Klei Fest and Midsummer Cawnival!

13 hours ago, Well-met said:

I would be tempted to agree if we weren't still 6 characters short of refreshes after three years, not counting Winona possibly needing another.

And with this events they can be focus on importat content meanwhile we still recieve updates 

Some people only wants dlcs size updates for free every month...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

And with this events they can be focus on importat content meanwhile we still recieve updates 

Some people only wants dlcs size updates for free every month...

holiday events don't magically come out of nowhere. they need considerable dev attention and work aswell as the usual lengthy bugfixing process. this takes away man power off the more relevant updates wheter you choose to believe it or not. holiday events are not "distractions" in the sense you think they are, though the wording is correct.

its not about being greedy, its about having more fleshed out canon updates when they do come out. You realize crabking and the sea might have been less lackluster or annoying had klei put more hours working into them, said hours that went into all the previous holidays instead?

1 hour ago, Well-met said:

holiday events don't magically come out of nowhere. they need considerable dev attention and work aswell as the usual lengthy bugfixing process. this takes away man power off the more relevant updates wheter you choose to believe it or not. holiday events are not "distractions" in the sense you think they are, though the wording is correct.

its not about being greedy, its about having more fleshed out canon updates when they do come out. You realize crabking and the sea might have been less lackluster or annoying had klei put more hours working into them, said hours that went into all the previous holidays instead?

Again, per one of the devs, most of the programming was done by a single person. Just like the March QoL was pretty much just Zarklord and the Wes refresh was all Scott (iirc).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

Again, per one of the devs, most of the programming was done by a single person. Just like the March QoL was pretty much just Zarklord and the Wes refresh was all Scott (iirc).

I see. That does ease my concerns.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2021 at 4:02 PM, Well-met said:

But that content comes every year with little changes which makes the year more relaxed. Halloween night and winter feast are almost the same so it doesnt take devs time to launch that updates but, for non private servers, makes a huge difference

Maybe CK and return of them in general could be better or launched faster if wasnt because they work at home because of a global pandemic

Edited by ArubaroBeefalo

Hi! 

First time playing an event! 

What items will stay when the event ends? Can i stock up on the summer armor and the confetti and still have it afterwards? :) Do the three and all the minigames dissapear? :)

1 hour ago, Glitter. said:

Hi! 

First time playing an event! 

What items will stay when the event ends? Can i stock up on the summer armor and the confetti and still have it afterwards? :) Do the three and all the minigames dissapear? :)

everything stays and you can turn the event (and other events) on afterwards through world configuration

8 minutes ago, Wardin25 said:

everything stays and you can turn the event (and other events) on afterwards through world configuration

Thank you for the reply!

Even the ticket booth and all? Can i build a carnival place somewhere? Or a event place like a tivoli haha? :o Will other players see it when they log in even after log in and can I interact with it? 

7 minutes ago, Glitter. said:

Thank you for the reply!

Even the ticket booth and all? Can i build a carnival place somewhere? Or a event place like a tivoli haha? :o Will other players see it when they log in even after log in and can I interact with it? 

well, at least every single structure should stay, im not sure wheter the npcs will though, so you may want to stockpile on tokens

• Thanks 1

On 6/6/2021 at 5:06 AM, MF99K said:

image.png.051071802cff956ee3a5949d8472c1e4.png

uhh
so twitch says I've claimed all the drops but I have yet to receive any of them in-game
steam and klei accounts are and have been connected to twitch.

Hello, I have the same issue. Do someone knows how it works ?

1 hour ago, KarenBoyer said:

I connected my account my twitch and steam account, watched and claimed dropped rewards but I don't see it in my (Don't Starve Together) account!  :-(

21 hours ago, Hyozen said:

Hello, I have the same issue. Do someone knows how it works ?

this seems like a lot of people are having the same issue. Any Klei devs around who can look into this?

• Sad Dupe 1

I have been waiting for days for a solution or fix the problem of playing. I cannot start my worlds, nor can I go to anyone else's, therefore I cannot play. I'm going to miss the event due to bugs again, it already happened to me in the previous one ... When are they going to fix that? I hope it's before the 20th and I have a few days left to play the event... Every event happens the same...

I say it around here because in the forums with this problem they never approve my comment, so they will least be able to provide solutions... 

I love DTS, it is my favorite game, but it exhausts me to fight in each event or lose it for the same thing always...:wilson_resigned:

• Sad Dupe 2

54 minutes ago, Locuriyah said:

I have been waiting for days for a solution or fix the problem of playing. I cannot start my worlds, nor can I go to anyone else's, therefore I cannot play. I'm going to miss the event due to bugs again, it already happened to me in the previous one ... When are they going to fix that? I hope it's before the 20th and I have a few days left to play the event... Every event happens the same...

I say it around here because in the forums with this problem they never approve my comment, so they will least be able to provide solutions... 

I love DTS, it is my favorite game, but it exhausts me to fight in each event or lose it for the same thing always...:wilson_resigned:

the first step into getting your world fixed should be to check your mods and then see what the problem might be... also report to the Bug Tracker section where people can actually take a look at your specific problem