Twitch Drops Hiatus

Scared me good there, guys. The title made me think a certain parent company got REALLY bold, REALLY fast without even the courtesy of slowly snaking in their claws. Just a Twitch thing though. Still just KLei, albeit with some rather unfortunate timing! 

A few weeks of this may actually boost me just enough to get all the skins I wanted most and was missing, including some non-Crystalline ones, so thanks for that!

then the twitch drops are suspended... for now right?, its ok, beefalo poop happens, but I want to know if, when they are back, we can expect to see this collection available again via twitch drops so we can save all those points just waiting, or if we should get them using points because these will not drop again with the new system once it is available

14 hours ago, NaNdagos said:

Omg. Such a shame :( I would have loved a previous announcement tho. Thank you anyways! Looking forward for the next system.

Okay. So I had a night to sleep on it and also talk about this with other people so I figured I would elaborate a little bit more.

First of all, Klei, thank you for offering Twitch drops! Both as a streamer and a DST player, this has definitely benefited me greatly! I started playing DST 7 months ago and I didn't have many skins which were only Twitch Drops. The encore was amazing for me and I managed to get a bunch of great skins out of it. Also, having drops enabled allowed me to really grow my community in twitch as well. For that I am really grateful!

After listening the opinion of other streamers and also after watching how the drop system works for other games, now I understand why this change was required. Certainly the next drop system looks way better. I believe this change is going to be a very good thing in the long run! I am really looking forward to see what you guys come up with.

Sending you lots of energy and good luck!

14 hours ago, PeterA said:

Hey everyone, I hope your February is going well, and you're all staying healthy.

twitch_klei_points.jpg

Back in 2018 we launched the Twitch Drops system and over the years many of you have participated in watching streams and earning items. Since then we've released two large collections, the Side Show Collection and the Crystalline Collection, as well as a handful of fun seasonal sets. Well over 2 million complete sets have been dropped to viewers! We hope you're enjoying the items and watching your favourite streamers.

Unfortunately the technology that the existing drop system works on is being decommissioned by Twitch, in favor of their newer system. Their new system has several features that will be useful for everyone, such as progress meters and current campaign information right in the Twitch interface.

Starting today the Don't Starve Together Twitch drops will be taking a bit of a hiatus. The existing system will be turning off while we upgrade and migrate to the new version, and possibly make a few changes while we're in there. We don't have a firm timeline of when they'll be returning, but if everything goes smoothly it will be just a few weeks. *crosses fingers*

As for the Crystalline Collection, we've put those up on the Klei Rewards page for everybody, and here are some Klei Points to help get you on the way to completing your collections.

In the up coming weeks we're also going to be doing some experiments with running our Rhymes With Play dev streams on Twitch again. All of Klei is working remotely still, so doing a dev stream from our homes will certainly be interesting.

Stay tuned for more details!

Hello, i have troble - on site i not have carrat torch, but i have it in game and i bue it again... and  i just  loose my klei points...

On 2/18/2021 at 8:17 PM, PeterA said:

<snip>

Thanks for this. I think this might be a bit of an "oopsie" though. I'm now missing several loyal skins:

image.png.2d7b457617a79b28575217d4b949afdb.png

image.png.9d6a44426e5d764ad24daef6e2fa4112.png

That's 9600 Klei points I would need to spend to rectify the fact the skins were moved to timeless. I also now don't technically own the Clucky Winter Hat which I was previously over the moon about:

image.png.560315537033b3a81e67c0fa5e641734.png

Why couldn't we just keep them as redeemable loyal skins? Those that have them keep them, those that don't redeem them?

Also, it's "only" 100 points for the Prismatic Moon Caller Staff Profile Icon but this never even dropped during the Twitch or Encore drop campaigns.(mentioned this before). This should probably be a free redeem:

image.png.8b43687004be8668462fe73d0b1313d6.png

image.png.65a4fd63af8a5b358557d1d960120514.png

1 hour ago, camelCase said:

Why couldn't we just keep them as redeemable loyal skins?

I think the reason why is that the "loyal" rarity is to show that you were loyal and got those skins when the were first released. And timeless meaning that they aren't limited.

So if you need to, you can look at it this way that "loyal" is a higher tier rarity than "timeless"

They are the same skin, so don't waste your points just getting the same less-rare skin

56 minutes ago, DarkPulse91 said:

I think the reason why is that the "loyal" rarity is to show that you were loyal and got those skins when the were first released. And timeless meaning that they aren't limited.

So if you need to, you can look at it this way that "loyal" is a higher tier rarity than "timeless"

They are the same skin, so don't waste your points just getting the same less-rare skin

It's actually the other way around, timeless is where skins are "archived", it has been done that way many times in the past.

I just don't get it for these particular skins though. Firstly, it was to rectify the fact they were time limited; this is now voided. Secondly, for anyone that was "loyal" enough (and let's face it, are probably skin collectors) now need to spend almost 10,000 points to complete a collection which was previously complete.

I don't really think the community really care all that much about Timeless or having what other people can't. I mean, you can't flex a duplicate skin that is only different by an internal label on public servers for example. If the argument someone comes back to me with is, "Oh, it doesn't matter, you still have the skin" then my response is "Exactly, why bother doing this at all?!". It has been done for Heirloom skins so as to not completely screw the community market (it still kind of did, but whatever) but there's literally no benefit here- they aren't marketable skins.

For all these skins I'm only missing the Clucky Winter Hat (which I finally HAD due to the Rewards page before this update) and I really don't care that other people are able to get the skins I had to arbitrarily log in at some point in the past to get. I mean, the Valentine's ones were only up for a week so I was congratulating Klei on this decision to add them to Rewards but now they've gone and oof'd it in my opinion.

These same identical skins with different rarity values is highly highly confusing- and I find it highly pointless if I’m being honest.

Literally the ONLY use I’ve found for higher rarities are unraveling them for Spools.

For Example: For Halloween I was awarded the head & bottom for Wendy Lureplant skin set, but the other day I got that same Lureplant bottom as my daily log in gift- I didn’t understand what the differences were between the two except one unravels for 450 spool and the other unravels for 150 spool- I Obviously unraveled the one worth 450.

And the only difference aside from unravel values- is one is called Heirloom Distinguished & the other is called Woven Distinguished.

I don’t think Timeless & Loyality items can be unraveled at all... so I don’t understand why THOSE even have different rarity values.

Its probably got a lot to do with A PC/Steam thing. *shrugs*

Either way I am Beyond thrilled I finally have Wendy Lureplant, Creepy Cauldron & Macabre Birdcage without having to pay a fortune for them. 

Archived