Twitch Drops Hiatus

With so many rewards on the rewards page,I sure wish they were redeemable with points as well as spools..atleast?:wilson_smile:I don't own anything on the rewards page,so always running low on them..(unless there's promotional link, I'll need a lifetime of promotional links for the points I'll need to redeem the stuffs that I missed):wilson_drool:

Regardless tysm for the hard word that you guys have been pulling off:wickerbottomthanks:,I hope your February and health is going well too,hopefully everything goes smoothly and the twitch drops system will be back again? :wilson_laugh:

I am bummed... gonna need more points too, because I'm about to wipe out like 6000, lol

Looking forward to their return, i'm weirdly excited about don't starve drop thursday. It's literally the reason i have a twitch account.

Thanks for the 1700, now if only you could get me another 4700 I'll be set, lol

BUT I'M SO DAMNED HAPPY I GOT MY THERMAL STONE.

It's great to hear that the dev streams will be back! I think a lot of people have been missing them and I'm interested to see how they'll work in a new setting.

As for the reworked drops it sounds like a good idea and should be really healthy for the category. When I woke up today I wasn't expecting such radical changes so quickly but you guys work fast!

Thanks for all the updates Klei and I hope everything goes smoothly.

32 minutes ago, Lemsip said:

Since the rest have been added to the reward page, does that mean when twitch drops return it won't continue were it left off?

Right!! This is what I want to know as well! Because they're on the reward page, it means that we need points to redeem them now, and 1700 points clearly is not enough hahaha so we definitely need more opportunities to gain those points!!

1 minute ago, Miktoas said:

Uh is the Klei Point Reward page bugged? The newly added collection I do own all, but it still says "reedem" for me. Is it jsut me?

Did you own them from years before? Or you got them from the Twitch Drop for the last couple of weeks for the Return of the Crystalline Collection?

Uh is the Klei Point Reward page bugged? The newly added collection I do own all, but it still says "reedem" for me. Is it jsut me?

Nah, remember there's a version of the skins from when they first came out (and could be earned) and then a version that you purchase from the rewards page. I'd say open up your game and double check you have a skin before you purchase something. Just to be safe.

1700 points isn't really a fair trade off for missing out on 5 belongings (valued at 1200) plus the respective portraits and icons. (the rest of the remaining Crystalline Set values at 10,200 points total)

Also there are multiple other games that do Twitch Drops and this is the first I'm hearing of a rework, all of the other games I collect drops from are still running their campaigns and have no mention of slowing them. I don't understand why you would not just run the last 5 weeks of the set and stop then. 

Edit: Removed a statement. I also realise now why you are undergoing a hiatus, but think that realistically the drops could have also just undergone the hiatus that resumed when Twitch drops are sorted on your end; the points could have just been given as an "apology" I guess. 

11 minutes ago, ImStitched said:

Right!! This is what I want to know as well! Because they're on the reward page, it means that we need points to redeem them now, and 1700 points clearly is not enough hahaha so we definitely need more opportunities to gain those points!!

Did you own them from years before? Or you got them from the Twitch Drop for the last couple of weeks for the Return of the Crystalline Collection?

Uh I got them form back then, from the Twitch Drops (when they were originally released as Twitch Drops. Not the weekly repetition Twitch Drops,but from back then when they were Twitch Drops for the first time.)

EDIT: It is only a few Items btw. These ones: Daggered Heart, Carrat Torch, Stolen Heart, Staked Heart, Knitted Puppy Heart, Pig King Hat.

These were not even Twitch Drops, I think they were gifted when you logged in during special days/events (like Valentine's Day etc). I own them as 'loyal' tagged items. So Im confused wh I can sbuy them again in my Rewards.

6 minutes ago, terror formed said:

1700 points isn't really a fair trade off for missing out on 5 belongings (valued at 1200) plus the respective portraits and icons. (the rest of the remaining Crystalline Set values at 10,200 points total)

Also there are multiple other games that do Twitch Drops and this is the first I'm hearing of a rework, all of the other games I collect drops from are still running their campaigns and have no mention of slowing them. I don't understand why you would not just run the last 5 weeks of the set and stop then. 

For someone who has these drops on console and was told there was nothing you guys could so about transferring them to Steam, I'm really upset this has basically become a paywall now that Tencent is a part of your business.

Ok, while your point on points vs remaining drops is a valid argument here, this has nothing to do with Tencent and completely to do with how Twitch Drops themselves are administered. It looks like Klei is still running off the old drops system that was sunset in August of last year. The last date that, that system works is Feb 21st, 2021 (aka this coming Sunday). So its either stop them now and start working on upgrading to the new system or wait until Sunday and the whole system goes poof. I've already thrown up a quick video on YouTube covering most of this. 

Twitch Dev Blog Link: https://blog.twitch.tv/en/2020/08/18/available-today-a-new-version-of-drops/

15 minutes ago, terror formed said:

For someone who has these drops on console and was told there was nothing you guys could so about transferring them to Steam, I'm really upset this has basically become a paywall now that Tencent is a part of your business.

From what I understand we'll be getting 1700 points next week again according to Joe, to cover the encore every week. This has nothing to do with tencent as these skins aren't behind a paywall imo. Points are through update links and these skins are not even weavable. The big reason for this is twitch and a *certain* streamer abusing the drops to spam ads and ruin the dst category on twitch, which hurts the dst community's ability to grow.

17 minutes ago, Griver84 said:

Nah, remember there's a version of the skins from when they first came out (and could be earned) and then a version that you purchase from the rewards page. I'd say open up your game and double check you have a skin before you purchase something. Just to be safe.

I know what you refer to. Some Items have a 2nd version. But the ones in the Reward Shop are these ones: Daggered Heart, Carrat Torch, Stolen Heart, Staked Heart, Knitted Puppy Heart, Pig King Hat.

Although I already own them, I can still buy them in reward shop. I checked the DST Item List and they were not listed double. So im kinda confused.

I know what oyu mena. Some Items have a 2nd version. But the ones in the Reward Shop are these ones:Daggered Heart, Carrat Torch, Stolen Heart, Staked Heart, Knitted Puppy Heart, Pig King Hat.

Although I already own them, I can still buy them in reward shop. I checked the DST Item List and they were not listed double. So im kinda ocnfused.

Yep, its the same for me. I can re-purchase those same items even though I own them already from previous years. So same logic would apply here it looks like. You'd just be purchasing an alternate version of the same skin.

Just now, Griver84 said:

Yep, its the same for me. I can re-purchase those same items even though I own them already from previous years. So same logic would apply here it looks like. You'd just be purchasing an alternate version of the same skin.

I see. So I can just ignore them? Or is it maybe possible to unravel the ones I can repurchase? I dont really want to test it tbh, since I dont want to buy duplicate Skins

Archived