Klei Fest and Midsummer Cawnival!

I just would like to leave a little bit of feedback. 

First of all, thank you very much for the new drop and that I am included. I am really appreciative of that. 

Then let me get to the delicious icing on the cake, that is the Cawnival.

I am absolutely blown away in the best way. I feel like you can really tell how much you at Klei Entertainment and everyone who creates these things love what they are doing. Because the Cawnival Event is just oozing with passion and love and it really shows. You can really tell how much everyone loved what they did. Corvus Goodfeather, the Crow NPCs, all the assets, the rides and their beautiful animations. It is just such an incredible triumph what you achieved there.

This is by far my favourite seasonal event you have done, and you really outdid yourselves there. I feel like you can really tell how much thought you put into this. I love how alive the whole scene feels. I think it is the right direction to include more NPCs, just makes the whole world feel so alive and wonderful. The rides are really fun, my personal favourite is the one where you feed the baby crow animatronics with worms. It is just so beautifully animated. It is content, that at least imo is highly replayable and will get me to play many many many more hours. I appreciate the decor items, I appreciate the colours.

I as a basebuilder feel listened to and heard and represented with this patch. Thank you so much. The decorations are just mesmerizing, there is so many ways to make good use of them. When I heard rumours of new decor in this patch, I was getting ready in my mind to farm a lot of rocks/marble/twigs/logs whatever, but to now have this new, different, very refreshing way of obtaining some decor items is a real success. Really breaks up the usual grind for basebuilders. 

I could easily see a new ride being added to this cawnival every year, I would love it. Maybe even with a skin bundle that recolour the whole cawnival. It is Midsummer, which is basically at the opposite time of christmas, but to me it feels like christmas came early this year. It's been a while since I was so excited about a video. So just thank you. I am very happy with this patch. Probably my favourite update within the whole year and we had so many good updates within a year, many strong contenders like the Forgotten Knowledge, the Reap What you Sow or the Eye of the Storm. 

Good job, please keep it up.

Usually I only can speak for myself, but I think in this case it's safe to say in the name of the community: We love you, we love what you do, please never stop".

Best regards, Rhovious the Wizard

Edited by Rhovious Aran
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, Just-guy said:

Not sure if a bug or intentional but up to 4 crows can appear (the extra with one of the crow's name repeated) and while the posters show 3 crows with red, yellow and green clothing, only red and green show.

It's just random. There's 4 Crow Kids per tree, but only 3 Crow Kid design, so some repetition is inevitable.

Speaking of Crow Kids, I love how they cheer you on during minigames.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Just-guy said:

Getting close to the Crow Goodfather will give you access to buy the Cawnival tree for gold nuggets and seeds, once you plant the tree you can access to mini-games structures you buy with seeds and golden nuggets and game tokens you buy with either seeds or golden nuggets. 

Completening a mini-game will reward you with tickets, which you can use to buy festival items: food, clothing, and structures to place and decorate the tree.

do u need seeds and gold in ur inv to get access to buy the tree? i stand basically on top of him and still cant get him to sell me the tree Dx

13 hours ago, Well-met said:

what does the Slush, Seeds and Token do?

Not sure if anyone has answered you yet but the Slush I think has similar stats to Asparagazpacho or whatever its called, the seed pack when opened gives four corn seeds (not sure if you can get other seeds) and the token is used to play the minigames - each token gives you one go at one of the minigames - you can buy 3 tokens for 1 gold or 1 for 1 seed.

• Like 1
  • Potato Cup 1

Sorry,but events likes this one aren't good.They are extremely boring,not replayable and unrewarding.You said you couldn't afford servers for great events like Gorge and Forge,i think now you can,because you've got a sponsor.What stops you from making an actual good event with cool rewards like chests with skins?Even if it's just another Forge or Gorge season

Edited by DreadBad
  • Like 4
  • Big Ups 2
  • Sad Dupe 2

3 hours ago, DreadBad said:

Sorry,but events likes this one aren't good.They are extremely boring,not replayable and unrewarding.You said you couldn't afford servers for great events like Gorge and Forge,i think now you can,because you've got a sponsor.What stops you from making an actual good event with cool rewards like chests with skins?Even if it's just another Forge or Gorge season

I can't agree with you. This event as simple, as it must be. It just holiday event, like Winter Fest, it shouldn't be hard or massive. I really like how it plays right now, Klei only must add a few more carnawal games.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, DajeKotlyar said:

I can't agree with you. This event as simple, as it must be. It just holiday event, like Winter Fest, it shouldn't be hard or massive. I really like how it plays right now, Klei only must add a few more carnawal games.

and the price is dst will get even less storyline updates because now klei has to babysit and produce >4< seasonal holiday updates a year now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Well-met said:

and the price is dst will get even less storyline updates because now klei has to babysit and produce >4< seasonal holiday updates a year now.

Says who? There is nothing forcing Klei to spend time and effort on adding more and more content to the holiday events every year. Hallowed Nights 2020 had exactly zero changes from its 2019 incarnation and Winter's Feast 2020 only had a couple of extra adornments to its name, which couldn't have taken more than 1-2 people working for a day or two to implement.

Also, this very month has another update coming out aside from the Midsummer Cawnival, so this idea that the event is taking time away from "important" updates is baseless. Not to mention, the Cawnival is mostly the work of a single programmer, so it's not some black hole of manpower.

