How often do you rotate your camera?

How often do you rotate the camera?  

217 members have voted

1. 1. How often

• All the time
    • Occationally
    • In situations where it's needed
    • Never

Almost nonstop. I need full view, meaning the stuff hidden in the corners as well, and correct perspective when kiting. Looking behind trees etc during hunts, and at this point straight up ticks. The only time I do not rotate the camera is when I stay at my base, which is always built to be used from one perspective, as I try to build them kinda near water. 

I rotate the camera all the time. You see way more if you're walking towards the top of your screen instead of anywhere else. When creating structures and looking at them I will typically have the camera rotated either NW or NE, I forget which. I'll remember which it is when I play the game and immediately rotate the camera to face that direction.

I almost never rotate the camera. The world always feels off to me if it's not on the angle that it started on, and I get lost a lot when the camera is rotated, too. And it makes me a little dizzy. ^o^;>

I rotate the camera only when I need to till a spot in my farm that's blocked by another plant already growing, and then I rotate it right back to the way it was. I can't really think of any other time when it felt necessary to me.

All the time. To get that extra visibility from corners, for kiting so me and the enemy are aligned right infront of me AND 

Especially when Im building

The camera goes brrrrrrr

It has to to look good from all angles

I have a feeling that all the letsplayers and streamers that I have watched believe that you should never rotate the camera except in rare and absolutely necessary cases. Maybe it confuses their viewers, I don't know, it's always been very strange for me. I completely agree with the first answer - the base is built so that it has one main viewing angle. Otherwise, the camera is turned to where I'm running, and it can be any side. So your friend is not alone, I think many people play like that.

I insist on rotating the camera back to the default angle when I'm done, because otherwise all the turf textures look weird and it's much easier for me to get lost, but I rotate it to help me look behind obstructions, place certain structures, and follow tracks. Occasionally also situations like 'one of the other players put the cawnival memory minigame in on a weird angle and now the central pillar obscures half the playing field in the default camera'.

I rotate all the time, its more convenient for me.  I can see more, kite better, and sometimes the default orientation doesn't make for the best base building...  So I'm with the crowd of "My base is oriented, but I rotate always.  Don't tell me something is "north." lol

I recommend everyone who rotates often to remember which way north is when they spawn, by associating the terrain around the spawn gate with the various directions.

Knowing directions is pretty important. Especially without global positions. 

10 minutes ago, AlienMagi said:

I recommend everyone who rotates often to remember which way north is when they spawn, by associating the terrain around the spawn gate with the various directions.

I don't know, it's hard for me to understand. Never used it. What's the point?

3 hours ago, AlienMagi said:

or you can just make a compass if you ever want to share location with someone

10 hours ago, 0bit said:

Constantly. People will say things like "it's north east of spawn. it's left of base."
I cannot understand them.

I like using traditional North-South-East-West directions even though I rotate the camera all the time. Compass helps with that. Now Left-Right-Up-Down? That is pure nonesense in the constant :P

I rotate camera all the time unless I'm actively switching items or do something at base (which is built with camera rotation, but in a way to access everything conveniently from 1 angle).

I have a question to everyone who rotates camera often: how can you have enough fingers to keep them on 2 rotation buttons, button for map, for action, attack, shift (to move items quickly between containers) and switch items in the inventory (for example, torch/tool or cane/tool)? Because even though I'm moving my character with mouse, if I want to always press correct buttons as soon as I need their respective action, I feel like I'm forced to keep fingers on them. This leads me to lock camera angle in boss fights, especially that is noticeble in a fight with Fuelweaver. I could rebind some actions to another buttons, but it's either even less convenient (like pressing ctrl while my fingers are on Q, E, tab, space and F), or shape of other buttons is too similar and I would be forced to look to keybord and pay less attention to the actual screen.

I mean, I still can solo Fuelweaver and farm from 14 to 16 butterfies within 4 minutes with flowers spread out all over the screen, but I would like to make my life easier in that regard. And without quick camera rotation I don't think I have a chance to kill Fuelweaver without weather pain, Abigail or cheese because of woven shadows.

2 hours ago, Pig Princess said:

I rotate camera all the time unless I'm actively switching items or do something at base (which is built with camera rotation, but in a way to access everything conveniently from 1 angle).

I have a question to everyone who rotates camera often: how can you have enough fingers to keep them on 2 rotation buttons, button for map, for action, attack, shift (to move items quickly between containers) and switch items in the inventory (for example, torch/tool or cane/tool)? Because even though I'm moving my character with mouse, if I want to always press correct buttons as soon as I need their respective action, I feel like I'm forced to keep fingers on them. This leads me to lock camera angle in boss fights, especially that is noticeble in a fight with Fuelweaver. I could rebind some actions to another buttons, but it's either even less convenient (like pressing ctrl while my fingers are on Q, E, tab, space and F), or shape of other buttons is too similar and I would be forced to look to keybord and pay less attention to the actual screen.

I mean, I still can solo Fuelweaver and farm from 14 to 16 butterfies within 4 minutes with flowers spread out all over the screen, but I would like to make my life easier in that regard. And without quick camera rotation I don't think I have a chance to kill Fuelweaver without weather pain, Abigail or cheese because of woven shadows.

I don't. I just never found using the number keys comfortable in any game (my fingers' short...), so I always use my mouse. It gives my left hand less strain and can focus on just moving and attacking. 

If you want easy access to map, reassign it to Tab, it's very easy to use that way and you don't need player list most times. 

Archived