For threads that don't deserve their own thread

Im still a little sad that my enchanting thread didn't get more attention. My idea was very rough but I think it had potential.

The fact weapons have durability is for concern but Klei can get around it if its really cheap. Idk I'd like to see some weapons gain more versatility. 

I hate it when I get framed by a bunny

- See a bunnyman kill a spider, drop monster meat.

- Pick the monster meat up.

- The very same bunnyman turns around and shout "MURDER!"

- The whole bunnyman village is now chasing after you.

:( when are we going to get details about that other QoL update, I would love to know if it’s still coming this year or if it’s been pushed back into 2022. With only a few more weeks left in this year- we will find out soon I guess.

Also Happy Thanksgiving to anyone who celebrates Thanksgiving (I hope you all have lots of foods to stuff your faces with!):wilson_love:

I'm recently really disappointed in the forums, but the fact the game is doing good makes me feel better. I've been playing my solo world and might have overdone it with killing shadow pieces, now I don't know what's to do with all those hearts. 

And I'm so happy the zine arrived at Klei, I've been stressing over that for a while. 

Recently thinking about the YOTPK skin sets, and wondering if we're gonna get more. 

12 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Sometimes I feel like an old man in the forum surrounded by teenagers. I'm 25 btw, which is basically 80 because that's how I feel.

Then I see people say they're 15?! Omg I'm old.

:crushed:

106D0AAA-8BF3-4511-8375-B2E528149005.jpeg.8b782d8762ec43b3700a408b88a50ab3.jpeg

Because yeah… you only get one life, live it to the maximum and don’t let people tell you “grow up.”

DST would make a very interesting board game. I might make a thread about it as I have a lot of ideas on how it would work. The short version is that placement on the board is key for gathering resources and resource management wins you the game by surviving events.

On 11/24/2021 at 5:48 PM, KrazJoe said:

I hate it when I get framed by a bunny

- See a bunnyman kill a spider, drop monster meat.

- Pick the monster meat up.

- The very same bunnyman turns around and shout "MURDER!"

- The whole bunnyman village is now chasing after you.

Wow, he killed someone, then immediately alerted others and made them think it was you.

Sounds similar to a ceratin spaceship game...

I wish we had more boss drops that are combat based like Eye of Cthulhu, I always liked getting stronger and stronger with each new boss I fought in terraria, but in dst, it seems that most bosses just drop survival based gear that makes objects that are more like quality of life improvements then anything. Chances are if you can fight some raid bosses, you don't have much of a problem surviving by yourself. Also i just think we need more armors and weapons. Won't mind if they add more survival based boss drops anyways tho.

Tl:dr: I want to get better at combat get better items for combat by doing combat

Spoiler

Might be a little hard to do in DST with durability being a thing unless they want to make every item refuelable in some way.

24 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

DST would make a very interesting board game. I might make a thread about it as I have a lot of ideas on how it would work. The short version is that placement on the board is key for gathering resources and resource management wins you the game by surviving events.

There was a neat post where someone shared their own version of a ds board game, I thought it was really neat :). Genuinely been wanting to try this out with some friends but I haven't been able to.

9 minutes ago, CatchySong said:

I wish we had more boss drops that are combat based like Eye of Cthulhu, I always liked getting stronger and stronger with each new boss I fought in terraria, but in dst, it seems that most bosses just drop survival based gear that makes objects that are more like quality of life improvements then anything. Chances are if you can fight some raid bosses, you don't have much of a problem surviving by yourself. Also i just think we need more armors and weapons. Won't mind if they add more survival based boss drops anyways tho.

Tl:dr: I want to get better at combat get better items for combat by doing combat

Reveal hidden contents

Might be a little hard to do in DST with durability being a thing unless they want to make every item refuelable in some way.

I’m not sure I can fully agree with that, I mean yes MOST boss drops are useless, but not ALL of them.. Deerclops drops the Eye used for Eyebrella & Houndious- but Eyebrella will also make fights against Moose/Goose in Spring less likely to have your weapons fly out your hand from wetness.

