March Quality of Life Beta is Live!

i realy dont like this new craft ui, literaly dont fix what is not broken, cant wait for a mod to remove this stupid thing because klei seems to not want to give us an options, all taht time memorizing where everything is, aswell that now some things are in more then 1 tap can make things not needed complicated, alsol thats way to big of a thing, its like half the screen removed and it alsol seems like i cant move around anymore while gettin to the craft that thing, and in general that new craft thing is way to clungy, and what ever whit some things being able to be now fully prototyped, or station only, like, do you realy need to make turf whenever you go? seems rather realy stupid of an excuse to not be able to have old craft ui too, it litteraly lost its character in a way too, like the color of the icons are gone, and the character crafts are replaced whit there head icon and not a special lookin one, like, why? why do this? and for sure makes me want to have less feeling of fun honestly, like DONT FIX WHAT IS NOT BROKEN! just dont do random not realy needed changes realy, like, i still miss the point for its existing, and im sure new players have propably a harder time whit this too

• Like 8
  • Sad 2
  • Big Ups 2
  • Sad Dupe 1

10 hours ago, zarklord_klei said:

This got missed from the initial patch notes, it has been added now

• Multiple world events (Winters Feast, Year of the Carrat, Midsummer Cawnival, ect) can now be enabled at the same time, you can find these new settings in the world settings menu.

This is a welcome change!

9 hours ago, Instant-Noodles said:

-TEST_TIP1 = "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.",

Dammit Klei57c2ad5a07750_arielIDface.png.e651309f8eda0362b78b112fd7cf90e2.png

Just a few thoughts for the crafting menu,

It might be nice to add the ability to auto-craft or go to materials in the crafting recipes of an item for easier crafting so you don't have to go back and forth through tabs.

Another idea may be to add a counter or slider for how many items you want to craft and your character will auto craft that many as long as you have the required materials on hand.

I think given the new crafting tab these could be really helpful features that may not have been easy to implement with the old menu.

Overall, I liked the old crafting menu it was simpler and easier to manage but if we are sticking with the new one these are some suggestions. If anything the addition of fast craft slots would be nice with the old menu.

Edited by Anglex
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

they could change it as a setting turn off by default

At some point if we want more survival content for the endgame klei is gonna have to choose what is more important pleasing megabasers who have already mastered the survival gameplay and just want to build up the map or players who want more survival challenges past an ingame year. Im not a fan of possible new gameplay or challenges potentially being shot down becasue megabasers would be inconvenienced.

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

33 minutes ago, sudoku said:

At some point if we want more survival content for the endgame klei is gonna have to choose what is more important pleasing megabasers who have already mastered the survival gameplay and just want to build up the map or players who want more survival challenges past an ingame year. Im not a fan of possible new gameplay or challenges potentially being shot down becasue megabasers would be inconvenienced.

me neither but throwing vargs every 3 days wasnt a good idea (they seem to changed that) neither challenging when 99% have hound traps to stand still and watch everything die, not the most exciting thing. I want more survival updates since the last ones were antlion and disease and only antlion still ingame

i love the idea of having vargs in hound waves but it should give a reward since vargs are harder than some bosses. I dont want to be 24/7 prepare for a "boss fight" or interrupt my building for many minutes when already you can only build in autumn and, if you dont get 4 frog rains, in spring. I would add summer but you will only be in caves or oasis if that interruption wont give me anything back if i survive, is already frustrating fighting hounds and see how they quickly eat the meat of their partners so you end up with few pieces of meat that arent even worth picking and useless teeth that are only used on grindy darts and hound traps. The game only rewards you if you use hound traps

and again, as i said many times, i love hound waves and fighting them and i love the idea of having vargs in hound waves (i recall suggesting that in one of my firsts forum posts) but it should give something, nothing special, but something to justify it not just "try to surive or waste a life giving amulet". I think they should really add more craftting recipes with hound fangs so atleast they will have some value because i only use the few required for sewing kits

edit. people who really want a chill building experience have the option of diseable everything that annoys them and for that i suggested that, so klei dont just remove vargs but let the option of having them for people like apparently (according to your message you seem to enjoy it) you and me instead of another diseage scenario

edit2. and before someone uses it against me. No, im not against people using traps, im just mentioning it because i understand people not liking hound waves and how bored are the tools to fight them outside of kite them with perfect ping and fps performance

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo
  • Like 1
  • Sanity 1

People who just want to Megabase should probably also need to turn OFF a whole bunch of Survival settings or play a game mode preset that has those things toggled off for them- it is extremely bad business practice to tailor the gameplay around Megabasers with the OPTION to turn on more survival based stuff inside a Survival based game.

I for one enjoyed things like Disease, I hope it comes back in some form in the future.. things that guaranteed at some point my world reaches a point of not being able to just survive forever by a single method.

