Twitch Drops Hiatus

• Developer

Hey everyone, I hope your February is going well, and you're all staying healthy.

twitch_klei_points.jpg

Back in 2018 we launched the Twitch Drops system and over the years many of you have participated in watching streams and earning items. Since then we've released two large collections, the Side Show Collection and the Crystalline Collection, as well as a handful of fun seasonal sets. Well over 2 million complete sets have been dropped to viewers! We hope you're enjoying the items and watching your favourite streamers.

Unfortunately the technology that the existing drop system works on is being decommissioned by Twitch, in favor of their newer system. Their new system has several features that will be useful for everyone, such as progress meters and current campaign information right in the Twitch interface.

Starting today the Don't Starve Together Twitch drops will be taking a bit of a hiatus. The existing system will be turning off while we upgrade and migrate to the new version, and possibly make a few changes while we're in there. We don't have a firm timeline of when they'll be returning, but if everything goes smoothly it will be just a few weeks. *crosses fingers*

As for the Crystalline Collection, we've put those up on the Klei Rewards page for everybody, and here are some Klei Points (link expired) to help get you on the way to completing your collections.

In the up coming weeks we're also going to be doing some experiments with running our Rhymes With Play dev streams on Twitch again. All of Klei is working remotely still, so doing a dev stream from our homes will certainly be interesting.

Stay tuned for more details!

EDIT: Current reward link: https://accounts.klei.com/link/almostthere (1700 points expires 3/25/2021)

Thank you so very much for this. Can't stress enough how the Dont Starve Together category needed this. Came faster than expected but also not surprising taking in consideration what has been happening. 

Love you all and thank you so much for your extremly hard work on this <3

8 minutes ago, PeterA said:

In the up coming weeks we're also going to be doing some experiments with running our Rhymes With Play dev streams on Twitch again. All of Klei is working remotely still, so doing a dev stream from our homes will certainly be interesting.

Oh I can't wait for this! I missed those streams so much!

I know it's bittersweet for a lot of content creators right now but this will only make the category better in the long run! Hopefully no one will be able to abuse drops and take advantage of the community when the new system hits. 

The new features of progress meters and campaign information right on Twitch will also be really nice. Thank you for the work on this. It's very appreciated. <3

Archived