So in a way, fighting enemies Does reward items that make you better at fighting more enemies, but I get what your saying all the same.

20 minutes ago, Hornete said:

There was a neat post where someone shared their own version of a ds board game, I thought it was really neat :). Genuinely been wanting to try this out with some friends but I haven't been able to.

Wow that's really neat but what I had in mind revolves around event cards. 

Not sure if anyone has played 4 souls, the board game base of tboi, but it would play similar to that.

You can move across a big board with varying biomes and standing in certain locations generates resources. Depending on the location, character cards could initiate battle against monster cards to also generate resources, but would be completely optional! At certain points of the game event cards would be drawn where a player would need the necessary resources or items to survive. For example, a winter event card is automatically drawn after a set amount of turns and its effect would last a set amount of turns. During these turns having cards like torches and winter gear allow you to survive different amount of turn as well as have their own effects. Seasonal events would be separate from "combat" events like bosses, hound attacks, charlie, or an enemy ambush depending on the biome your standing on. You'd also have to manage your hunger, hit points, and sanity (low sanity causes shadow monsters to chase you across the board).

With this sort of set up players can help or hinder each other, fight over resources by attacking each other, and even have a person be the game master (on the nightmare throne) by deciding when these event cards are played. You win the game by surviving a year and you can modify the game to be more challenging at any time. At least that's a rough idea that I have right now. 

38 minutes ago, CatchySong said:

Reveal hidden contents

I agree with you to some extent but you can look at combat as a big time sink. Some survival items, like a furnace, can help save time on chopping wood during winter and focus that energy on combat.

2 minutes ago, HumanBean150 said:

I want an ocean weapon :(

right now I think the only melee option that you can gather exclusively on the ocean is the spear, which...

There's also the strident trident, but it's late game, and not a very effective weapon for the cost.

I just thought of something, would be neat if you could throw the strident trident at enemies. Then after a second of it falling into the ocean is spring back onto the boat where you can pick it up again.

Basically a very expensive but more powerful boomerang lol. 

On 11/23/2021 at 11:46 AM, HowlVoid said:

I'd like to see Wortox get big nerfs in order to give him more versatile perks. He's a cool character but his food penalty is really annoying and being able to heal is overrated, imo.

Some nerf ideas: Dropping souls heals over time instead of instant, his horns don't allow helmets, etc. 

Im sure this is a discussion thats happened a billion times by now, but i really can't wrap my head around this suggestion? You state that the food penalty is annoying and the heal is overrated, and suggest... nerfing him? To correct that? The suggestion that it should be an timed effect is fine whatever, makes it a little more unique and like jellybeans I suppose, but preventing armor sources? How does that like... help. 

All that does is make the food penalty stay annoying, potentially even more so since you lose the quick heal of the souls- but alright, you got a ton of them you can at least stay good out of combat. But taking armor just makes prevents some protection... was the idea that hes undefended so he benefits more from the healing? That's kinda just making a problem to solve it, and doesn't really help make the character fun or balanced.

IMO I don't think wortox brings a ton to the table for most more experienced people, and hopping around is fun, but not nearly enough to suggest he needs his risk/reward factor shot up to justify making him more versatile through some other things. He just kinda sits at "balanced overall but not particularly notable" in the grand scheme of things.

I love how people jump to “it’s op and broken needs Nerf..” when actuality- it’s barely do-able at all with an Xbox Controller, yes you can say “just buy a pc and play the game the way it’s intended to be played already.” But by doing that you completely miss my point- these characters feel OP to YOU because your on a console with more control and maneuverability over them.

Wortox only soul hops to a pre choosen Locked in place distance and ONLY in the direction he is facing within.

Wendy can only heal & safely return Abigail to her Flower when Wendy is close to Abigail which in turn: Directly puts WENDY in the line of Danger the moment she has to care for Abigail.

