Our Newest Survivor Has Arrived! Meet Wanda!

12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Can someone please let me know if Wanda is intentionally supposed to see Shadow monsters roaming around when she is fully sane?

Perhaps the other players in the server with me were lower Sanity but even still- I shouldn’t see them so dark as if they had manifested to attack ME.. right?

That's definitely a bug. Must be a multiplayer bug or exclusive to the xbox because I have yet to encounter this.

Either that or Charlie is coming to kill you, Mike. 

• Wavey 1

Klei Please change Wortox's Soul drops giving Wanda a small amount of her time back or making each soul reduce clock cooldowns.. Since him consuming his souls himself is considered hoping through "space and time". I don't see why it wouldn't make sense. As it stand's Souls do diddly squat for Wanda.

26 minutes ago, Ryeknox said:

Klei Please change Wortox's Soul drops giving Wanda a small amount of her time back or making each soul reduce clock cooldowns.. Since him consuming his souls himself is considered hoping through "space and time". I don't see why it wouldn't make sense. As it stand's Souls do diddly squat for Wanda.

that would break the point of only being able to heal by her clocks

• Like 3

820850C5-7CD9-46AC-A9B2-E984461E9C23.thumb.jpeg.51e04f4629a36e531f02fc41e1917157.jpeg

Can someone elaborate further on this?? I was under the assumption that Klei gave Catcoons new code where they would become aggressive to and attack Wanda stealing her watches and running away with them 

(Like how bunny-men attack you for holding a specific type of loot in your inventory.. and how Piko Squirrels in Hamlet scramble to shove the tree nuts in their cheeks and run away with them)

I think this would be a very very ADORABLE (but sad) exclusive Wanda gameplay feature.

However- as of right now.. Catcoons seem to completely IGNORE Wanda (yes I got brave enough to stand near one with watches in my inventory just to see if they really DID steal the watches.. they do not- least not on Xbox Series X/S they currently do Not..)

Edited by Mike23Ua

49 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

that would break the point of only being able to heal by her clocks

That's why I also suggested it be a small amount. Like 3-4 years off per soul. Or even better reduce the cool down a second or 2 each soul she receives. 

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

820850C5-7CD9-46AC-A9B2-E984461E9C23.thumb.jpeg.51e04f4629a36e531f02fc41e1917157.jpeg

Can someone elaborate further on this?? I was under the assumption that Klei gave Catcoons new code where they would become aggressive to and attack Wanda stealing her watches and running away with them 

(Like how bunny-men attack you for holding a specific type of loot in your inventory.. and how Piko Squirrels in Hamlet scramble to shove the tree nuts in their cheeks and run away with them)

I think this would be a very very ADORABLE (but sad) exclusive Wanda gameplay feature.

However- as of right now.. Catcoons seem to completely IGNORE Wanda (yes I got brave enough to stand near one with watches in my inventory just to see if they really DID steal the watches.. they do not- least not on Xbox Series X/S they currently do Not..)

That means that if the items are on the ground, catcoons can walk up and take them. You ever chop down a birchnut tree while a catcoon is nearby and it steals a birchnut?

The crappy thing is that they don't drop the items when they die, nor do you get them when you destroy their dens. Once the catcoon steals it, it's gone for good.

Edited by Dr. Safety
  • Haha 1
  • Happy Hazard 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Safety said:

The crappy thing is that they don't drop the items when they die, nor do you get them when you destroy their dens. Once the catcoon steals it, it's gone for good.

This part is highly unfortunate, but other then that I think it would be cute if they actually stole Wanda’s clocks (and she could kill them to get them back of course!)

• Like 1

From a gameplay perspective I get that it makes no sense but it'd kind of weird how Wanda's examination quote for the Bat Bat is ''Steals the enemies life span and adds it to my own'' when it doesn't work for her. Other healing items she says ''I can't use this!'' or ''I don't need this, I need TIME!'' but the way she talks about the Bat Bat makes it seem like it would actually work for her.

• Like 8
  • Wavey 1
  • GL Happy 1

On 9/12/2021 at 1:34 PM, FreyaMaluk said:

@ScottHansen
Just to clear cuz you know people from all over the world read this anouncements
the "wolfgang rework" was meant to be a joke right?>
The tone of that was a bit weird!

