1. 1. do you think a crossover will happen

• no
    • yes
  2. 2. do you want a crossover to happen

• yes
    • no
    • indifferent

3 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

no i hated that part for it alredy 1 reason to play on journey mode was to just disable its bad game disign spreading and pretty much make the game not playable because taken time would just mean everything is purple and annoying i dont want even more enemy spam in terraria then i alredy have to deal whit and if that bad game disign comes into dst make sure that i will just disable that stuff too

If you don't like it that's fine, but it's hardly bad design.

Early on you can use sunflowers to stop it's spread. It's super slow at this point, so unless you're going at a snail's pace there's no point but the option exists.

It's only when triggering Hardmode where it becomes harder to contain. Luckily you get to choose when to trigger Hardmode so you can take precautions.

That said, I'd prefer that doesn't make it's way into DST.

1 hour ago, Zeklo said:

If you don't like it that's fine, but it's hardly bad design.

Early on you can use sunflowers to stop it's spread. It's super slow at this point, so unless you're going at a snail's pace there's no point but the option exists.

It's only when triggering Hardmode where it becomes harder to contain. Luckily you get to choose when to trigger Hardmode so you can take precautions.

That said, I'd prefer that doesn't make it's way into DST.

the thing about that is it forces me to not have my creatity at all and just rush the game to stop it pretty much makes it worse that just more purple stuff spawn out of no where just because you destroy the 3 altars for new ore you have to rush for realy because well now theres more enemy spam at you so thats realy is my most hated thing about terraria enemy spam and force me into playing something fast like imagine if the only way to protect yourself from winter is inside the ruins pretty much just forcing you to be fast or you goin to have a bad time

25 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

the thing about that is it forces me to not have my creatity at all and just rush the game to stop it pretty much makes it worse that just more purple stuff spawn out of no where just because you destroy the 3 altars for new ore you have to rush for realy because well now theres more enemy spam at you so thats realy is my most hated thing about terraria enemy spam and force me into playing something fast like imagine if the only way to protect yourself from winter is inside the ruins pretty much just forcing you to be fast or you goin to have a bad time

I’ve never played terraria but I’ve played games with similar concepts to what your describing Fable, A plagues Tale, State of Decay 2 in a way…

For SOME people always having something you have to rush to beat is fun.. A decaying world of corruption, you need to slow the process of decay and find a way to cure.

This pretty much explains Blood Plague in State of Decay 2- when your players take damage they become infected with a virus, if the virus is not cured in a timely matter, your character dies.

Shipwrecked & Hamlet had a similar poison mechanic, but Fable & Plagues tale took things to a whole new level of having Actual biomes start decaying if the player did nothing to prevent or slow its decay.

I imagine something like this would be a completely optional harder mode, like Aporkaylpse Calander 2.0

45 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

bro who cares about biome spreading, just protect the areas you care about and ignore the rest of the world

Sure, why not? Frog and Slime rain at the same time, awesome. The Bee Queen is already the same, awesome. We'll be able to put the moon lord to fight the celestial champion, awesome. A living log, five nightmare fuel, and some shadow scales for a dark sword, awesome. No hunger in Don't Starve anymore, but in Terraria, AWESOME. (Sorry for bad english)

10 hours ago, Dr.Medic said:

the thing about that is it forces me to not have my creatity at all and just rush the game to stop it

I think like you're exaggerating here. I've never felt the need to rush the game just because of the corruption spreading only, even if you're playing for the first time you should have no problems handling it. The pace in terraria is really something you decide for yourself, because corruption is hardly very punishing as there are many ways to stop/reverse the progress, and aside from that, there are no other "punishments" for progressing slowly, but it might be that our experiences simply differ.

enemy spam

I feel like you're expecting Terraria to be something it is not. It was always more of an RPG than sandbox, you're supposed to be fighting off tons of enemies, that's not a bad design. And you can always resort to journey mode, which makes the gameplay even more customizable and allows you to build in peace. Kind of like the peaceful mode in Minecraft.

imagine if the only way to protect yourself from winter is inside the ruins pretty much just forcing you to be fast or you goin to have a bad time

Except the winter kind of does force you to be fast, because if you spend all your time building your base, forget about storing food and getting insulation items and go into the winter completely unprepared, you will have a bad time.