Klei wants Crossplatform play to someday be a thing- but how could it when people playing on PC are going to expect you to have the same control and mobility over your characters as they do- and what’s worse, they will probably Kick/Ban you to get people who do.

I was there when cross-play was an unheard of sin… *Gasp* Sega & Nintendo will never let you play together, Sony & Microsoft? Omg get real no way…

But those things are becoming Reality now- and more games are jumping onto the Cross-Play Bandwagon, but until it doesn’t feel like KB+Mouse & Controller are quite literally like playing two different games- We can never have proper crossplay.

I strongly feel like those characters being busted and OP is only because of the additional control KB+Mouse has over them versus a Console Controller.

I ALSO feel like any additional nerf’s to an already handicapped on controller character that may barely be playable (see above Wendy & Wortox examples) Could potentially make them Completely Unplayable on Console.

Even the new Eye of Terror Boss is an absolute pain in the backside to fight, you simply can’t move out of the way of its *swoop* attack when it’s in Phase 2 and that’s even WITH a Walking Cane..

Ive instead resulted to just letting other mobs HELP me kill it Because this things attack is near impossible to dodge.

Yeah yeah.. console Woes.. but since this thread doesn’t really have any particular topic… I’m pretty sure it’s okay for me to express that. K happy Turkey Day.. Bye.

56 minutes ago, Mantispidae said:

Im sure this is a discussion thats happened a billion times by now, but i really can't wrap my head around this suggestion? You state that the food penalty is annoying and the heal is overrated, and suggest... nerfing him?

To give him more perks, that is assuming he is "balanced right now".

To correct that? The suggestion that it should be an timed effect is fine whatever, makes it a little more unique and like jellybeans I suppose, but preventing armor sources? How does that like... help. 

I've always thought his horns where too big to fit in helmets. With a strong enough perk this could be circumvented while also giving him a more unique aspect. Re-reading my comment it does seem like a one sided argument but I didn't have the energy to clarify or go into more detail. Really, it was meant to start a conversion as we are having one now (though I didn't think it would take this long...).

So the horns... His horns are majestic and insanely cool. I've always thought klei could try and use the unique physical features on monster characters more. I think that not allowing Wortox to use his horns as a powerful tool in his kit is a waste.

Since Wortox is a woodland creature he could decorate his horns for different effects such as being able to befriend pigs and bunnymen, a crown of lightbulbs for light, flint adornments that act as tool in the head slot, as well as armor that is unique to himself and other Wortox players. As a downside Wortox could simply not use traditional helmets.

All that does is make the food penalty stay annoying, potentially even more so since you lose the quick heal of the souls- but alright, you got a ton of them you can at least stay good out of combat. But taking armor just makes prevents some protection... was the idea that hes undefended so he benefits more from the healing? That's kinda just making a problem to solve it, and doesn't really help make the character fun or balanced.

The food penalty would be completely gone as a result of not being able to use traditional helmets and slower healing.

IMO I don't think wortox brings a ton to the table for most more experienced people, and hopping around is fun, but not nearly enough to suggest he needs his risk/reward factor shot up to justify making him more versatile through some other things. He just kinda sits at "balanced overall but not particularly notable" in the grand scheme of things.

He is a bit bland in my opinion. 

Funny enough your assessment of how the nerfs wouldn't justify any gains is exactly how Klei has balanced Wortox. Think about it, Klei gave him a "powerful" healing ability (like healing is hard lel) and then consequently gave him one the most punishing food restrictions (if not the worst, worse than Warlys imo). Do you think gaining half of ALL the food a character will intake in a playthrough justifies measly 20 hp healing that has TONS of restriction on top of it? Not to mention he has no ways of quickly generating resources but was still made a monster character that can't obtain allies. 

Exactly what you are suggesting I am doing, Klei has already done. They made a character with a healing ability and completely nerfed him around it. Wortox is balanced not around an interesting character or idea, he is balanced around a perk that doesn't even hold up far into the late game.