I would enjoy things like having Meteorshowers be able to expand over time and crash land into any biome instead of just the few the game allows it to.. but such a feature would be disapproved of by megabasers that it’s unlikely we will see it ever happen.

Having Vargs in hound waves is a bold change, and if I had to take a guess, Klei is going to continue to make these bold changes- why? Because this years content updates are quite literally called

“Setting the Stage” for whatever they have planned to do next.. and I assure you: it’s not make Megabasing the vanilla gameplay experience.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, sudoku said:

The game deciding to nuke your armor once every 3 days is not challenge, it's the game giving you the finger.

Because that's what the current hound mechanic basically amounts to. Either you remain tethered to your tooth trap field, which trivializes hound waves at the cost of freedom, or you venture further away and hope to survive any hound attacks using a mixture of kiting and, inevitably, tanking that is guaranteed to melt your armor off of you. As often as every 3 days. The only saving grace of the current system is that you can tame a beefalo to fight off hound waves in the wild at little cost.

Adding Vargs would only exacerbate the problem by raising the number of late game hounds per waves from 10ish to... potentially infinite? No more using Beefalos, as those will surely die. But, hey, we can go back to cheesing hound waves by relogging.

On the other hand, condensing late game hound waves into a smaller, less overwhelming group of individually stronger enemies sounds amazing

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

People who just want to Megabase should probably also need to turn OFF a whole bunch of Survival settings or play a game mode preset that has those things toggled off for them- it is extremely bad business practice to tailor the gameplay around Megabasers with the OPTION to turn on more survival based stuff inside a Survival based game.

I for one enjoyed things like Disease, I hope it comes back in some form in the future.. things that guaranteed at some point my world reaches a point of not being able to just survive forever by a single method.

I would enjoy things like having Meteorshowers be able to expand over time and crash land into any biome instead of just the few the game allows it to.. but such a feature would be disapproved of by megabasers that it’s unlikely we will see it ever happen.

Having Vargs in hound waves is a bold change, and if I had to take a guess, Klei is going to continue to make these bold changes- why? Because this years content updates are quite literally called

“Setting the Stage” for whatever they have planned to do next.. and I assure you: it’s not make Megabasing the vanilla gameplay experience.

sure, for that the bussiness model is based on skins and every update brings more decorative buildings

also there are megabasers that makes megabase because there are not enough survival content for 3000 days that wants something challenging not just rocks falling that makes you build your chest again, such hardcore experience

keeping a megabase is way more challenging than walking arround picking stuff: you cant fight hounds in a confortable way because with each build you have less room for fighting plus killing fire hounds without being carefully can lead to the lose of nonrenewable resources; you have mobs to protect from hounds, moonstorms, deerclops and other shenanigas; wildfires are way more dangerous since you have more burnable **** connecting your structures and other random stuff

one thing are annoying stuff and other is true difficulty and challenges

• Wolfgang now loses mightiness when hit, based on the initial damage amount (armor does not prevent mightiness loss).

Please Keli remove this ! Please i beg you ! He would be perfecr without this, i can no longer tank bosses cause the might you gain from attacking dosent cancel out the might you lose feom getting hit ! Wolfgang is not walter he shouldnt be destroyef has a character just cause he got hit and it prevents the player from using certain stratagies. I myself only tank 2 bosses, deerclops and bee queen using the 2 moles method and with this changes it killed the bee queen stratagie ! I rather have the nerfed rework version that can tank than this. All the changes are great just remove that one please ! Or at least make armor reduce the meter decay so you can cancel it out with attack ! Please Klei i beg you ! ;(

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Double F said:
  • Wolfgang now loses mightiness when hit, based on the initial damage amount (armor does not prevent mightiness loss).

Please Keli remove this ! Please i beg you ! He would be perfecr without this, i can no longer tank bosses cause the might you gain from attacking dosent cancel out the might you lose feom getting hit ! Wolfgang is not walter he shouldnt be destroyef has a character just cause he got hit and it prevents the player from using certain stratagies. I myself only tank 2 bosses, deerclops and bee queen using the 2 moles method and with this changes it killed the bee queen stratagie ! I rather have the nerfed rework version that can tank than this. All the changes are great just remove that one please ! Or at least make armor reduce the meter decay so you can cancel it out with attack ! Please Klei i beg you ! ;(

I’m not in the beta so I can only judge the changes based on what I read here: but you no longer lose Mightiness while walking with a Dumbell equipped right? So just move far enough away from the boss to get ripped again and then go back into the fight, it’s like Wendy needing to recall/heal Abigail to prevent her dying.

