What minor stuff from SW/HAM would you want in DST?

By minor things I mean like items, minor mechanic tweaks or even items that are similar but have their own touch(like strident trident being DST's trident, or bull kelp being DST's seaweed) So nothing huge from either DLCs,

For example, both Warly's update and the Return of Them updates introduced several crockpot dishes from both Shipwrecked(Banana Pop, California Roll, Ceviche, Seafood Gumbo, Surf n Turf, etc.) and Hamlet(Asparagus Soup, Vegitable Stinger, etc.), not to mention fish morsels and fish meat being ported to DST from shipwrecked too.

For me, I'd mainly want to see the steamed ham sandwich reach DST, maybe if Klei decided to add a bunch of new islands there could be some kind of DST equivalent to bean bugs too, which could make feijoada.

Just another curiosity thread! Discuss.

Idk if this can be considered minor but I would love a mob with Doydoy mating/reproduction mechanics. I absolutely love doydoys they were always my first priority in SW :lol:.

im a stardew player at heart, RWYS was amazing for farming but when it comes to animal husbandry theres isnt much in DST beside beefalo domestication, birdcage, tallbird eggs, bees and dustmoths. (Goats are pretty hands-off..)

I just want a cute little mob to build a pen for and watch multiply :-D and collect their produce wether that be eggs or whatever. 

i think saladmanders could have been a prime candidate for a doydoy style mating system but alas

Shipwrecked- Beach Biome, Palm Trees, Snakes, Coconuts, Walani.

Hamlet- Dense Amazon Jungle, Walking HOSTILE Plants to everyone except Wormwood, Scorpions, Wagstaff.

SW+Ham- Poison Mechanics with DoT bleed out effects.

Piko Squirrels and Pog are also great candidates for this list because not only do they add more life to the environment, they also steal your food and rummage through storage boxes.

For a game all about Survival… Don’t Starve Together needs more stuff like that.

Coffee and elephant cactus are something that I have always missed in DST, and this was one of the reasons why I returned to the single-player game many times, even though it hasn't been updated for a long time. Of course, there are now beefalos for quick movement, but I noticed that most of the time I still walk myself. Although maybe developers think it's too cheater an item to port it. I need cactus or an object with their mechanics, because there is no normal scheme for butterfly farming in DST. Except for cats, but cats are such a hassle. As for Hamlet... Well, I definitely liked the root trunk, as well as the mechanic of the bramble bloom itself. And, oddly enough, those thunderbirds. Everyone complains that WX doesn't have a stable and cheap way to recharge, but in Hamlet there was one. But this is something that makes the game easier. As for danger... Well, poisoning is definitely an interesting mechanic.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Shipwrecked- Beach Biome, Palm Trees, Snakes, Coconuts, Walani.

Hamlet- Dense Amazon Jungle, Walking HOSTILE Plants to everyone except Wormwood, Scorpions, Wagstaff.

SW+Ham- Poison Mechanics with DoT bleed out effects.

Piko Squirrels and Pog are also great candidates for this list because not only do they add more life to the environment, they also steal your food and rummage through storage boxes.

For a game all about Survival… Don’t Starve Together needs more stuff like that.

Absolutely minor stuff.

6 minutes ago, Well-met said:

blunderbuss 100%

yes and also add an old man with a nice fine mustache better than anyone else's facial hair to hold that gun also make this old man love money and dislike not eating crockpot foods

1 minute ago, Dextops said:

yes and also add an old man with a nice fine mustache better than anyone else's facial hair to hold that gun also make this old man love money and dislike not eating crockpot foods

no

just blunderbuss

1 hour ago, Dextops said:

Sadly it doesnt fit dst theme and his quotes will be censured because of crying internet white knights so better not including him without his dark humor

Prime apes or just a Lunar Monkey Equivalent that mutates when it's full moon would be cool.
A doy doy like mob would be really cool,when you get rid of them in the world your last resource could be trying your luck in the loot stash for a new egg.
Beard Rug,yes, just beard rug.
Palm Trees or just a new tropical tree for the new islands would be cool,I just like the coconuts a lot and they don't have to be the same,maybe we could get coconut milk from it.
Root Trunk like structure would be ok but it makes more sense in HAM and SW, DST world scale is not that big but would be cool.

I don't think it's the right way to port stuff even tho I want the DLC characters in DST, cuz some structures,plants and mobs give the identity
 to those dlcs, but I cannot lie, would be cool.

Archived