On 11/24/2021 at 2:03 AM, -Variant said:

Gameplay thing.
Main concern with it is griefing! Imagine someone finds it first and holds onto it to destroy your home.
You can still see the bigfoot backpack on the loading menus too.

Maybe, but at best it's an urban legend retold by the original survivors. Perhaps a true story told by Wickerbottom and now a children's tale repeated by Walter around the campfire.

For all intents and purposes someone that only played DST would have little to no reason to believe that a titanic giant that would dwarf even the seasonal giants with it's feet exists. Wilson may attest to calling it to his aid to defeat deerclops all he wants but Winona will be like "Oh sure, yes Wilson, you and your wild visions..."

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wortox’s design intention is that you will eat the souls in between human meals- sort of like a soul devouring demon.. regular food isn’t appetizing to his other-worldly cravings.

The souls don't make up how punishing his food restriction is. Also doesn't even make sense given his personality of not wanting to hurt others.

I get its supposed to be a moral dilemma of him starving or eating a soul, but other character would rather DIE than eat the food they simply dislike. He is erasing whole beings from existence, there is nothing morally grey about that. 

Buffing how much he gets when eating souls is a good start but that doesn't resolve the problem that the whole characters balance is wacky.

The way I see it, Wortox's food restriction is meant to balance his souls and him eating his souls is meant to balance his food restriction. The whole problem is that Klei thinks Wortox's group heal in a multiplayer setting is grounds for a very bland character and Wortox suffers for it.

6 minutes ago, SinancoTheBest said:

a titanic giant that would dwarf even the seasonal giants 

I thought Big foot was just that... A big foot.

Like the creature is one big sentient foot, is my life a lie?!

55 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Re-reading my comment it does seem like a one sided argument but I didn't have the energy to clarify or go into more detail. Really, it was meant to start a conversion as we are having one now (though I didn't think it would take this long...).

Yeah Yeah thats fair- I was mostly confused on how you raise that he was underwhelming of as a character and then suggested nerfing him more to justify buffs, which seems like an odd way to go about it haha.

I do think Wortox could use a bit more under his belt, and i think the current food handicap isn't bad- it's harsh, but harsh isn't too bad as long as the rest of the character offers more for it. Hence why I'm okay with it conceptually but the poor guy really don't get much for it, its just manageable. 

Like our good beloved lil' guy Wormwood. Wormwood's health penalty from food is something you gotta really plan for, and is probably the harshest thing for people swapping to him for the first time because people really don't think about how much food-based healing covers you. It's not super super hard to contend with once you look out for it, but its still a decent threat. Conversely wormwood can produce an absurd amount of food through pretty low effort on his part- and he can still benefit from that too because in bloom wormwood's hunger rate is increased. Its a good tradeoff!

Wortox in contrast goes through a ton food if you aren't eating souls, soul's also chug through his sanity, and he can heal or teleport with them but hes also hard-capped at 20 at the cost of soul loss and sanity loss. It also minimizes the heal per person in crowds. On it's own I think the soul downsides and limitations are fine, but he really is hard-capped for very little gain, especially when other characters like Wendy can bypass their weaknesses almost completely. He mostly just needs like... some buffs or advantages to actually justify hopping through these restrictions.

15 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

To give him more perks, that is assuming he is "balanced right now"

Can you give an example of such perks? It's just as important as downsides in shaping characters's playstyle and adding to their personality, and both upsides and downsides should form cohesive playstyle, not contradictional and preferably not be all over the place (random).

So the horns... His horns are majestic and insanely cool. I've always thought klei could try and use the unique physical features on monster characters more. I think that not allowing Wortox to use his horns as a powerful tool in his kit is a waste.