It's like saying DST has a bad game design because the insanity mechanism spams you with shadow creatures and you can't build a base in peace.

And just like winter in DST has many ways of dealing with it, so does corruption in terraria.

9 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I’ve never played terraria but I’ve played games with similar concepts to what your describing Fable, A plagues Tale, State of Decay 2 in a way…

Except not really, I wouldn't say the corruption is the main theme of the game, it's just the mascot evil. The game doesn't focus all around fighting the disease, you just go around and slaughter everything on your way, facing stronger enemies and bosses as you progress and getting stronger yourself at the same time, simple. Banishing the corruption is completely optional and not the actual objective.

Now, coming back to DST, I think adding an entirely new biome would be too much of a change.

I wouldn't really mind some reskins though, and some thematically fitting skins wouldn't be bad either, like a new skin for wormwood referecing plantera, for an example.

8 hours ago, SoupRiced said:

I feel like you're expecting Terraria to be something it is not. It was always more of an RPG than sandbox, you're supposed to be fighting off tons of enemies, that's not a bad design. And you can always resort to journey mode, which makes the gameplay even more customizable and allows you to build in peace. Kind of like the peaceful mode in Minecraft.

an rpg taht is full of enemy spam and dont realy advertise itself as an combat heavy game realy in fact the original vision of terraira was souposet to be able to have differend styles for everyone except thats not true anymore now whit it seeming that there is just combat stuff and building feels somewhat as just as an well just upgrate your stuff realy since well you know once a wall is dead there even more enemys spawning literaly from nothing every second so and even literaly every random event that can happen is all about combat more enemy spaming and for no good reasons too so there is that and i have played rpg before rpg that are actual rpg where you know what stats are and not just saying "improvements to all stats" what ever that means whitout a stat screen wich somehow is not hp and mp like literaly every other rpg game ever i know what is a good enought enemys at the same time in an rpg and what terraria is doin is way too much and way to fast to say that is a good amount of enemys at the same time

I do agree that hardmode evil biome spread sucks, it literally only exists because hardmode V generation is extremely unreliable and you very frequently end up with stuff like no surface hallowed. However, Friendly reminder that these are the klei forums, not terraria forums. If you guys want to argue about terraria I’d recommend doing it somewhere else.

Back on the topic of the potential collab, I’m curious if we do get any in-game content if it’ll be like most events where you have to toggle it, or if it’ll be like terraria’s OOA where it’s just a permanent addition to the game.

20 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

in fact the original vision of terraira

The "original" version of Terraria was underdeveloped and had only a few bosses so everyone kept complaining that it's just 2D Minecraft. As for the "enemy spam", enemy spawn rate is only increased in certain biomes and common enemies stop being a problem past the early stage of the game, besides there is a limit how many enemies can be present on screen at once, which prevents new enemies from spawning. If it's still a huge problem for you, fortunately, you can customize your gameplay much more now so everybody can be happy.

19 minutes ago, goblinball said:

Back on the topic of the potential collab, I’m curious if we do get any in-game content if it’ll be like most events where you have to toggle it, or if it’ll be like terraria’s OOA where it’s just a permanent addition to the game.

On the topic of the collab, it would be tricky to add anything functional because it would be difficult to explain lore-wise atleast to some degree, and many DST players would be surely upset by it.

If anything, I'd expect Terraria to add something from DST, having more liberty when it comes to adding content.

Implementing an event from one game to another would be problematic by itself, random unpredictible blood moons would be annoying to deal with in DST, while hound attacks or frog rain would be too easy if ported to Terraria. If we're inplementing an event from one game to another it would have to be optional. In any case, I would expect Terraria to get a new NPC/Event rather than DST.

5 hours ago, SlotMachineGun7 said:

Dark Sword could be Nights edge, Thulecite club could be Excalibur or something, Some kind of plantera related thing for Wormwood, Maybe a moon lord skin for Wurt. All i know is, if its a Terraria Skin Collection, im hyped to see terraria items in the DST Art style :)

As for the reskins there is a lot of potential though. Thats where I would place my bet especially since I heard that Klei told us to save our points.

Why do people say that adding this or that will break the games lore?

The constant is a realm full of literal magic, wormholes, portals, wacky time shenanigans etc.

