For threads that don't deserve their own thread

4 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Life energy is a very power thing and Wortox could have unique interactions when placing souls in staffs and amulets. The nightmare amulet could be rechargeable for him and the magi could project beams of light that target enemies

I like this suggestion a lot, and if charging staffs with soul could produce additional effects, that could even justify loss of bone helm and other head slot items. Amulets could use a rework too even regardless of Wortox, in particular, loose durability on hit but produce additional effects, like magi in your suggestion or chilling amulet right now (the latter should be made more viable for AoE freeze in that case though), be rechargeble (with nightmarefuel or corresponding gems), and it would be cool if Wortox could make them even better.

unique garland that provides the same light as a miner helmet

I would keep fireflies as a crafting ingredient though; by the way, imagine how beautiful it would look on verdant skin or snowfallen!

As far as I know, lorewise miner hat has finite durability because fireflies starve; so I guess by recharging it with lightbulbs one feeds fireflies; by that logic new item can be rechargeble with lightbulb too. It could have it's own upsides and downsides: be more resource-efficient than refueling miner hat, but disappear if dropped on the ground or by reaching 0 durability/freshness. Also it's radius can be lowered, but light made brighter the more insane Wortox is (opposite of miner hat), so it would offer more efficient than miner hat way to have head light (potentially with non-spoiling fuel in form of fireflies and slurtle slime) at the cost of risk loosing it and lower safety, while also being worse than miner hat when user is sane, and better when insane. Insanity thing doesn't make sense lore-wise, but could be interesting from mechanical point of view. I'm just brainstorming though, idea could use refinement.

I don't think earmuffs, winter hats, tams, etc would be in the way of his horns. Only the beefalo hat would be unwearable by him and maybe the cat cap. 

Then where is downside? I thought from all the things you want Wortox to wear in head slot it's unique "hats", enlightened crown and some boss loot-based items (not even all of them). I think if it was ever implemented, it should either be very noticeble change of list of allowed items, or not be touched at all. I'm for the former provided upsides would compensate, after all you wrote:

20 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

He is a bit bland in my opinion.

Also earmuffs, winter hat, tam do not provide any wetness protection. Beefalo hat, beekeeper hat, miner hat, football helmet, shelmet, spider hat, straw hat, top hat and fashion melon, as well as all funcaps, BQC and bone helm provide 20% protection, which is enough paired with umbrella for 100%. From this list, I would allow Wortox to wear straw hat, top hat, fashion melon (because it would look fun), funcaps, BQC (probably); outside of this list I would choose to be wearable astroggles and fashion/desert goggles for obvious reasons, clever disguise, feather hat (because no equivalent exists (not counting Wickerbottom book), item is rarely used even now), both gardeneer hats, lucky beast costume, earmuffs and Walter's hat. So basically no head armor, no insulation for winter in head slot outside of earmuffs and similar stuff, no tam, no bone helm and possibly no BQC (depending on added upsides; Wortox has -50% of negative sanity aura effect anyway and because of that BQC has bad synergy with him).

(pig farms, bunny farms,etc)

I'm pretty sure Wortox can run both farms successfully, they just need to be walled up and set up during such time of day cycle when corresponding creatures are at home (or pigs/bunnymen should be killed one by one), pigs farmed during full moon/one by one and bunnymen with clever disguise. Example of oven (completely firefroof btw):

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.df19b6d7a7cbed00d8b86eb59e404cb7.pngimage.thumb.png.060add1149a9f1313bfbd13d21d5d5e0.png

I used geometric placement, but it can be build without it. Important steps are:

1. Place pig/bunny houses about half a tile away from walls (so they don't glitch outside) and about a pitchfork tile apart (I used hexagon grid, square one pitchfork provide works too);

2. Build gates and plant fossil fragments so that with closed inner gates and opened outer gates pigs and bunnymen will run straight into oven (like on image, for non-monster characters you can use spider hat + powdercake near lightning rod position);

3. a. If you are a monster character: when oven is ready, light ropes with torch or firestaff from lightning rod position;

b. If you are not a monster, you can light things at the sides of oven for faster result;

4. Inside oven I used 4 ropes dropped individually in each pile;

5. If oven is not fully loaded, you can get away without closing it, like on screenshot; in case full oven as monster character you can use flingo's freeze AoE to buy enough time to close oven.

