What would you like to see with the New Character?

It has come to my attention that we are 5 months into the year, and that fabled Brand New Character is likely inching closer and closer. So I've decided to create this thread, as I am curious what you people would like to see in the new character, or even, what you wouldn't. I myself don't have that many strong feelings about it, that's why I'm asking you. Though I guess one thing I'd like is 1 main theme for the character, unlike what happened with Walter. I like him, he isn't bad at all, but he is kinda all over the place if you get what I mean.

I've got a small wishlist, I'd only really beg for the new character to not come off as... bloated as Walter feels.
Walter's all over the place with a lot of flavor perks that could vanish and he wouldn't change a bit.

I'd like for a new human female character, that's it really. Ideally an adult, there's quite a lot of child/child-like characters already so I'm hoping for something different.
I can't exactly say what I want gameplay wise, a lot of areas have been covered already and I can't think of anything that's screaming for attention right now, maybe we'll get a Wortox scenario where they introduce an entirely new aspect? That'd be nice.

The new character could have been one extra rework imo. Perhaps a QOL fix that takes a look at all characters in the roster and helps get them to a better place such as:

1. Buffing Wigs fireproof falsetto

2. Merm a.i. fix

3. Winona moving her structures

Etc...

However if we must get a new character... I'd like a character that focuses around the moon theme. Maybe a playable gestalt/nightmare hybrid that becomes an outcast from both factions. Someone who gets more moon crafting recipes. Maybe a combined nightmare fuel and moon shards crafts that have chaotic effects. 

This is a sword from a monster in the mh franchise that has a combined evil and devine chaotic nature theme.

Polish_20210509_113332851.jpg.e50be4c09c646aae4d67e8fd2559c585.jpg

I've wanted a character that is more "magical" thematically for some time now.

37 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

However if we must get a new character... I'd like a character that focuses around the moon theme. Maybe a playable gestalt/nightmare hybrid that becomes an outcast from both factions. Someone who gets more moon crafting recipes. Maybe a combined nightmare fuel and moon shards crafts that have chaotic effects. 

i wouldn't be too disappointed with this idea but the outcast effect has been given to wormwood (and to a lesser extent wurt) and i hope that moon crafts are given to everyone and this character could just combine them with nightmare tools to form hybrid weapons

AE795C79-4D0F-41B0-AE33-A340BC501B73.thumb.png.d1bf2b35fe46f35b3cf8d63968847bb7.png

I want this to be the new character and someone or something else to permanently take her place- preferably something that is 100% evil and doesn’t have any human feelings or emotions. Not saying WX78.. but well- Moon Boss.. Them, They, Metheus whatever! I just want Charlie to be playable just like Maxwell became playable at the end of DS.

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

AE795C79-4D0F-41B0-AE33-A340BC501B73.thumb.png.d1bf2b35fe46f35b3cf8d63968847bb7.png

I want this to be the new character and someone or something else to permanently take her place- preferably something that is 100% evil and doesn’t have any human feelings or emotions. Not saying WX78.. but well- Moon Boss.. Them, They, Metheus whatever! I just want Charlie to be playable just like Maxwell became playable at the end of DS.

i really don't want charlie to be the new character because first off there is way too much lore to squeeze out of her and like what would she do? she'd seem like maxwell x2 except having good health just doesn't seem like a good idea

I know a lot of people want a new human character, but I feel like the most compelling character designs and playstyles come from the non-human characters. Personally, I'd want another character like Wurt, who's based on one of the creatures already in the Constant. I think a Bunnyman would be the most likely and most interesting choice, but I can see Rock Lobsters, Splumonkeys, Pigs, and other creatures that could potentially be humanized. Alternatively, it could be something entirely new based around the moon and lunar magic (although technically that's already where Wormwood comes from).

The gestalt/shadow creature hybrid sounds so cool, moon glass should have more uses outside of a weapon used for killing 1 boss, a better axe, and pretty sculptures. Thanks to Mr. Champion, I now have like half a chest of glass lying around with no use for it, and probably more still remaining on the island.

3 hours ago, LinknAllie said:

I want an old man character.  That's it.  Someone similar to Wagstaff or Wallace

I'm more focused on Wagstaff, reading your words. But, apparently, he will not become a new playable character yet.

I don't want completely new characters in this world at all. I want characters that either already exist or have appeared in other characters ' stories. Mr. Witherstone looks like a very good option against this background.

