I'm looking forward to these new hound attacks, partially because it will change up the gameplay a lot since hound attacks are one of the main dangers in the game. (Although I feel bad for all the new players who won't know what to do when this happens, so maybe something should be done about that).

• Like 1

Just now, thentor0802 said:

oh no, I don't really mind it entirely I still need to see how much mightiness is gained through fighting and other actions plus how easy it is to maintain mightiness whilst also taking hits. I also enjoy walter, I can handle some punishment for mistakes this part just sounds worrying to me since losing sanity isn't like losing mighty meter but it's just my initial reaction to these patch notes.

Everything else sounds pretty good to me, but I can't test it myself since I don't have access to the beta to try the numbers and tweaks first hand.

I hope the people who usually give us the analytics, numbers and video for the changes comes through for us soon.....

It's just, since the mightiness loss from taking hits can't be cushioned or negated through armor/apparel and mightiness isn't affected by items like food my concern is for when fighting bosses or mobs that do large amounts of damage in 1 swing.

Walter is the best comparison..... His sanity loss is equal to the amount of damage taken if you're wearing the pioneer hat and with wearing good body armor on top of that it can be pretty negligible losses even with a basic log suit and recovery can be quick if you have the sanity food as well.

Of course it still adds up rather quickly if caution isn't taken and too many hits are tanked..... But it sounds like wolf won't be able to have a safety net like that. Of course this is my speculation I can't play yet.

• Big Ups 1

6 minutes ago, Cloakingsumo198 said:

oh no, I don't really mind it entirely I still need to see how much mightiness is gained through fighting and other actions plus how easy it is to maintain mightiness whilst also taking hits. 

I just did a AG test with wolfgang, 2 hits you loose mightness. And when attacking you gain a few points btw 2-3 consecutives attacks. I just think it's hilarious that they want you to kite as wolfgang but take away his mov. speed, it also makes wolfgang harder to play as a new player. Honestly with base speed is impossible to stay mighty. 
The rework was already bad, now this is just shitting on us wtf 

Edited by thentor0802
  • Big Ups 2

This is awesome, love the new Ancient Guardian. But I really, REALLY hate the new crafting ui, first of all it looks way too complicated for new players, second, how will it work on controller? Please, PLEASE give us an option to switch back to the old one, I beg you.

• Like 2

Is the mightiness loss for wolfgang when he gets hit instant?

If so I have a suggestion, make the loss upon hit a DoT effect so that way the player has some time to "run away" in order to power down or if they feel brave enough to keep fighting eventually causing the "effect" to dissipate/weaken or if they get enough hits in at least they will "counteract" the loss by gaining might by continuing to fight.

If it becomes a DoT effect it should also stack.

Edited by Cloakingsumo198
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, GLERMZ said:

With all of that said, since it doesn't appear on the patch notes, is it intended that a Warg spawns with hounds everytime after day 100+ ?
If so, can we get any insight on why this change happened?

Sheesh I hope this doesn't stick :sad:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ok, I have a simple suggestion. I think everyone is used to the idea that one click equals crafting one item. Now you have to click at least twice to craft an item once. Maybe what you can do is add an option where you can right click an item once (from the full craft menu) to just craft it directly without activating the item description at the bottom of the UI. (Right now, the only way to click once to craft once is to bind the item to the tabs.)

And, just throwing this out there either as a mod idea or as an idea for Klei, maybe you can add one more UI element right under the item description where you can choose how many items to craft. Maybe it can be as simple as a box with a left and right arrow next to it and it won't let you increment past what you can craft. Or maybe you can type the number, and if the amount is over what you can craft, it will just craft the maximum amount capable. Also, maybe you could restrict this counter to items with the "inventoryitem" tag or items without placers...

Also little bug, when there are items in a chest that you can craft from, if you walk away from the chest, the items will still be lit up as craftable once the chest is already closed.

Another little bug, if auto-pause is disabled and you open the craft menu, you can still move around but you can't click on anything in the world or use the space bar while it's open. I actually like the idea of still being able to play with the full craft UI open, so you don't have to make it auto-close if the world is clicked...

(Also, the tooltips for the filters are a little low. It's difficult to see the filter you're currently on or the filters on the top row if you have your mouse on the bottom row...) (Lastly, you can't craft from the tabs if you have the whole craft UI open. You can only use the tabs if the full menu is closed.)

Edited by rawii22
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

It's... literally the same materials.

you can't rebuild a boat after it sinks because it still drops 4 boards and you can't turn them back into logs

also it's always nice to be able to make a boat from hammering pig houses if you want to and now you can't

plus everybody prefers storing large amounts of logs as boards instead as they stack twice as well and are just as useful, now you'll be forced to chop trees whether you like it or not

Edited by Guille6785
  • Like 4

I really like the new guardian moveset but uhh can we keep the old one too cause I really like the classic guardian fight and ill miss it the new one is fun but way too easy

My opinion keep old moves and have a way to revive the guardian only once before fuel weaver but with the new moveset this way we can have a second horn in case we lose it without doing fuel weaver all over and it will be a nice new challenge

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

you can't rebuild a boat after it sinks because it still drops 4 boards and you can't turn them back into logs

also it's always nice to be able to make a boat from hammering pig houses if you want to and now you can't

i think if boats dropping boards when destroyed is an issue, they should just drop logs instead. fixes that issue without locking boating to a research lab again

i really like the new boat kit recipe and how you can get out on the ocean from basically the instant you spawn in!! ive always liked treating the ocean like the downpour from the binding of isaac: an alternate early game with different environments and challenges to overcome for different rewards than normal, and i really really hope it stays science-less so you can do it first thing like this... would love to start my games by seeking out the lunar island for gold, then straight to pearls to start on finding treasures!!

• Like 5
  • Big Ups 1

3 minutes ago, meow meow meow said:

i think if boats dropping boards when destroyed is an issue, they should just drop logs instead. fixes that issue without locking boating to a research lab again

picking 16 logs off the ocean seems unnecessarily tedious when it could just be kept at 4 boards, if it ain't broke don't fix it honestly

not needing the think tank for the boats is great but I genuinely prefer being able to hammer pig houses for early boating

I think reducing the log cost to 8-10 would be a better compromise for everyone

Edited by Guille6785
  • Like 4

Just now, Guille6785 said:

picking 16 logs off the ocean seems unnecessarily tedious when it could just be kept at 4 boards, if it ain't broke don't fix it honestly

then it could probably drop in four stacks of four if its that big of a deal... this response feels kind of dismissive towards like the entire paragraph that was written below what you were responding to talking about how it being 16 logs makes gameplay a lot smoother in other contexts

• Like 1

Just now, Guille6785 said:

"if it aint broke dont fix it" is a weird attitude to apply to the QoL updates klei does that, almost exclusively, have taken things that already work and improved them massively despite them not being broken

• Like 2