Have you ever had a dream- that um, you had, well, about DS or DST

Not ingame but still DST related:

I dreamt that i saw news on the Steam page showing that Wolfgang, WX and Wicker were all reworked before Webber and released at the same time.

Told a friend of mine and their reaction was as bad as you can guess.

I had a dream of me watching a movie about wagstaff being an stereotipycal nerd, who once had an encounter with a shadow creature as a kid, so that's why he wanted to build the portal to the constant and managed to find charlie and she tells him he's actually a ghost and is dead.
One of my dogs was in the movie and i woke up after breaking the tv with a cinderblock.

2 minutes ago, Aheguro said:

I had a dream of me watching a movie about wagstaff being an stereotipycal nerd, who once had an encounter with a shadow creature as a kid, so that's why he wanted to build the portal to the constant and managed to find charlie and she tells him he's actually a ghost and is dead.
One of my dogs was in the movie and i woke up after breaking the tv with a cinderblock.

you have found the way out of the constant

or at least we can rescue woby

I had a dream that my DST RoT Beta base was on fire, Willow laughed while it burned.  Okay, not that last part, but the flingomatic was smashed and the alchemy engine and hound tooth chests burned.  Probably antlion's fault.  It was so weird going back to the game and realizing that hadn't actually happened, because first I'd forgot the dream and then I forgot it was a dream, since the layout of the base was exact.

Spoiler

Itself a call-back to:

"Once, I had a dream that my house was on fire and people laughed while it burned. And at the time, I hadn't listened to Blue Rodeo in years."

And that one's sandwiched between the time I dreamt of giant flesh-eating telepathic worms that  swap their victims' minds around to different bodies, and the time I dreamt I was a middle-aged Jewish cartoon rabbit whose marriage was falling apart.  Keeping a dream journal is weird, folks.

There's two other DST-related dreams but they're much more incoherent and off-topic.

Spoiler

For reference, the more focused of the two:

anticolonialism study notes in my old home from years back, overnight trip to bowling alley so bring a sweater it's cold at night, bus is roller coaster vehicle and the bucket seats get filled with snow when going through the train tunnel, driver was tipsy and narrowly averted missing the tunnel and hitting the wall on the way in.  Bowling alley is near tunnel I walked through to buy supplies 20 minutes from home so return is an option after all.  Overnighting like Don't Starve: build a campfire on the bowling alley carpet, it can't catch fire it's just cosmetic turf, carpet gives sanity boost (isn't that a mod?), we've got straw sleeping rolls too.  South camp has hammered large structures (I'm sure the owners won't mind), uncovered earth dugouts under the carpeting on the, uh, second floor... of a bowling alley?  And the MC is David Bowie?  Ziggy Stardust-era David Bowie?  The second floor is crumbling, wood planks have fallen apart on the east side producing a pit down to the first floor (conspicuously absent of dirt or dirt dugouts), with exposed bent and broken steel beams extending a ways past the broken wood.  Bowie's standing on the end of one of the beams, kind of in my way while I struggle to climb back up.

2 hours ago, Pinegrove said:

I can't believe I forgot to mention this but the title is hilarious, kudos.

It was driving me insane, I figured out where I saw that before, thanks!

All my dreams suck. It always the ones where you move in super slow mo when you try to run or you punch like a wet noodle. My super powers also always fail me, just like how I fail myself irl.

I have had dreams about video games, sadly not DST though. 

There is this one First Person Shooter that I play dang near every day, and I have had at least a dozen dreams about it. I love that game so much, met so many great people on there. If you are curious, the dream is about waiting for updates to come to the game. We haven't had an update in over 2 years....... 

If you are curious AGAIN the game is called AAPG: Americas's Army Proving Grounds. If you can, check it out.

Sincerely,

Cactus

Well I have several dreams though they are ages ago, they usually involve quite detailed terrain changes from events or weird things (like a Don't Starve TCG, fighting a frog king boss with many players, treehouses etc.).

There's one dream in particular that involves entering a steam friend's server with a weird giant floating pyramid head-esque mobs mod, which killed any nearby players including mine. Said friend was apologising for it but I was laughing so hard, so I respawned and quickly fled into a wormhole, which became a safe haven and wild gathering location.

