March Quality of Life Beta is Live!

10 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

first impressions:

update is absolutely amazing, the menu is great tho I still think it need more color, but the way you can customize it is soo good. Crafting changes to turfs are also just great, would love if they'd stack up to more than 10 but still, amazing. 

AG is fun, definitely way better, and the loot table changes are very very welcome.

Wolf changes are also good, made gyms less mandatory, I think he's in a better place. Few bugs but it's to be expected, can't wait for it to go live to test on console. 

10/10 overall. 

Mind explaining what they changed about AG?

Please at least give us an option to keep the old crafting menu, going through the beta the new menu seems good only if your new or very experienced and only need to craft a few things you can favorite, for players who have played for a couple years but still aren’t experts (me) the menu will just add so much time to the game just to click around and find what I need. In my opinion the old menu made the game special and different than other games.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 1bubbainpa said:

what

in his second phase he continuously bleeds nightmare fuel, and sometimes these droplets are larger and spawn BIG shadow tentacles where they land. They can blend into the ground easily, so you'll have to keep an eye out. Also, Guardian's dummy thicc, and his asscheeks may block you from seeing the tentacles, so you'll have to rely on audio cues as well

Alright, I have played around with this beta, and here's what I have to say:

I have some mixed feelings about the new crafting menu, but that's probably because I am not totally used to it yet. I definitely like the ability to put certain items on quick access; however, the only thing is that we cannot quickly any of that item's skins without opening the menu and finding it again (we could always favorite it, but it would be nice to access the skins from the quick access). Also, I've heard some people complain about the size of the menu. Let them know that you can adjust the size of the menu, and independently from the rest of the HUD That's an awesome addition.

While I have not played around with the new Ancient Guardian fight, I think it looks alright. It used to be at best kind of meh, but now at worst it is "still good but meh"

The changes with Deerclops attack are problematic. I am not sure that it is intended for both the initial swing attack and the spike fx to do as much damage as they do, but I think it is a little much, especially for most player's first boss. The new attack hits hard without armor. Now, you probably should not get hit without armor, but still. It's just a little harsh, especially if the goal to be a little more friendly to newer players.

Okay, now time to talk about the Wolfgang changes. I'll probably get bashed for not being in complete agreement with the changes, but whatever. I am entitled to my own opinion.

I will admit, when Wolfgang's refresh was announced, I was in the group of people who were hesitant to accept the changes. Now, I did not go whining "Wolfgang ruined DST ruined" or anything like the same aggression as I had seen others' complaints, but I understand the concerns that many players have had. I have played Wolfgang for years, and seeing Wigfrid get better and better with no real disadvantages and Wolfgang getting a considerable nerf was not something I could see myself supporting. I really tried to accept the changes, but they've always been problematic for me. The mightiness meter forces the player to stop what they are doing to gain mightiness, and I have always hated being forced to do a more "passive" task to take advantage of it. It is such a waste of time. I will say that I do like the change that you gain mightiness while fighting/chopping/etc.. Now, out of all of the new proposed changes, I personally think the mightiness loss from getting hit, independent of armor, is not a great change. The penalty is negligible for weaker monsters, but with stronger monsters and bosses... oof. If the penalty was not as harsh as it was, or maybe if it could be mitigated to a degree with armor, it would not be as bad as it is. Bosses, especially as you progress towards the endgame, hit hard without armor. It is incredibly risky to get hit with Wolfgang now. The mightiness loss can be severe, and then you get stunlocked in the form transition, then you get hit again, and then you die. Now combined with the fun new Deerclops attack, this is a recipe for disaster if you accidentally get hit (also RIP deerclops tanking).

Also, vargs after day 100+? Really? If this had to stay, at least make the period between the attacks longer. Vargs are not terribly difficult, but still a little much to have to fight every few days.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

Also, Guardian's dummy thicc, and his asscheeks may block you from seeing the tentacles

I didn’t need to read this I don’t like this this triggers my fight or flight reaction

Edited by 1bubbainpa
literal hentai

I think the new AG fight is great, although the time he spends stunned is way too long, and the animations for the new pillars are a little WIP-like.

The new crafting tab feels amazing, it just needs a few tweaks here and there and it'll be great.

I still don't understand the new deerclops attack. Could someone please explain what's changed to me?

4 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

Feel free to suggest your ideas for new tips or themes for lore

My contribution

tip: "No one really knows where WX-78 originated, but that mysterious old scientist just might be the answer."

Edited by Nickolai
  • Like 1

From the stand point of everything that was announced here, honestly 10/10. More stuff than expected and honestly the UI felt even better than what i was expecting when i saw the screenshot.
AG fight still easy but atleast more fun, enganging and better looking, his loot re-worked which is awesome too.
Wolfgang changes are actually pretty great, even for someone like me who still misses his speed, but atleast his Mightness feels almost as easy to obtain and maintain as previously.

With all of that said, since it doesn't appear on the patch notes, is it intended that a Warg spawns with hounds everytime after day 100+ ?
If so, can we get any insight on why this change happened?

Keep up the great work,

Best Regards,

Glermz

Edited by GLERMZ
  • Like 9

5 minutes ago, GLERMZ said:

With all of that said, since it doesn't appear on the patch notes, is it intended that a Warg spawns with hounds everytime after day 100+ ?
If so, can we get any insight on why this change happened?

Oof I hope that one doesn't stick around. Even my group of friends, several of which consider themselves pretty bad at the game can make it to 100 easily, and at the rate attacks normally happen adding vargs to the mix make hound waves a lot less manageable and much more annoying.

I don't completely hate the idea, but it would work best if it was just a rare chance in later game waves or waves were less frequent. As is I think thats just gonna be a Hound waves: Off for a lot of players after day 100.

• Like 3

Just now, ScottHansen said:
Spoiler
  • Multiple world events (Winters Feast, Year of the Carrat, Midsummer Cawnival, ect) can now be enabled at the same time, you can find these new settings in the world settings menu.

Bug Fixes

Hide contents
  • Fixed a bug causing beeboxes to not grow honey when unloaded if they were unloaded in winter.

I havent played in A bit so idk what to think about most of these, but these are much appreciated.

I recently made A thread about having multiple events on at once, glad to see it in the beta!
Bee boxes!!!

47 minutes ago, 1bubbainpa said:

what

It's pretty cool the more it's damaged the more it starts to "bleed" shadows.

14 minutes ago, Ham3d said:

WOLF RIP

* 2 hit from bosses and his mighty go back to normal !

Yea i immediatley saw some glaring issues with that change the moment it was announced.

Good thing for me that i don't like Wolfgang anyways 

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 2

They somehow managed to make wolfgang worse. congrats guys....
The AG fight is literally the uncom mod fight, did they hired the mod team or something?

Also the crafting UI art style does not match the inv art like before, this is bothering me but whatever...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The new crafting menu, while a noble attempt of improving the UX, in practice feels more like something that belongs to ONI than DST, IMO.

It *feels* super...dry and mechanical? I don't know exactly how to explain. It may aswell be a bit of the fear of new things, but there is something about the OG style that is just works with the series.

It is janky, dirty and (dare I say) jury-rigged, just like we know the game itself to be since nearly a decade now! I'd argue it's inseparable from the games identity and feels really awkward to do away with it this down the line.

While of course, improvement is always welcome, I'd totally wish we have a toggle between the styles. If not, I'm sure someone in the workshop will bruteforce such option anyway :P

• Like 6