Twitch Drops Hiatus

so i am glad you lot did this now instead of after the system stopped functioning but i am wondering if it would be viable to have the 1700 points for a set offered on thursdays(with the link only being valid for the week, of course) until the new system is up so that people can still get their drop of the week? it is brilliant that i can just get my salt lamp now but also kind of not really a great thing that i can /only/ get the salt lamp and nothing else should it take longer than planned for the new system to get updated and the time allotted for encore drops be exceeded

9 minutes ago, SkepticnotCynic said:

From what I understand we'll be getting 1700 points next week again according to Joe, to cover the encore every week. This has nothing to do with tencent as these skins aren't behind a paywall imo. Points are through update links and these skins are not even weavable. The big reason for this is twitch and a *certain* streamer abusing the drops to spam ads and ruin the dst category on twitch, which hurts the dst community's ability to grow.

oh! i didnt see this, i do hope that we can keep getting drops while things are being worked on. do you have a link to where it was said?

3 minutes ago, Miktoas said:

I see. So I can just ignore them? Or is it maybe possible to unravel the ones I can repurchase? I dont really want to test it tbh, since I dont want to buy duplicate Skins

For now I'd say just ignore the duplicates, but thats my personal take on it. The dev's might clarify it further, but you should be ok. As long as you have ONE of the versions that's all that really matters.

24 minutes ago, terror formed said:

I'm really upset this has basically become a paywall now

But like... Its not? You don't pay for them. Points are gotten only from links that are found in posts by the devs. As a reward to those who keep up to date with the updates. And as far as I know, there hasn't been enough points given out in total to get every single thing. So you will have to make a choice of what you want now, then keep track of the forums and stay up to date to catch more rewards links for more points to get more items.

17 minutes ago, Miktoas said:

Uh I got them form back then, from the Twitch Drops (when they were originally released as Twitch Drops. Not the weekly repetition Twitch Drops,but from back then when they were Twitch Drops for the first time.)

EDIT: It is only a few Items btw. These ones: Daggered Heart, Carrat Torch, Stolen Heart, Staked Heart, Knitted Puppy Heart, Pig King Hat.

These were not even Twitch Drops, I think they were gifted when you logged in during special days/events (like Valentine's Day etc). I own them as 'loyal' tagged items. So Im confused wh I can sbuy them again in my Rewards.

Ahhh I see! I thought you meant the Crystalline Collection you had back in the day shows "Redeem" now that they are added to the Rewards Program. I had the idea maybe Klei hasn't accounted for the people who received the item before the redrop happened. 

As for the items you mentioned, that is really weird that you can buy them again. But I would hold on to your points as of right now though, esp. since you already have them in-game. Don't wanna waste your points on something you already have right.

For some reason, it seems to me that now klei points will dropped from the Twitch. It would be a logical manipulation. I think the chikencent requires raising the audience with such  approach. On the other hand, players which lost items for some reasons can get them more easily. 30 minutes - 100 points for example.

30 minutes ago, terror formed said:

1700 points isn't really a fair trade off for missing out on 5 belongings (valued at 1200) plus the respective portraits and icons. (the rest of the remaining Crystalline Set values at 10,200 points total)

Also there are multiple other games that do Twitch Drops and this is the first I'm hearing of a rework, all of the other games I collect drops from are still running their campaigns and have no mention of slowing them. I don't understand why you would not just run the last 5 weeks of the set and stop then. 

For someone who has these drops on console and was told there was nothing you guys could so about transferring them to Steam, I'm really upset this has basically become a paywall now that Tencent is a part of your business.

Someone just said on this forum that we're actually getting 1700 points every week now to make up for the missing Twitch Drops. On top of Twitch updated the drop system, apparently some streamer was abuse the dst drop system to spam ads, which hindered the dst community to grow on twich.

Oh noeeees, I was so eagerly looking forward for the Furnace and the Lantern, even planning to pull an all nighter stream tonight with Wes surviving in the Lunar Island by his lonesome in a public server :P I wish the hiatus came after all crystalline encores were over but if it's for the better, can't complain forever.

Though I must learn this bit of information to make a rational decision: once the hiatus is over will you continue the Crystalline encore drops from where they were left off or do you plan on adding brand new skins/rewards/paradigm. I probably wont be able to resist the urge of grabbing the skins I need from the rewards page but if I know the encores are planned to continue in the not-so-distant future, I can make my purchase decisions accordingly.

1 minute ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Oh noeeees, I was so eagerly looking forward for the Furnace and the Lantern, even planning to pull an all nighter stream tonight with Wes surviving in the Lunar Island by his lonesome in a public server :P I wish the hiatus came after all crystalline encores were over but if it's for the better, can't complain forever.

Though I must learn this bit of information to make a rational decision: once the hiatus is over will you continue the Crystalline encore drops from where they were left off or do you plan on adding brand new skins/rewards/paradigm. I probably wont be able to resist the urge of grabbing the skins I need from the rewards page but if I know the encores are planned to continue in the not-so-distant future, I can make my purchase decisions accordingly.

for a moment i got really sad to not have a lunar wes run then i remembered that your streams run like a two-legged dog dipped in honey for me x''D

8 minutes ago, gaymime said:

for a moment i got really sad to not have a lunar wes run then i remembered that your streams run like a two-legged dog dipped in honey for me x''D

I made sure they function better now (the game capture tool wasn't working previously so the screen capture I used instead would cause untold lag) but they are by no means professional; if I'm doing a stream myself, that probably means there's a drop I want ASAP and couldn't find a fun, drops enabled stream I could join in and play along :P

P.S. Wes and lunar island is a mighty great combo with ludicrous amounts of balloons apparently ^^

20210218220330_1.thumb.jpg.ee5f52bc90cfc26c5ae32e262a98ff4f.jpg

6 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Where did JoeW say there’s gonna be points links each week?

He said that next week we would get another 1700 on Thursday on Glermz's stream today, though I don't know if he said it on the forums. 29134735_ScreenShot2021-02-18at1_35_14PM.thumb.png.309c5ea0f85bb2acfc36c6f99fd957be.png

I guess I kinda jumped the gun on the "every week" claim now that I'm reading it again, but if they are giving it next week to compensate, I'd assume they would do it for every week. 

16 minutes ago, Insidious_Vibes said:

Welp, that really sucks. I JUST spent my Klei points this morning thinking no new items would be added to the rewards page and now I can't get the ones i missed out on.

To be fair, they've mentioned several times recently in announcements they're going to be adding more items to the rewards page this year. I think they realize it's been a bit stale of late.

1 hour ago, SinancoTheBest said:

I made sure they function better now (the game capture tool wasn't working previously so the screen capture I used instead would cause untold lag) but they are by no means professional; if I'm doing a stream myself, that probably means there's a drop I want ASAP and couldn't find a fun, drops enabled stream I could join in and play along :P

P.S. Wes and lunar island is a mighty great combo with ludicrous amounts of balloons apparently ^^

20210218220330_1.thumb.jpg.ee5f52bc90cfc26c5ae32e262a98ff4f.jpg

he is also brilliant in the grotto. he can tank sanity like maxwell without maxcapping

Archived