(now I wish that was a real mod, but it will lag servers lol)

I had one where me and my friend were going to fight the ancient guardian, but instead of the guardian being there Usami from Danganronpa 2 was there?

image.png.3e0c1d7ec33b5456bb5d513abd3d524d.png 

Then a big text that said "duo's mode" (I assume because two people, me and my friend, were in the dream) popped up and two giant gummy bears spawned in? Now the dream goes into first person like we are actually in the game, and we have to fight the gummy bears kind of like in a boxing match with our bare fists. My friend's gummy bear that they are fighting is acting kind of like a baby? and they aren't fighting, they're playing and stuff, meanwhile mine is trying to kick the sh*t out of me and I'm doing the same back. I try to ask my friend for help, but they just ignore me. Then, I start to realize that these gummy worms are acting really "life like" (whatever that means), and I'm creeped out because despite being in a video game they are acting like they are alive or something. Then we defeat them and the dream ends, but we feel bad about it ad still weirded out because they seemed so real.

Yeah, I got some messed up dreams..

Reviving this post because I just had a dream and I will probably forget it in few minutes. 

It started off as a dream about literally everything else, with multiple people whom I know and don't know at all. I was showing some of them my ONI colony- suddenly a weird tune played and the game tried to award me with an achievement before an error message written in a weird language popped up. The person left and I was teleported into Don't Starve. 

It was completely different, mostly because I immediately went to some reworked cave system. They also added a way to look from first person pov, but only while using a telescope- due to this they had to add land depth, and I found myself staring at a heavily mutated rock shelf made mostly of orange crystals, where I could see a "new" celestial orb. It was the same exact thing except tinted orange. It was surrounded by orange moongleams, and it was my next goal. 

So the game goes back to correct pov and with delight I realise I'm playing Wilson. Let's go!

Let's not. I immediately entered a "super mutated" biome. It was very colorful in kind of uncomfortable way, and swarmed with mobs. Those included:

A spidermonkey from Hamlet, recolored to light colors, made much bigger, removed spider legs, with a clown make up on and sporting a gigantic feather hat which had the feathers go up then spill on the side. Truly majestic, as the feathers included various colors and types including a peacock feather as centrepiece. 

Just Carrats, but they refused to burrow and would run around in panic.

Vipers with some color changes, but instead of biting they would spit a cloud of damaging gas that would linger for few seconds.

Some weird mobs I could recognize in the dream but not now. I can't even describe them- all I remember is that they ran on all fours and had me stunlocked for a couple of seconds with their swarm. (Sounds like monkeys but I honestly can't remember)

Other weird part were the trees- which were again, Hamlet tropical trees except the trunk was yellow and Instead of leaves it was sleeping Carrats growing from their tail outwards. I remember I got to chop one of them, but they didn't spawn any mobs :( just got a bunch of tiny spinning flowers. 

Next to the tree I chopped, was a skeleton. It looked as if parts of the reanimated skeleton (as in, parts of it were correctly designed and had to be hammered- legs, chest etc) were on the ground, including a skull- the skull however, was the character skull shape with horns. I started assembling the thing immediately in hopes I'll unlock a new character to play with- I don't remember if I succeeded, but I did learn the things name. It's called Thulebrium. Real original...

There was much more as I walked through other biomes and I remember there being more mutated plants but no details. 

Okay I do admit, the closest thing to DST I have in my dreams is glommer sometimes appearing in them.

Glommer is glommer in my dreams, the same glommer that anyone who has played enough DS/T should already be familiar with. I think the one thing that glommer doesn't do in my dreams is poop. Glommer always ends up following me around in my dreams. >.<

I'm sure i did. Not DST themed per say, but some DST mechanics got inside my dreams for sure. Maybe it was the 2.5D camera or maybe it was the DST level of grind for cooking or crafting stuff or maybe something else. I don't remember anything specific, but i'm aware of some mornings where i woke up and realised that part of my dream was influenced by DST.

I'm sure I had a couple, but it's been very long since I played and so very long since it was appearing in my dreams.

I do remember one, though. I was with a pal in a big truck, she was driving and looked like a Lil' Horn from Binding of Isaac because reasons. We approached our destination, which was the desert oasis. Met up with another friend who was already there and fishing, we joined in and just spent time fishing up pieces of trash, mostly.

Not really? Maybe. In some dreams, there are a whole mix of things that are better described as references or allusions. 

The kinds of dreams I have are ones like my friend being really upset and venting to me about how his sister abandoned his family for a lifetime of calamari in Canada or something. Weird.

Archived