It's a shame most of the time (until enlightened crown) one can't see them through football helmet/tam/miner hat/eyebrella/etc.; this downside is unique and seems fresh to me, but what about Bee Queen crown and bone helm, moggles and miner hat, eyebrella? Do you think Wortox shouldn't be able to wear those too, and if yes, what upside and in a what way will make up for it? There are eyebrella equivalents (partly) - rain coat and flower shirt - but there is no equivalent to moggles - best light source to explore ruins, since glow berries are delivered to you periodically, moggles themselves allow full screen vision (and ability to teleport there), work better with insanity filter (and insanity - natural state of survior in the ruins anyway in most cases until late game). There is no equivalent of Bee Queen crown (sanity jellybeans would be, also it would be cool to have such option; Wigfrid's song doesn't count since it's character-specific and requires other player), bone helm is unique in a way that it pacifies shadows and nightmares and is QoL improvement of nightmare amulet because one can wear it indefinitely. And what about celestial crown (wearable or not)?

If Wortox couldn't equip anything mentioned above in head slot, he basically would be left with 2 slots to deal with darkness, weather, sanity, damage (dealt and taken) and inventory space, in other words light sources, clothing, armor, weapons/tools and backpacks - 5 types of items - would compete for 2 slots, and I'm not counting walking cane, amulets and other stuff. For comparison, other characters and Wortox right now have 3, and a lot of variety exists due to head slot items not being straight copy of body slot items; again, 3 slots competing for at least 5 types of items, which is much better than 2. You mentioned in other threads that you are using thermal stones for weather protection almost exclusively and barely use any clothing for anything, but don't you think that it would restrict Wortox too much? Unlike Wormwood, Wortox can't plant some seeds and go from 0 to 200 sanity in under a minute. Unlike Wormwood, Wortox does loose sanity when wet; thermal for warmth doesn't really work for spring in my experience; 2 tentacle spots are too much to farm when one already joins in spring and suffers from freezing and slipping tools, and for that rain hat or umbrella + head slot item are really helpful. Are you going to restrict Wortoxes joining in spring to farming tentacle spots despite freezing, insanity and slipping tools or to use breezy west with umbrella? What about cases when pig skin is rare and umbrella is not an option?

Don't get me wrong, I would like to play with that, but what would I gain for all the trouble? Right now the closest case is Wagstaff in DS, and even though he can equip eyebrella, it's still a pain to play Shipwrecked as him, RoG is not much better: last I checked he still doesn't see everything clearly in moggles, etc. 

he could decorate his horns for different effects such as being able to befriend pigs and bunnymen, a crown of lightbulbs for light, flint adornments that act as tool in the head slot, as well as armor that is unique to himself and other Wortox players.

1.Befriending - why?

2. I assume crown of lightbulbs will be spoilage-based and miner hat equivalent. But moggles exist and are very strong, as well as ruins, night in the ocean, and moggles are better in most cases for those than miner hat. 

3. Would it be multitool? What about golden equivalent or hammer? Pickaxe/hammer/shovel could be a way to go. What about oars and other tools?

The food penalty would be completely gone as a result of not being able to use traditional helmets and slower healing.

Or it can be just hunger penalty and limit of souls could be increased. That way Wortox could eat souls with sanity food (like jerky, cacti, taffy or vegetable stinger) or wearing clothing for sanity for extended period of time to balance both hunger and sanity. Right now he can do it too, but 20 soul limit restricts him to about 5 days, and that's without soul healing/soul hopping.

Alternative: buff some, but not all food sources for Wortox, so it's worth eating something other than meaty at least in some situations. For example, milkmade hat to give him full hunger instead of half (right now it gives full hunger to Warly, so I see no reason for Wortox to be an exception; this also looks more like a bug than intended feature), buff other niche food like pomegranate for him (right now +15 hunger for being favourite food is actually +7.5; on the contrary, for Wurt it's flat +15 instead of +20; lack of consistency bothers me; it would give pomegranate a use, even if niche), allow to cook jellybeans equivalent for hunger with royal jelly, etc.

It's not much, but I would be interested if food penalty stayed but there were some alternative strategies compared to bundling 2x meaty stew or wasting even more resources on bug nets for spending extended periods of time without farming souls. Or maybe I don't know about good soul farms not dependent on other characters, in that case I would appreciate a link or describtion.

He is a bit bland in my opinion.