Was it? I believe the tone WAS the joke, because they're aware about the weight of a Wolfgang rework, 

• Haha 2
  • Sanity 1

4 hours ago, DaZoul said:

Was it? I believe the tone WAS the joke, because they're aware about the weight of a Wolfgang rework, 

I'm in disbelieve tbh... *cries in Maxwell*

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

I recall one of the devs saying the trio would be the hardest: Wickerbottom, wolfgang, and WX.

for sure... ergo why go for him now specially when Max is is dare need of a change

9 hours ago, minespatch said:

Plot reasons. Pretty sure why Wilson and Max are last(despite people crying for a Wilson rework).

nobody is crying and im willing to bet almost nobody will play wilson for long after his rework, since he's so full of prejudice.

On 9/15/2021 at 9:10 PM, FreyaMaluk said:

I'm in disbelieve tbh... *cries in Maxwell*

for sure... ergo why go for him now specially when Max is is dare need of a change

Trust me I've wanted a Maxwell rework ever since they announced the reworks nearly 3 years ago. Really staying true to his quote he used to say when trying to use a chest that someone else was using. "Worry not, pal. I've the patience of a saint"

• Like 2

On 9/16/2021 at 3:10 AM, FreyaMaluk said:

why go for him now specially when Max is is dare need of a change

9 hours ago, Dr. Safety said:

Really staying true to his quote he used to say when trying to use a chest that someone else was using. "Worry not, pal. I've the patience of a saint"

I think Klei should rework the big 3 first then Maxwell and Wilson last.

It's just fitting that the original antagonist and protagonist get reworked last. Not to mention that we already know their backstories so their lore reveal could be quite massive. 

For example: Maxwell's short shows us how he influenced the Constant. How he experimented on creatures and created new ons. Or maybe how he explored the Constant and learned about the Ancients. Wilson's could show us what happened the moment he became trapped on the throne. Maybe he met Them? Maybe his mind became overwhelmed by throne's power? Like I said, those 2 will be the most important reworks in terms of the lore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Szczuku said:

I think Klei should rework the big 3 first then Maxwell and Wilson last.

It's just fitting that the original antagonist and protagonist get reworked last. Not to mention that we already know their backstories so their lore reveal could be quite massive. 

For example: Maxwell's short shows us how he influenced the Constant. How he experimented on creatures and created new ons. Or maybe how he explored the Constant and learned about the Ancients. Wilson's could show us what happened the moment he became trapped on the throne. Maybe he met Them? Maybe his mind became overwhelmed by throne's power? Like I said, those 2 will be the most important reworks in terms of the lore.

Without a doubt. I always knew him and Wilson would be last I just thought they'd be reworked by now. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Wanda is awesome, best solo character in the game (next to Wormwood ofc).

not only best solo, she is best in multiplayer as well:

• you guys need lightbulbs? bzzzt, bzzzt. Here you go.
  • you guys need to turn eggs and trinkets into gold? Or get Glommer? Or kill werepigs during full moon? bzzt, bzzt. Here, done.
  • You guys need to craft something at Ancient station? bzzt, bzzt. Done.
  • You guys need to get something from Lunar? Or complete Pearl's quests? bzzt, bzzt.
  • Wanna ressurect?
  • Wanna go somewhere?

...unless you are playing the first 20 days that is.

I'm kind of sad, that she really overshadowed other characters for me in longer lasting worlds. But the teleport ability makes up for the sadness. It's just so good.  She is pretty balanced in terms of dying (i'm dying as her more often than any character probably) but she is OP in mostly every other aspect of the game. Also everytime i die, i can res myself and continue playing without much delay. Ressurection item + teleport to safety combo is very strong. I like her.

• Health 1

45 minutes ago, Cr4zyFl4mes said:

Yes! People says she's op in terms of power but they overlook her real op'ness and that is convenience. 

Things are looking grim for every other character. I'm addicted to teleporting and I don't know if I can go back to not having it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, HowlVoid said:

Yes! People says she's op in terms of power but they overlook her real op'ness and that is convenience. 

Things are looking grim for every other character. I'm addicted to teleporting and I don't know if I can go back to not having it.

R.I.P Former Wormwood Main.

• Wavey 1