[Poll] On Forumites Starving Together

dont mouth when your talk is full  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Do you play with other members of the Klei Forums?

2. 2. If yes for question 1, how often?

• I always play with fellow forumgoers.
    • I sometimes play with fellow forumgoers.
    • I rarely play with fellow forumgoers.
    • I answered no for question 1.
  3. 3. If yes for question 1, has your experience been pleasant?

4. 4. If you answered No for question 1, would you be willing to play with any given fellow forumgoers specifically?

A bit of context, i suppose

okay so a long time back a friend and i asked everyone in the foruns if they wanted to play on a server together and only a few ppl showed up

world was long term anyway and we had loads of fun even if it was mostly just the two of us anyway

looking back it was a bittersweet experience, playing with said person

and I want to know if you guys have found friends on the forums or at least have a desire to

2 minutes ago, VirgilEngineer said:

My Friends don't want to play don't starve with me, so why not play with some Of You guys out there? Sounds Nice especially finaly having people as dedicated as me with ideas and Challenges!

I have the same problem, I bought copies of DST for like 15 different people and only 2 of them still play.. the rest just weren’t interested I guess.

There are a few people here on the forums who are on different platforms that we agreed to play together when/if the game ever becomes crossplay but for now- I just play mostly alone in password locked rooms, but keep the server to online so my friends can still join if they want.

I don't play on pubs most of the time, but I do occasionally end up on the same server with forumites on forge. That's just coincidences tho. 

I play almost exclusively long term. That's why if any forumite wanted to make a world together, we would have to drag it until 1000 days at least, and we would have to get along enough. 

6 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I have the same problem, I bought copies of DST for like 15 different people and only 2 of them still play.. the rest just weren’t interested I guess.

This is literally me-

I can't even imagine the amount of money i wasted with my friends thinking i'll be playing with them, but I end up in a server alone, My last megabase had 1500 days, while My friends who rarely play had like 27 days, sad

i don't play survival that often anymore, just been getting busy and then used my free time to play reforged mod instead of survival

i've encountered people on the forums in lobbies but not intentionally

i'm not bad at survival (i think) and i'd be willing to pick it up again as long as i dont play alone. i dont like playing solo

I run into forumers on public servers fairly often. It does suck that the nature of the public server doesn't really support me getting too invested in the world, so it's only ever for a few seasons.

Have never done a server with forumers with the intentions to actually make something of it though

I played mostly alone on my own server but recently (re)discover that playing Together was way more fun. Building your base, having neighbours here and there, trading, sharing and helping each other on a long term server is the experience i always wanted in this game and i would love to do it again with other forumers (even console player if it was possible).

For the most part, I occasionally grace pub servers like some mysterious, largely silent fae creature and run an experiment or speedrun some silly goal...but familiar names do pop up now and then.
Nice experience. Shenanigans sometimes occur. I enjoy these fleeting moments.

what im saying is that if the hypothetical server is named something recognizable, I might pop in and play once in a millennia and bridge to the moon or line a biome with potatoes or something

Spoiler

I may actually just be a slightly busy/astronomically shy lizard person, but you didn't hear that from me.

38 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I’d love to play with all and any of you. The problem is that outside of my region (South America) my ping sucks and I can barely kite anything. But I was thinking in look you up a bit more.

Wanda must be a Nightmare of a character for you then.. her constantly draining health on top of the lag not knowing when your REALLY safe enough to use her clock.. I know the pain man I know the pain..

I'm scared that my perspective of the game will change and I wont be able to go back to play solo. What if my supposed "friend" pulls a "draw four" and dies irl, or worse, gets bored of the game? I'm not sure if that is a risk I'm willing to make.

Archived