Soul maximum amount limits him the most out of all downsides, in my opinion. And -20 per overload isn't even hard or dangerous, it's annoying, and not even because of insanity but because of stun and -10 souls. This includes travelling for extended periods of time and all boss fights except Fuelweaver and Shadow Pieces. It's ridiculous that Wortox, the once who exceels at healing, is the one who struggles the most at soloing Bee Queen not counting Walter. Just because 20 souls and ham bat/dark sword with 95% protection are barely not enough, and that is without soul-hopping and eating souls mid fight (killing grumble bees mid fight is a waste of time for solo).

1 hour ago, Pig Princess said:

t's a shame most of the time (until enlightened crown) one can't see them through football helmet/tam/miner hat/eyebrella/etc.; this downside is unique and seems fresh to me, but what about Bee Queen crown and bone helm, moggles and miner hat, eyebrella? Do you think Wortox shouldn't be able to wear those too, and if yes, what upside and in a what way will make up for it? There are eyebrella equivalents (partly) - rain coat and flower shirt - but there is no equivalent to moggles - best light source to explore ruins, since glow berries are delivered to you periodically, moggles themselves allow full screen vision (and ability to teleport there), work better with insanity filter (and insanity - natural state of survior in the ruins anyway in most cases until late game). There is no equivalent of Bee Queen crown (sanity jellybeans would be, also it would be cool to have such option; Wigfrid's song doesn't count since it's character-specific and requires other player), bone helm is unique in a way that it pacifies shadows and nightmares and is QoL improvement of nightmare amulet because one can wear it indefinitely. And what about celestial crown (wearable or not)?

Bee queen helmet, enlightened crown and eyebrella would be wearable as I believe he could fit his horns in them.

Bone helmet and moggles would be a great loss and for those Wortox could have a unique model where his horns poke through them (in the case of the bone helmet Wortoxs horns could replace the horns on that helmet). 

Alternatively, and this could be a replacement for the horn idea or an additional perk, Wortox could super charge/replenish magical items with souls. Life energy is a very power thing and Wortox could have unique interactions when placing souls in staffs and amulets. The nightmare amulet could be rechargeable for him and the magi could project beams of light that target enemies (like the spotlight but on all enemies within radius). 

In the mean time, early game he could fashion a unique garland that provides the same light as a miner helmet.

If Wortox couldn't equip anything mentioned above in head slot, he basically would be left with 2 slots to deal with darkness, weather, sanity, damage (dealt and taken) and inventory space, in other words light sources, clothing, armor, weapons/tools and backpacks - 5 types of items - would compete for 2 slots, and I'm not counting walking cane, amulets and other stuff. For comparison, other characters and Wortox right now have 3, and a lot of variety exists due to head slot items not being straight copy of body slot items; again, 3 slots competing for at least 5 types of items, which is much better than 2. You mentioned in other threads that you are using thermal stones for weather protection almost exclusively and barely use any clothing for anything, but don't you think that it would restrict Wortox too much? Unlike Wormwood, Wortox can't plant some seeds and go from 0 to 200 sanity in under a minute. Unlike Wormwood, Wortox does loose sanity when wet; thermal for warmth doesn't really work for spring in my experience; 2 tentacle spots are too much to farm when one already joins in spring and suffers from freezing and slipping tools, and for that rain hat or umbrella + head slot item are really helpful. Are you going to restrict Wortoxes joining in spring to farming tentacle spots despite freezing, insanity and slipping tools or to use breezy west with umbrella? What about cases when pig skin is rare and umbrella is not an option?

I don't think earmuffs, winter hats, tams, etc would be in the way of his horns. Only the beefalo hat would be unwearable by him and maybe the cat cap. 

Don't get me wrong, I would like to play with that, but what would I gain for all the trouble? Right now the closest case is Wagstaff in DS, and even though he can equip eyebrella, it's still a pain to play Shipwrecked as him, RoG is not much better: last I checked he still doesn't see everything clearly in moggles, etc. 

