207 members have voted

1. 1. do you think a crossover will happen

• no
    • yes
  2. 2. do you want a crossover to happen

• yes
    • no
    • indifferent

If terraria gets any actual content then it’s going to be another OOA and everybody will forget the crossover days after it happens. If DST gets any actual content then it doesn’t matter if it’s good or not people are still going to complain about it. This crossover is a mistake.

2 hours ago, Terra B Welch said:

Maxwell already has dryad clothes, they just aren't Terraria dryad clothes.

Yea i'm talking real Terraria Dryad clothes. ^^

Spoiler

(aka butt naked except some leaves here and there)

1 hour ago, Terra B Welch said:

Honestly if it ends up being a Terraria x DST crossover, I just hope it's better than the freaking dungeon defenders crossover, honestly I really didn't like Old One's Army in the slightest, let alone Dungeon Defenders.

Yea the event is annoying but at least the armors and some weapons from it are useful.

if it's just skins or even worse skins based off of terraria's Halloween vanity apparel then i wont care at all. if it's an event like the cawnival and adds something actually new to the game then it would actually be a collaboration worth having.. unfortunately not all games which collab do it in great ways like smash bros instead they usually just do boring aesthetic only stuff so i have 0 expectations for anything fun coming out of any collaboration dst could have with anything because i know i will just be disappointed when it's just a bundle of skins :wilson_tranquil:

TF2 got a Ham Bat and a Wilson weave. These are purely cosmetic items which fit in TF2, which lets you wear a banana on your head.

If Terraria gets a Wilson vanity set or a Wormwood vanity set, that would be fine, since Terraria is a game where you can cosplay as a creeper while shooting a dolphin as a submachine gun from a giant eye. If Terraria got a new moon-themed event, that would be fine too, as it did this before with old one's army.

If Don't Starve Together got major gameplay elements from Terraria, they would feel shoehorned in, like an afterthought.

At it's core, if you add Moon Lord to DST, the fourms will erupt in anger. If you add NPCs from Terraria to DST, the fourms will erupt in anger. If you add an event from Terraria to DST that can be permanently accessed, the forums will erupt in anger.

If you add anything except skins from Terraria to DST, the fourms will erupt in anger.

I'll be selling pitchforks and torches though, 2 gold for each but if you act now you can get both for only 3 gold!

In all seriousness, this crossover will make or break the future of the game. It's the first crossover, and so it carries a lot of weight on its shoulders. If it's good, we are likely to get more crossovers in the future. If it's bad and doesn't make a lot of money... Klei is a good company, but it still has to make a profit.

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

But guys.. the three 100% confirmed updates left this year are a Content Update, Wolfgang Rework, QoL update, And not exactly in that order either. It won’t be just skins because that isn’t a game content update, it also won’t be limited event because they would’ve already stated if it were.

My guess is it will permanently add things that fit DST well enough or maybe be a cross-over themed horde mode?

Actually, we know the order, QoL in october, content update most likely in november and the rework in december

Wait, what? I thought all this DST/Terraria crossover thing was a joke or something. I just searched up the leaked Spectre Paintbrush skin in DST and the actual Spectre Paintbrush in Terraria and there is no way that is a coincidence. As far as gameplay changes go I don't think that they'll add anything, and I agree with most people that it would be the better option. (I mean Terraria has go some weird stuff in it.) Skins is all that I would hope for honestly, and I'm not sure about character skins. They'll probably just finish the Costume sets this year. But item skins totally, like imagine a Stardust Hamaxe hammer skin in DST.

But seriously, imagine what this would do to DST's popularity. Since Terraria is already massively popular most Terraria players I would assume would at least be somewhat interested in the game that Terraria's crossing with, if such a crossover is happening.

1 hour ago, LinknAllie said:

I'd like to see a character skin set for all the characters based on Terraria NPCs.  Wanda being the Steampunker for example.  But I doubt it will happen.

I'm expecting just item skins. The closest thing to a character skin would be something like the traveling merchant hat skin for the top hat

You know, Klei DID say this was something they'd never done before.

They've done a crossover with TF2 before.

Granted, TF2 got the items and not DST, and we have the Spectre Paintbrush skin for the sweeper, so there is viable evidence that there will be a crossover.

But something they've never done before is re-add a deleted character to the game.

Warbucks enjoyers, today we rise.

10 minutes ago, Mx-Pain said:

What is Terraria in the first place ?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terraria

I personally never could get into it.. but eh to each their own I guess.

The ironic part of this whole conversation is Terraria has done crossover before with other games like Minecraft so IF this Crossover goes over well-

Expect a DS Themed World Mash Up pack to come to Minecraft in the future (this is not a joke.. it’s a 100% likely outcome.)

If they do make something more than just skins, I hope it isn't something intrusive to the normal gameplay progression.

The old one's army can be completely ignored after you find the Tavernkeep NPC, but if you do decide to do it, then you get cool weapons(which don't break the progression, but offer an alternative at that point), pets, and decorations.

Same should be in dst. An event, which you can ignore if you don't want to do the crossover: You find something(a golden chest from terraria, for example), that has a blueprint, that starts the event when you build it.

So uhh I know next to nothing about Terraria but looking it up on Google lead me to this:

DD494BFC-7503-4023-909E-B72BE56D3D00.thumb.jpeg.011f600f951a8bf186572b862a434af0.jpeg

A “Canceled” Sequel for Terraria I find this ironic because Klei stated they removed Disease from DST because it was an unfinished, unfun, not fully fleshed out mechanic- and they also stated that IF they brought back Disease into the game… they would do it differently, a “Disease 2.0” if you will- Which ironically is exactly what this “Cancelled Terraria Sequel” sounded like it would play like..

I don’t want to get anyone’s hopes up.. but dang now I’m hyped for a potential Terraria Cross-Over that reinvents the Disease mechanic.

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Which ironically is exactly what this “Cancelled Terraria Sequel” sounded like it would play like..

I guess you could interpret it that way.

The Corruption is an evil biome in Terraria, it slowly takes over the planet and you can stop it's advances with the help of some tools. It gives cool items to help you, such as weapons, crafting items, and accessories, and it has a boss fight which drops the material for a pickaxe that allows you to mine Hellstone.

So you have 2 options, you vanquish this world-dominating evil and stop it from ruining your world. Or you use it to your advantage by looting it's monsters and mining the modified ore it creates.

From the information I got from the Otherworld trailers and stuff, I'd say it's more like an HD remake with some new mechanics and tweaks than a sequel.

47 minutes ago, Terra B Welch said:

If we end up with Terraria's corruption in DST then I want the freaking clentaminator to fend it off.

Honestly, that would be pretty sweet if the corruption/crimson was in DST. Would make long term worlds more interesting.

5 hours ago, Terra B Welch said:

If we end up with Terraria's corruption in DST then I want the freaking clentaminator to fend it off.

no i hated that part for it alredy 1 reason to play on journey mode was to just disable its bad game disign spreading and pretty much make the game not playable because taken time would just mean everything is purple and annoying i dont want even more enemy spam in terraria then i alredy have to deal whit and if that bad game disign comes into dst make sure that i will just disable that stuff too

Archived