Our Newest Survivor Has Arrived! Meet Wanda!

My top hopes for the next Refresh were WX and Wolfgang. 

I don't think WX can possibly be messed up, it has so much potential. Wolfgang, on the other hand...I think we won't need any heating when that refresh comes. No matter which path is taken, the forums will be burning down. Looks like we'll be warm for the winter!

I don't play Wolfgang but I am eager to see what happens to him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lololololplayer said:

sad that they nerfed her after I already bought her. why nerf in a pve game?

They barely even nerfed anything super important. All her insane damage buffs and most of her tools are still the exact same as they were. You just can't spam revive everyone including yourself anymore

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lololololplayer said:

what do you mean? was yesterday beta? she was supposed to be realeased on sept 9th no?

She was released on September 9. And she has received no nerfs since. The only nerfs Wanda has ever received happened before she was added to the public branch, so only the people who had access to the wanda_preview beta would even notice those nerfs.

Meaning, she was already nerfed when you bought her and she hasn't been changed afterwards (aside from fixing some bugs that made her harder to play).

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Falkenpelz said:

Okay Klei, I love your animation style with all my heart and look up to it as a goal to achieve as an animator to be and all that, but who decided, that Wanda's hair in the menu needs exactly two frames of animation??:D Tagging the ambassador of the forum @JoeW here

i think its meant to represent the tik-tok of a clock

• Like 1

I’m assuming Xbox still has an old version of the new update.. I thought I read where Catcoons would attempt to attack Wanda and steal her watches because they’re Shiny 

Is this an actual thing or did I misread something somewhere? :wilson_cry:

Edited by Mike23Ua

I gotta thank klei for the new additions for modders, Wanda brought something new to the table on damage modifiers, so I decided to have a little fun with my budding chef mod.

Spoiler

I made it so she could equip and use the alarming clock, but slapped a 0.33x damage modifier on it exclusively for her(Wanda remains completely untouched and vanilla! Also that's a 0.33x modifier on top of Wendy's 0.75x modifier) So for budding chef it ends up doing 20.2 charged and 6.7 uncharged, even Abigail only increases the charged damage to 22.2, so best leave this weapon to a time professional like Wanda! Hehe...

clockweaponeasteregg.gif.30d94bcfd10049ff5a703205feb19071.gif

I honeslly just did this because I like the attack animation and the sound it makes, like how Maxwell can read Wickerbottom's books but can't craft them, Budding chef can use this weapon, but Wanda still has to craft it.

Maybe that new food code might allow a mod to disable health values for all food items with positive values(not like Wormwood, this would be positive values only). Maybe I'll give that a shot, maybe I won't, depends how I feel about failing at LUA. >.>

• Like 1

Can someone please let me know if Wanda is intentionally supposed to see Shadow monsters roaming around when she is fully sane?

Perhaps the other players in the server with me were lower Sanity but even still- I shouldn’t see them so dark as if they had manifested to attack ME.. right?

11 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Can someone please let me know if Wanda is intentionally supposed to see Shadow monsters roaming around when she is fully sane?

Perhaps the other players in the server with me were lower Sanity but even still- I shouldn’t see them so dark as if they had manifested to attack ME.. right?

Even at minimum sanity with shadow monsters aggro'd onto me they're not that opaque for me.

Edited by SomebodyRandom