Only events that absolutely need new content every year are the Chinese New Year ones.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

Says who? There is nothing forcing Klei to spend time and effort on adding more and more content to the holiday events every year. Hallowed Nights 2020 had exactly zero changes from its 2019 incarnation and Winter's Feast 2020 only had a couple of extra adornments to its name, which couldn't have taken more than 1-2 people working for a day or two to implement.

I would be tempted to agree if we weren't still 6 characters short of refreshes after three years, not counting Winona possibly needing another.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DreadBad said:

What's funny is that Klei could easily be like almost every other game company and either charge for the content that they put out or just don't put out anything at all, yet they do, in a regular basis, add content and new stuff to the game, only to be trashed by posts like this complaining that the free stuff ain't good enough. 

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, marioespinho said:

What's funny is that Klei could easily be like almost every other game company and either charge for the content that they put out or just don't put out anything at all, yet they do, in a regular basis, add content and new stuff to the game, only to be trashed by posts like this complaining that the free stuff ain't good enough. 

I'm glad i'm not the only one who feels this way upon reading threads where people are complaining of lack of content for a game they only had to pay for once but still get Major updates for, for free. They easily could have put up pay walls for all of the major content updates, or put more skins/characters behind DLC that has to be bought (non-weaveable).

There's not much to this event, but i love it. It's simple, doesn't require me to put hours into the game to see everything. (Unlike the Moonstorm event which i haven't even touched.) Gives great decorations and structures, and my little town feels more alive with now a third sentient race. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Dorka said:

I'm glad i'm not the only one who feels this way upon reading threads where people are complaining of lack of content for a game they only had to pay for once but still get Major updates for, for free. They easily could have put up pay walls for all of the major content updates, or put more skins/characters behind DLC that has to be bought (non-weaveable).

There's not much to this event, but i love it. It's simple, doesn't require me to put hours into the game to see everything. (Unlike the Moonstorm event which i haven't even touched.) Gives great decorations and structures, and my little town feels more alive with now a third sentient race. 

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/profile/840703-instant-noodles/?do=content&type=forums_topic_post&change_section=1

I don't think people take in account what content Klei makes for each event. I highly recommend people look at the link I pasted from @Instant-Noodles. The data miner has been showing off each event content. It's not just coding, but fully rendered puppet rigs to emulate a 2-d cartoon. 

I can't even want to imagine how much time it takes to make a Griftlands sprite sheet.:wilson_shocked:

1 hour ago, Lady_Trinity said:

OMG how do you get the tree? im standing really close and all i get is...the tree has to be plantend to start te event...but how??? i dont have a option to buy anything

when you stand next to the crow at the florid postern, you have a crafting menu where you can get the tree.

8 hours ago, DajeKotlyar said:

Except this is where your WRONG when Klei compared it to WintersFeast and Hallowed Nights I was expecting it to Be Like WintersFeast or Hallowed Nights..

As in: Unique skins and/or abilities for existing game mobs, or bosses in the game (Feast Clops or Ginerpig & Ginger Varg from WF Event) or even how on Hallowed Nights Totally Normal Trees come alive with glowing flaming eyes.

In fact: I would compare this Event more closely to the “Year of the” Events- Because your getting tokens, your doing an Event.. and your using your tokens to get goodies with.

Which is NOT What you do during WintersFeast OR Hallowed Nights.. both of those events do not have a “lucky golden nuggets” type of structure to them.

And in my opinion the only similarities between this new Carnival Event and HN/WF is that you grow a tree and you decorate it with ornaments.

That said- the new mini-games are kinda fun, I wish there were a lot more AND that the ones we have weren’t so simple... but it is what it is-

A few suggestions to Improve existing games- Make it so you have to pick up grub and feed it to each mechanical crow rather than picking the grub up once then just walking around feeding.

on the egg scramble game maybe add some “Rotten Eggs” that you have to try to Avoid collecting instead of just running them all to the light.

I have to obviously cut Klei some slack because this is the first year for this new event.. but I was expecting things like re-skinned event bosses, a new event themed hunt like GingerVarg, and a whole bunch of new event cosmetic items with increased odds of obtaining those types of items during the events duration.

Geez Klei you make an event all about Crows.. you totally missed the opportunity to reskin Malbatross into a giant crow boss.

If each year introduces new Cawnival games and continues to expand the event itself outside of just Carnival games then I will fully welcome and embrace this event.

But when they called this a Summer event, I can’t lie and say I wasn’t expecting a much much needed Summer season rework to accompany it.

Overall: and ironically enough- This is a fun distraction from the Main Attraction. Which should be more biomes to explore and mobs to fight and ways to survive the world of Dont starve. Hopefully fun Mini-Games won’t end up becoming ALL that DS/DST is in a few years.

Okay sorry just had to get that out my system, love you guys <3 I can tell a lot of love and thought went into this, good job!

56 minutes ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

Honestly it does seem like they forgot to include the equivalent of the giant teddy bear, a lure that I might get something fun and exciting, instead it’s filled with cheap fish pond prizes I’m not interested in.

Probably that has to do with the fact that this has been a slow year in gameplay, 2 year events that last a few weeks, a quality of life that had to do with the menu, Wes refresh happened, and EOTS has been the only addition gameplaywise (also being late game content makes it less accesible if you don't have already a world with all the requirements).

• Like 1
  • Sad Dupe 1