I love new UI. Its so nice. Its even divided into categories of things I can do in game. Pinning crafting items is super comfortable. Sometimes I'm little bit lost when I try to find some items, but its matter of time. We did an Ancient Guardian rush and have so much fun with his new cool mechnics. Althouh he killed us so... maybe next round will do the trick :D Gj tho

So as a controller player, not gonna lie. Not great. As of now all the money i poured into buying skins have gone down the drain. I didn't care i couldn't pin the favorites, like yeah i know you all like that but honestly, not really a huge deal. with a controller i cannot craft in the skin i want. scrolling items with new ui isn't something i can't tolerate but not being able to craft in initial skin i want is making me regret my money. hopefully you can fix this or i honestly want my skins refunded. whats the point if i cant use them unless i use sweeper every single time for every single one separately. 

and tbh i am honestly confused by the tabs or categories in the new ui. there are duplicates in several tabs and yes i get they serve both purposes but it's just confusing. categories should be more organized and consistent imo.

also imo new ui function serves devs purpose so it is what it is but sucks when dst loses its simplicity and uniqueness. Now it's like every single survival game out there. More direct copying. I've heard of dst being minecraft's copy but honestly dst had its own unique touch but really with art and style where it's headed, does it want to be every other game than dst? 

to sum it up, i get there are more keyboard warriors out there but dst is controller supported and is played on console. sucks it's always not cared for even though its been paid the same and given the same amount of love by controller players. proof, the tips on loading are for keyboard only.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Dr.Medic said:

alsol thats way to big of a thing, its like half the screen removed and it alsol seems like i cant move around anymore while gettin to the craft that thing

-You can adjust the size of the crafting ui.

-You can still move around while crafting. Thats what pinning recipes is for.

Also there is no L at the end of "also" ;)

Edited by ALCRD
  • Thanks 1

Feels like a second Christmas for the casual megabaser, which I'm really happy about! General thoughts about the beta:

1. Crafting menu is definitely something that needs getting used to, but i think its a necessary evil for UI robustness as even mpre items get added. Also, more people need to know they can shrink the UI.

2. Best feature this update IMO is the turf recipe and stacking! Landscaping base with cobblestone is much less frustrating now.

3. Varglets :')- love the concept. Improvement suggestion, as as Arubaro mentioned, to also update the varg(let?) loot or improved tooth crafts so it balances out the added difficulty

4. **Rant Warning**

Mixed reaction about the wolfgang changes. It's like when you sprained your right ankle and someone gives you a crutch whilst simultaneously shooting your left foot. Good changes to maintain mightiness, but completely eclipsed by the massive mightiness loss on hit mechanic. This feature feels like a schizophrenic decision that made wolf an even worse character than before the qol.

Several Important bosses require some amount of tanking - bee queen, fuelweaver, shadow bishop, celestial champion (phase 2 can 100-0 your might, phase 3 has double hit lasers). Attempting no-hit runs for these would be extremely frustrating. Which means your average wolfgang player is basically a wilsony-wes when fighting these bosses. Pre-beta, wolf can at least still take on these bosses using his perk. 

I feel that this character's design philosophy needs to be better locked down. The reworks/changes to wolfgang feel a little incohesive and reactive. Like why would you have a character who is meant to fight bosses, but instead has a damage nerf for key boss fights?

My suggestion - remove/adjust down the might loss mechanics. If too many people think wolf is overpowered without this penalty, roll his buffs back to pre-Feb beta. At least he still has a functional niche then. Even with the buffs, he's still probably one of the highest maintenance characters in the game. Not touching wolf with a ten feet pole atm, wigfrids just better.

Went off a little, but i think klei did a great job for a majority of this beta's update.

• Like 2

So as a controller player, not gonna lie. Not great. As of now all the money i poured into buying skins have gone down the drain. I didn't care i couldn't pin the favorites, like yeah i know you all like that but honestly, not really a huge deal. with a controller i cannot craft in the skin i want. scrolling items with new ui isn't something i can't tolerate but not being able to craft in initial skin i want is making me regret my money. hopefully you can fix this or i honestly want my skins refunded. whats the point if i cant use them unless i use sweeper every single time for every single one separately. 

and tbh i am honestly confused by the tabs or categories in the new ui. there are duplicates in several tabs and yes i get they serve both purposes but it's just confusing. categories should be more organized and consistent imo.

also imo new ui function serves devs purpose so it is what it is but sucks when dst loses its simplicity and uniqueness. Now it's like every single survival game out there. More direct copying. I've heard of dst being minecraft's copy but honestly dst had its own unique touch but really with art and style where it's headed, does it want to be every other game than dst? 

to sum it up, i get there are more keyboard warriors out there but dst is controller supported and is played on console. sucks it's always not cared for even though its been paid the same and given the same amount of love by controller players. proof, the tips on loading are for keyboard only.

also, love terraria, minecraft, go play them. stop making dst terraria or mimnecraft. sheesh

why is this hidden all of a sudden?? wth?

Edited by JoeW
flagged for spam? fixed it. Sorry about that