Maybe a soul imbued suncaller staff has the dwarf star follow him? It could transform it into a small spirit of sorts that he could dismiss at anytime back into a normal dwarf star

Dwarf star lasts 3.5 days though, for comparison moggles last 12 minutes and each glow berry restores 4 minutes, not to mention moggles take equipment slot. I'm really not sure how one could balance it.

By the way your rebuttal was very well thought out

I really appreciate your comment

I appreciate the response, thank you.

I have one more idea regarding Wortox. What if he could cook a variant of regular dish that has less penalty on Wortox provided he uses live eel, fish, wobster or moleworm? Maybe only for hunger stat, worse penalty for sanity, current penalty for health, and regular dish could have current penalty for hunger and health, but no penalty for sanity. After all murdering live eel and the like gives Wortox soul, and it wouldn't be possible to automate without Wurt's help. It would be one more very situational option for Wortox when it comes to food if he decides to camp in the ruins or sail for the long time.

Favorite Updates since 2019 monthly updates started- Wendy Rework (duh) & March QoL over World Gen & World Gen Settings. My favorite character got better, and I can now toggle how easy or hard my game is going to be at any given moment.

Least Favorite Update- Eye of the Storm: This update is time consuming, it takes forever to reach this point in the game, massive time sink for something that could’ve just as easily been new world weather settings in world Gen toggles, without the hours of build up getting to it. This update also only touched on Late Game stuff so unless you were already that far into a world, it felt like a month without a game update.

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Least Favorite Update- Eye of the Storm: This update is time consuming, it takes forever to reach this point in the game, massive time sink for something that could’ve just as easily been new world weather settings in world Gen toggles, without the hours of build up getting to it. This update also only touched on Late Game stuff so unless you were already that far into a world, it felt like a month without a game update.

sad to hear that but some uptades need to cover late game, not eveything added will be for the 1st autumn

6 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

There should be a spicy chicken wings recipe. Given how you can accumulate drumsticks with a gobbler farm, might be a good idea. 

An alternative to stuffed peppers that's more filling.

i love me some spicy spicy chicken wings
image.png.35193ec878ae1e659de7b2bcca13483e.png
yes thats how it is actualy called in the game

1 hour ago, HellHeater said:

what the hell does forumite mean??

Forum-mite, its generally used by the insect-human hybrids that frequent the forum. 

Like the Mants, but you don't see them posting much since hamlet stopped being in development.

On 11/27/2021 at 3:37 AM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

sad to hear that but some uptades need to cover late game, not eveything added will be for the 1st autumn

I’m not sure I can agree with that, yes I get that Klei wants to make updates that provides something for everyone- But at the exact same time they shouldn’t focus ENTIRE Updates on one specific type of gameplay playstyle.

I don’t have 4+ hours to dedicate to doing in game tasks so- Pearls Quests, anything related to Pearls Quests, Lunar Alters, Celestial Champion, Moon Storm Event it’s all content that requires literal HOURS of play before your ever able to experience/complete.

The newest update Eye for an Eye also only added content for people who are Into boss fights.

What happened to the philosophy of trying to add something to the game for everyone?

Lately its been do this 4+ Hour build up to experience this late game thing, or fight this boss because there’s no other content added BUT this Boss.

I want to explore more biomes and fight more easily killable mobs with my 15+ spear skins.

I enjoy content I can get into the game & experience within a span of 15-20minutes- such as Character Rework Abilities, March QoL world Gen toggles, Beefalo Dress up wardrobe tab, RWYS Gardens- Etc.