Does Hammering the Hot Air Balloon in DS Single Player (when you have DLC Compatibility toggled to on) dropping a can of Silly String break the games lore?

Silly String wasn’t invented until way after the events of everyone being sucked into the constant.. 

Does Wendy’s hits weaker than average downside being non-existent when her sister Abigail applies a super natural curse to the enemies she attacks break the games lore?

I mean sure, any potential terraria cross-over content will likely be met with bad reception at first… but eventually players will come to their senses and accept them as a natural part of the game (unless they hold a grudge against the franchise forever after such an update, but hell you can’t please everyone!)

That said: I look at the constant as a WHOLE as being modeled after WHOEVER is sitting on the Throne at the time- and there’s evidence that backs this theory:

With DS Solo during Maxwells reign the world is darker, more bleak looking, grim, hopeless.

With DST, the world is significantly brighter and there are things like roses (Charlie’s mark) all over everywhere, including creeping up and down the florid portal itself.

IF Hallowed Nights and WintersFeast and year of Beefalo can be counted as Canon content- She also creates Eggnog for Maxwell because “She remembers its my favorite” She gives everyone Holiday Cheer orbs to remember something about their lives prior to their abduction into the constant. And she has cute little Shadow Carrats to race against her sister Winona.

Try it: Go right now and play as Maxwell, toggle on Wintersfeast and inspect Eggnog.

Then Play as Winona and inspect a Shadow Carrat during Year of the Carrat.

You can also see in the starting animation of the game where Charlie Literally has an inner battle with herself fighting for things to be dark and spooky or colorful and pretty before finally settling on a middle ground between the two.

My point? The constant is clearly modeled after whoever is on the throne, they may not have FULL Control over it because something won’t let them… (and if they did they could just easily escape its influence) but they have just enough control to change/modify a few things into their own vision/design.

So the REAL QUESTION is who sit on the throne adding Silly String into the world? Wanda is Time Traveller.. escaping her past, or maybe her future or both at the same time!! 

If Klei wants to add Terraria content into the game they’ll find a way to make it make sense.

I hope it's some few additions of content to work with the game and it would be mostly skins related to the whole thing. Or just a timely event for us to get some pretty crossover decorations or skins. Honestly I played only some of Terraria cause genuinely it's hard for me to get into it due to grindiness and static 2D environment, but it has a lot of decor potential for building and what not, which only big hopes that DST would get even more of it. I want more plant based decor :(

7 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

The constant is a realm full of literal magic, wormholes, portals, wacky time shenanigans etc.

What I meant is that DST has established lore and theme and you have to be careful what you add because some things not only wouldn't make sense lore-wise but also wouldn't fit with the DST's theme. Terraria has literal guns, nuff said.

Though I do admit Terraria and DST's lores have something in common and that is in both games the moon plays an important role, in DST we got the lunar island, lunar champion, wormwood's origins, moon rocks etc. and in Terraria the final boss is a deity from the moon, summoned by the rituals of lunatic cultists and accompanied by the invasion of otherworldly creatures.

I imagine something in shape of a lunar event with the celestial pillars, but it would be a late-game event, and it would have to be triggered by the player and optional.

3 hours ago, SoupRiced said:

What I meant is that DST has established lore and theme and you have to be careful what you add because some things not only wouldn't make sense lore-wise but also wouldn't fit with the DST's theme. Terraria has literal guns, nuff said.

Though I do admit Terraria and DST's lores have something in common and that is in both games the moon plays an important role, in DST we got the lunar island, lunar champion, wormwood's origins, moon rocks etc. and in Terraria the final boss is a deity from the moon, summoned by the rituals of lunatic cultists and accompanied by the invasion of otherworldly creatures.

I imagine something in shape of a lunar event with the celestial pillars, but it would be a late-game event, and it would have to be triggered by the player and optional.

If it was something big like that.. there would already be a Beta for it on going.. so that us console players could get the mostly bug free version when it has been tested by those on PC in Beta.

There is still time FOR a Beta.. but if Klei waits too long on that: By the time console players get the October Content update, October will be ending and we will have another situation where instead of Hallowed Nights starting at the start of October, they had to extended it through November/December right up till they disabled it and replaced with WintersFeast.

If there’s no Beta phase in the next few days: Then it’s pretty safe to assume the new thing they’re doing won’t be a big update.

Archived