The main thing is that the new character is not a monster or an animal...

21 hours ago, Dextops said:

i wouldn't be too disappointed with this idea but the outcast effect has been given to wormwood (and to a lesser extent wurt) and i hope that moon crafts are given to everyone and this character could just combine them with nightmare tools to form hybrid weapons

I'd argue Wormwood isn't an outcast but rather lonesome. He feels as if he doesn't fit in. The other do things he doesn't understand and maybe hurt his feelings, like cutting down trees. However, everyone is inviting towards him with open arms. The outcasted feeling is more self-inflicted in this case (in his head).

Wurt also isn't an outcast since she has a faction she belongs to. Should merm kind turn their back on her... Then she'd be an outcast. 

The one character that has been "outcasted" is actually Wortox since he betrayed an "ally". Whatever standing he had with Krampii is gone now since they openly attack Wortox since he killed/absorbed one of them.

I understand what you mean though. I do agree that if we were to get more moon crafts though, they should be available to everyone, but only because they are so few. Perhaps upon addressing this first, then we could get more exclusive weapons for others.

2 hours ago, bruhmoment23 said:

Please make it a human character.

For the love of god,  no more beast characters.  

36 minutes ago, Russian_Philin said:

I'm more focused on Wagstaff, reading your words. But, apparently, he will not become a new playable character yet.

I don't want completely new characters in this world at all. I want characters that either already exist or have appeared in other characters ' stories. Mr. Witherstone looks like a very good option against this background.

The main thing is that the new character is not a monster or an animal...

I completely agree with you.

All I wanna say is anything but Wagstaff! Including a heck of a wishlist!

I want someone related to Charlie, probably Metheus (if she isn't her), all I want is a character who knows the Constant well and makes it seem like it's home. I don't want someone mob related and hecking broken for the most part.

You know what else? I am very excited for Webber's rework next month!

5 hours ago, -Variant said:

I've got a small wishlist, I'd only really beg for the new character to not come off as... bloated as Walter feels.
Walter's all over the place with a lot of flavor perks that could vanish and he wouldn't change a bit.

I'd like for a new human female character, that's it really. Ideally an adult, there's quite a lot of child/child-like characters already so I'm hoping for something different.

I like your ideas! Except for the fact I want a child and not an adult honestly

Something new & unique. 

6 hours ago, -Variant said:

Why do people say this but nobody cares that Wormwood

• Can craft living logs.
  • Can craft thorns armor.
  • Can craft traps.
  • Can plant seeds anywhere.
  • Gains sanity when planting.
  • Loses sanity when witnessing plants die.
  • Automatically tends to plants.
  • Moves faster.
  • Has more hunger drain.
  • Blooms faster in spring.
  • Blooms slower in winter.
  • Causes bees to follow him.
  • Isn't attacked by bees.
  • Isn't attacked by lureplants.
  • Isn't attacked by sea weeds.
  • Is immune to fire nettles.
  • Is immune to spiny bindweed.
  • Doesn't lose sanity when wet.
  • Can heal with rot.
  • Can heal with manure.
  • Can't heal with food.
  • Edit: Also he's more flammable. I forgot it was even a perk.

When the majority of the character comes from just

• Can craft living logs.
  • Moves faster.
  • Can't heal with food.

1 minute ago, Cheggf said:

Something new & unique. 

Why do people say this but nobody cares that Wormwood

• Can craft living logs.
  • Can craft thorns armor.
  • Can craft traps.
  • Gains sanity when planting.
  • Loses sanity when witnessing plants die.
  • Moves faster.
  • Has more hunger drain.
  • Blooms faster in spring.
  • Blooms slower in winter.
  • Causes bees to follow him.
  • Isn't attacked by bees.
  • Isn't attacked by lureplants.
  • Isn't attacked by sea weeds.
  • Is immune to fire nettles.
  • Is immune to spiny bindweed.
  • Doesn't lose sanity when wet.
  • Can heal with rot.
  • Can heal with manure.
  • Can't heal with food.

When the majority of the character comes from just

• Can craft living logs.
  • Moves faster.
  • Can't heal with food.

because those stick to one concept while walter seems to be all over the place

Just now, Dextops said:

because those stick to one concept while walter seems to be all over the place

Really? Moving faster, not being stung by bees, not healing with food, freely planting crops, and crafting armor that explodes when you're hit all stick to one concept?

Archived