I wouldn’t mind new biomes I can spend 5 minutes sailing to or new underground caves stuff like forgotten knowledges..

But please can we slack off on the content that requires 4+ hours or Endless Boss fights?

Or at the very least do one mediocre thing per update so fans of each category of content don’t feel left out.

The Eye for an Eye update also had a new Peeper mob that could’ve been added to the world, they could’ve spawned from Lureplants, or whatever.. but instead they’re tied only to summoning and fighting the bosses.

Im looking forward to the December content update because it’s content I will IMMEDIATELY be able to start enjoying instead of spending 4+ hours of build up or summoning and fighting a boss to experience it.

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

klei adds a lot of content for early game

ocean biomes  plus the new cave biomes can be visited in the 1st autumn, 1 of the 2 new bosses can be fought in first autumn (actually both can be fought in the 1st autumn but isnt a realistic scenario in most cases)

i like having more choices for early game but lets be realistic, did you see the kind of skins klei is releasing lately? skins for lategame items so you can guess what kind of players are the target of klei, which is logical taking in count that selling the game for 5$ doesnt give a **** of money

also the game lack a lot of lategame content, the year loop is exactly the same on year 1 than on year 500 so why complaining for a couple of lategame updates when most of the time you can enjoy the new content at any moment?

actually, the game needs some world progression

56 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

I've always said moose-goose rather than moose or goose (why do the other bosses get such unique names?). 

Me too, but i thought practically everyone said it like that. Had no idea people use moose or goose outside of typing quickly.

Artichokes are representative of Spanish food. Spain was the first country to make great voyages and colonize, and its colonial activities were mainly in America.

Hamlet has a strong Latin/South American jungle adventure theme, and the royal family uses artichokes as its logo.

hmm

Perhaps the PIg King and original pig was a native of Porkland, while the Hamlat Pig were alien colonists who conquered Porkland, so the King could only escape to another world with his people in search of freedom. This could explain why Hamlet Pigs seem to know little about those pig ruins in  rainforest, since they were built by indigenous pig.

22 minutes ago, Cassielu said:

Artichokes are representative of Spanish food. Spain was the first country to make great voyages and colonize, and its colonial activities were mainly in America.

Hamlet has a strong Latin/South American jungle adventure theme, and the royal family uses artichokes as its logo.

I don't know much about the conquistadors but don't the hamlets guard's armor resemble the spaniards armor a lot?

2 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

I've always said moose-goose rather than moose or goose (why do the other bosses get such unique names?). 

Well not too long ago a streamer I was watching said it that way and now I feel a lot less self-conscience about it.

Most people say moose goose. I like to alternate moose and goose like the game does, or call them mgoose.

I have a question that I'd make a new thread out of, but don't feel it's worth it.

If someone beats a boss in a modded world, but in a way that could be done in vanilla(mods have no impact on the fight outcome, the same fight outcome could be repeated in vanilla without any real difference), would that be considered a legitimate boss kill?

...Or is my boss shrine in culinary archipelago just basically one giant fraud?

1 minute ago, Terra B Welch said:

I have a question that I'd make a new thread out of, but don't feel it's worth it.

If someone beats a boss in a modded world, but in a way that could be done in vanilla(mods have no impact on the fight outcome, the same fight outcome could be repeated in vanilla without any real difference), would that be considered a legitimate boss kill?

...Or is my boss shrine in culinary archipelago just basically one giant fraud?

first of all, the only person that should care about it is yo

second, unless the mods make pierogies grow from trees or whatever crazy thing, why the fight wouldnt be fair? isnt like cherry forest gives you 1hit ko weapons xD

third, as you said, everything in the fights were vanilla 

forth, as far as i know, you have put some handicaps like warly diet so i think your victories has more merits than most of the fully vanilla ones

honestly, i have tons of hours in this game and im sure i cant rush CC as quickly as you did

Archived