1. 1. do you think a crossover will happen

• no
    • yes
  2. 2. do you want a crossover to happen

• yes
    • no
    • indifferent

Baark0    1114

So it's pretty likely something will be happening with DST and Terraria, I mean the whole clean sweeper skin thing really points towards that, and I'm curious as to people's thoughts about this. I'm more excited for what Terraria might get out of something like this, since it means more Terraria content to play around with. I don't see DST doing much other than some skins however, although a crossover thing hasn't really happened with DST before (afaik).

• Like 2

Mike23Ua    12162
55 minutes ago, Erineyes7 said:

Terraria having a crossover with DST: YES

DST having a crossover with Terraria: Just skins please. Content like this would just be out of place imo, and I hate to be mean to Klei, but please don't be anything more...

I have a feeling your about to be disappointed, I have this feeling based on the Known content schedule Klei stated we would be getting 3 more updates this year- a 2nd and teased as “substantial” QOL update which could come out in October or November, And For December we already know that months update is Wolfgangs Rework.

3 updates left this year- a QoL, a Game Content Update, and a Rework. (And not exactly in that order)

Now it is important to note that a GAME Content Update would be something on par with Water Logged or Forgotten Knowledges.. adding the usual new Biome, New Mobs in that biome, new resources in that biome Etc..

If what’s coming was an EVENT like Year of the Beefalo or Midsummers Cawnival they would’ve labeled it as an event.. 

But instead it’s labeled as Game Content Update- Most likely a Water Logged part 2/Terriaria cross over content.

Because just skins does not and has never counted as a Game content update.

So now your asking how do I know the October update won’t be the 2nd QoL.. well- I would imagine if I’m going to do a QoL that gives players more toggles over what spawns in their worlds.. I would obviously schedule that QoL for AFTER I’ve released all planned Game Content Updates for that years roadmap.

But Klei works on their own schedule using their own logic so it’s anyone’s guess really what they’ll do next.

I just know that with a Game Content Update on the current roadmap, that this terraria cross-over thing (if such a thing is even real..) is going to be a little more then just a few skins.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 2

Karitha    3308

I think it just be a skin thing like Terraria skins in DST and few DST things in terraria. Nothing impressive for both side. I don't want/care if it happens because I always keep myself away from skins that don't fit lore very well.

If we are gonna get concept, as a person that finished terraria like 5 times, I think it's okay to have DST stuffs in Terraria because Terraria is mix of everything (you can fight ancient creatures with a dolphin smg) but can not say same thing about DST. DST have a concept that can not fit everything inside of it. Of course there is things that would look ultracool like moonlord, blood moon etc but I think it would be lazy and ugly to copying stuff instead of making new ones.

Also Terraria known by unsuccesfull crossover that called otherworld, just saying.

Edited by Karitha
  • Big Ups 1

ADM    9617

I really want to see what they plan to do in terms of crossovers, just skins would be alright for fans, but even as someone who wasn’t really into Terraria, I still want to see more getting added out of them as I know there’s so many players who love the game and there would lots of fitting elements / interactions benefiting of DST gameplay. So I wouldn’t mind at all content DLC as I wish it happen to game I prefer more too, but now it all depends of Klei, back then they said they didn’t wanted any paid content that would put appart some players from other, but after that arrived spools, DLC characters, all that would probably allow players to get crossover DLC from free with a tiny grind. Or maybe the non-skin part would be free ? I guess only time will tell but I'm full of hope to more cross-over if Klei can reach other interesting licences.

• Like 1

Handsome_Jack    247

it  just gona be dumb skins for item and character skin which they cosplay terraria npc and that suckks. If it was good then it would added a new player character like druid and real items and things and it would be a event like halloween which a blood moon can happen and eye of cthulu can spawn that would be amazing not just lame skins which u have to spend so long to get good one or pay money

• Haha 1
  • GL Happy 1

Capybara007    451

I think most people will be fine with just skins, they never did a collab before so we cant certainly say they will do it correctly but there isnt too much window to mess things up

Edited by Capybara007
Correction of "certaily" to certainly
  • Like 1

x0-VERSUS-1y    7918

If "big October announcement" will be such collaboration with Re-Logic and some Terraria/DST "crossover" will come out of it, I too believe will be, most likely in DST's case, just certain Terraria-themed skins. More-so, KLei's collaboration with Capy/Capybara Games on DS: Shipwrecked doesn't seem to have ended on amicable terms so... hmm. We'll see. As always my expectation are very low and probably won't be disappointed by anything that would actually pop from this side of things.

Edited by x0-VERSUS-1y
  • Like 2
  • Sanity 1

ArubaroBeefalo    12314
Just now, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

KLei's collaboration with Capy/Capybara Games on DS: Shipwrecked doesn't seem to have ended in amicable terms so...

I though klei with some of the capy devs made hamlet for fun after sw was published

• Like 1

x0-VERSUS-1y    7918
1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

I though klei with some of the capy devs made hamlet for fun after sw was published

Take this with a grain of salt, but from what I've read and heard, it was not the case. KLei also did a "re-visit" of SW content after said expansion was out for quite some time, doing redesigns, re-balances and whatnot - and that speaks for itself regarding KLei satisfaction with Capy's collaboration and quality level.

• Like 1

Terra B Welch    8249
2 hours ago, ALCRD said:

Dryad "clothes" for one of the survivors. That would be "interesting" to see :wilson_laugh:

Maxwell already has dryad clothes, they just aren't Terraria dryad clothes.

• Like 2

Mike23Ua    12162

But guys.. the three 100% confirmed updates left this year are a Content Update, Wolfgang Rework, QoL update, And not exactly in that order either. It won’t be just skins because that isn’t a game content update, it also won’t be limited event because they would’ve already stated if it were.

My guess is it will permanently add things that fit DST well enough or maybe be a cross-over themed horde mode?

Edited by Mike23Ua

Theukon-dos    3344
2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

But guys.. the three 100% confirmed updates left this year are a Content Update, Wolfgang Rework, QoL update, And not exactly in that order either.

It won’t be just skins because that isn’t a game content update, it also won’t be limited event because they would’ve already stated so if it were.

My guess is they will permanently add things that fit DST well enough or maybe add a cross-over themed horde mode?

I'm guessing that the stuff will still be hallowed nights/halloween themed, but end up staying all year 'round, similar to how Klaus is a christmas-themed boss added with Winter's feast, but can be fought every winter.

7 hours ago, Creatorofswamps said:

Why are you all so poisonous, the developers are not fools, they know how the game works and know how and what to add to make it look good, after all, SEVERAL WORLDS ARE ALREADY INVOLVED in dst, so if we have a lava world and a world with a mouth in the sky in the plot, then I don't see anything wrong with objects, maybe even a boss (for example, a world eater is quite lorno justified) from terraria

dilyUW7o4qU.jpg

Actually, now that you mention it. Eater of World's with Pugalisk's AI...

• Like 3
  • Health 1

SomebodyRandom    488
7 hours ago, Karitha said:

Also Terraria known by unsuccesfull crossover that called otherworld, just saying.

Otherworld isn't a crossover tho, that was a remake.

Terraria's crossovers are good, I've played through OOA and it's a decent event. Heck, the SDMG is a crossover weapon and everyone loves it.

• Like 2