My idea would definitely need a lot of play testing to see what makes sense and what doesn't. As well as how many unique and important crafts Wortox would need to offer interesting alternatives to those head slots without going overboard. 

We don't really know anything about wortox, I mean he could place a gem between his horn and it could float there and give him effects. That's very cruddy idea but I'd lile to explore what other magical imp/demon abilities he has.

1.Befriending - why?

Cuts down on resources and well as providing some (pig farms, bunny farms,etc). I was mostly spitballing ideas on possible horn items, that one is probably not a good one.

2. I assume crown of lightbulbs will be spoilage-based and miner hat equivalent. But moggles exist and are very strong, as well as ruins, night in the ocean, and moggles are better in most cases for those than miner hat. 

Depending on how powerful his new perks late game maybe be, this could be a worthwhile downside. 

Maybe a soul imbued suncaller staff has the dwarf star follow him? It could transform it into a small spirit of sorts that he could dismiss at anytime back into a normal dwarf star. 

3. Would it be multitool? What about golden equivalent or hammer? Pickaxe/hammer/shovel could be a way to go. What about oars and other tools?

This may have been another rushed idea. I suppose it would only replace pickaxe, axe, hammer and shovel and have golden alternative. Maybe add thelucite horn bracings as well.

Or it can be just hunger penalty and limit of souls could be increased. That way Wortox could eat souls with sanity food (like jerky, cacti, taffy or vegetable stinger) or wearing clothing for sanity for extended period of time to balance both hunger and sanity. Right now he can do it too, but 20 soul limit restricts him to about 5 days, and that's without soul healing/soul hopping.

Alternative: buff some, but not all food sources for Wortox, so it's worth eating something other than meaty at least in some situations. For example, milkmade hat to give him full hunger instead of half (right now it gives full hunger to Warly, so I see no reason for Wortox to be an exception; this also looks more like a bug than intended feature), buff other niche food like pomegranate for him (right now +15 hunger for being favourite food is actually +7.5; on the contrary, for Wurt it's flat +15 instead of +20; lack of consistency bothers me; it would give pomegranate a use, even if niche), allow to cook jellybeans equivalent for hunger with royal jelly, etc.

It's not much, but I would be interested if food penalty stayed but there were some alternative strategies compared to bundling 2x meaty stew or wasting even more resources on bug nets for spending extended periods of time without farming souls. Or maybe I don't know about good soul farms not dependent on other characters, in that case I would appreciate a link or describtion.

Soul maximum amount limits him the most out of all downsides, in my opinion. And -20 per overload isn't even hard or dangerous, it's annoying, and not even because of insanity but because of stun and -10 souls. This includes travelling for extended periods of time and all boss fights except Fuelweaver and Shadow Pieces. It's ridiculous that Wortox, the once who exceels at healing, is the one who struggles the most at soloing Bee Queen not counting Walter. Just because 20 souls and ham bat/dark sword with 95% protection are barely not enough, and that is without soul-hopping and eating souls mid fight (killing grumble bees mid fight is a waste of time for solo).

Those are all sound ideas, and are more sounds than my own. I tend to let my creativity get the best of me and I realize what I'm suggesting would never be implemented by klei due to the sheer work of it all. Still, its fun to speculate would could be possible with how magical and mysterious our little imp seems to be.

By the way your rebuttal was very well thought out and you clearly have a better grasp on Wortox than I do. I really appreciate your comment. 

We can talk about anything we want in this thread right? If so then I want to express my colossal disappointment for two things-

1- That they added a Terraria world Gen setting to the world Gen toggles but didn’t take the time to make that “feel” like terraria by reskinning bats into flying demon eyes or Birchnut trees to look like the Terraria versions- I don’t even play that much of that game but if your going to have a world preset for it you should probably use it to the maximum capabilities possible.

2- Speaking of World Gen settings, I’m equally disappointed that we got them for the Terrarium and Eye of Terror before we got world Gen toggles for Water Logged Biome related stuff.

Archived